Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Whoever took the decision to get rid of those threads gets my vote for Mod of the year.
Who forced you to read them?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
You can still have all your petty arguments, Maz - it's just that they will be in a separate forum, sparing the rest of us.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
You can still have all your petty arguments, Maz - it's just that they will be in a separate forum, sparing the rest of us.
Ah, yes, petty arguments.

Whereas, as your post above shows, all of your contributions are serious, open-minded and gladhearted.

Anyway, you only post that because despite repeated requests you have yet to articulate the benefits of Brexit. I understand your pain and difficulty in so doing.

[In addition, I'm not so sure I understand what having a separate politics forum will 'spare the rest of us' from. Clicking on a thread that's obviously about politics? Are you really that weak-minded?]

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
The above posts are the reason why we have decided to get this nastiness out the way,good posters turning nasty is sad to see and why some do not post now.

Who gives a monkeys about the traffic on here as long as it's a laugh...

The picture galleries like the front page we want to get up and running soon,just trying to get the permissions set up so some of us can help Dave out.

Hopefully we can get the community spirit back into this place with Palace uniting us firstly, General chit chat back to what it used to be and the political nastiness is there if you want it but not infecting the rest of the BBS.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
And you have no interest in using that forum?
Old 03-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
The above posts are the reason why we have decided to get this nastiness out the way,good posters turning nasty is sad to see and why some do not post now.

The picture galleries like the front page we want to get up and running soon,just trying to get the permissions set up so some of us can help Dave out.

Hopefully we can get the community spirit back into this place with Palace uniting us firstly, General chit chat back to what it used to be and the political nastiness is there if you want it but not infecting the rest of the BBS.

I applaud the sentiment (no, I mean it), but I have to say that GPD is one of the most divided fora of them all. On match days I tend to avoid it.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I applaud the sentiment (no, I mean it), but I have to say that GPD is one of the most divided fora of them all. On match days I tend to avoid it.
Of course it is but thats the main reason we are here but at the end of the day we all want Palace to win together.....This place was set up for Palace supporters not politics.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Are the above posts (although I fail to see their nastiness) not evidence that you cannot isolate posters views to certain threads whatever forum they may be in?

This is after all a thread about social media.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Are the above posts (although I fail to see their nastiness) not evidence that you cannot isolate posters views to certain threads whatever forum they may be in?

This is after all a thread about social media.
We can contain the abuse,if you want to bring Brexit/ politics into GCC you may have a problem,this place was a Palace forum first GCC was always very much secondary but became quite a social place,not so much anymore.

Some of you seem to live of the negativity of which this brings,we will try to keep it in one place..It will not be perfect what is but we will have a go
Old 03-01-2019, 04:12 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
We are all of course here for the same reason and we all want Palace to win games. Some just can't control themselves on the match day thread and instead of being supportive, it comes out in endless negative shit. In fact, it's almost like they are having a subconscious game with fate in the hope that if they are scathing towards the club and players that it will come back (in a good way) and bite them on their arse, which is clearly what they want - see Ayew last night.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:23 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
We can contain the abuse,if you want to bring Brexit/ politics into GCC you may have a problem,this place was a Palace forum first GCC was always very much secondary but became quite a social place,not so much anymore.

Some of you seem to live of the negativity of which this brings,we will try to keep it in one place..It will not be perfect what is but we will have a go
I don't I was merely pointing out that people carry spats around with them from many threads; be they news, 9/11, politics or Wayne Hennessey.

Good luck.

Last edited by Hpalace; 03-01-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Are the above posts (although I fail to see their nastiness) not evidence that you cannot isolate posters views to certain threads whatever forum they may be in?.
There is no nastiness. Imo Richard has not got a nasty bone in his body (despite the pink trews) and I defy anyone to be genuinely nasty to him.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ah, yes, petty arguments.

Whereas, as your post above shows, all of your contributions are serious, open-minded and gladhearted.

Anyway, you only post that because despite repeated requests you have yet to articulate the benefits of Brexit. I understand your pain and difficulty in so doing.

[In addition, I'm not so sure I understand what having a separate politics forum will 'spare the rest of us' from. Clicking on a thread that's obviously about politics? Are you really that weak-minded?]

Spot on Maz.

From my pre-August 2000 under another handle I remember the marvellous match day threads (remember that dinky little chat facility?) but it's the match day thread I avoid like the plague. (I don't see Les getting bothered by that.)

Of course the BBS has changed - for better and for worse - and it's rather sad we have a small coterie of hand wringers who want to return to a seemingly better time. Strikes me, they're rather like the Brexiteers who want to return to an England that never existed.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
We are all of course here for the same reason and we all want Palace to win games. Some just can't control themselves on the match day thread and instead of being supportive, it comes out in endless negative shit. In fact, it's almost like they are having a subconscious game with fate in the hope that if they are scathing towards the club and players that it will come back (in a good way) and bite them on their arse, which is clearly what they want - see Ayew last night.
Anyone sat next to anyone like that at a game?

How many times have you heard from the background FFS is all you do is
**** ing moan? Some of us it can be imbedded after so many years of bollocks....At the moment I just think people forget who we are,how big we are (Compared to others) and what an achievement its been staying in the Prem this long....Unless multi billionaires take us over this is about as good as will get,competition for us is the bottom 16 prem teams and the Championship,unless say City has an off day and we get it right
Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
And you have no interest in using that forum?
Minimal.

To which you will understandably ask why I open political threads, when I could just leave them. The answer to that would be that, as Hpalace points out, I think the spats fall out of the political threads and infect the rest of GCC, which is a shame. Whilst a degree of spat-ery has always been an enjoyable part of the BBS, it is just too turgid these days, and has caused a number of posters (several of whom I have become friends with) to give up on it, which I think is a shame.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
From my pre-August 2000 under another handle I remember the marvellous match day threads (remember that dinky little chat facility?) but it's the match day thread I avoid like the plague. (I don't see Les getting bothered by that.)

Of course the BBS has changed - for better and for worse - and it's rather sad we have a small coterie of hand wringers who want to return to a seemingly better time. Strikes me, they're rather like the Brexiteers who want to return to an England that never existed.
Is it me, or is there something of an inconsistency between these two paragraphs ?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it should be left/LEFT on general discussion,as it amuses me in my oranjeboom afternoons
And it is titled GD
Old 03-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post

I don't get mad unless someone shouts goal when there is not one (the biggest no no )

I don't think the match days threads have changed at all ,...Its live, real time people watching listening to the game,it gets emotional happy one minute pissed off the next ,posters have their favorite players and not so and voice it negatively or positively...It's the closest you can get to actually being at the game...For such a large gathering we hardly get a reported post as most take it in the context of how the game is going at the time. There's only a few who will go back to a post and say "what did you say " No never bothered by Palace threads.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
It amazes me that people can't seem to avoid threads that they aren't interested in. It's not difficult is it?

Another top tip is, if you are going to post something then don't get upset if people attempt to discuss it with you. This might include asking for clarification or justification.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Is it me, or is there something of an inconsistency between these two paragraphs ?
It’s you.

In the first paragraph he is remembering the BBS as it used to be. And in the second, he is recognising that the BBS, like all things, has changed.

It’s hard to see any inconsistency there. Just factual content.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ