Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ BBS Forums Ľ User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRiley came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
The above posts are the reason why we have decided to get this nastiness out the way,good posters turning nasty is sad to see and why some do not post now.

Who gives a monkeys about the traffic on here as long as it's a laugh...

The picture galleries like the front page we want to get up and running soon,just trying to get the permissions set up so some of us can help Dave out.

Hopefully we can get the community spirit back into this place with Palace uniting us firstly, General chit chat back to what it used to be and the political nastiness is there if you want it but not infecting the rest of the BBS.

I like the sound of this.

I sometimes wonder if we were all (not just Palace fans...) unprepared for the internet. In a hundred or two-hundred yearsí time, how will folk look back on this naive age of a nascent technology that has changed the world forever?

Iím pretty sure there will be more regulation by that point but otherwise can only guess what itíll look like. Really, weíre all still figuring out how to use this momentus tool and just beginning to understand its many pros and cons.

Thatís why, when weíre all long gone, Iím proposing we donate the thread about pooing yourself in public to digital science. Think of all the good it could do to future generations.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Minimal.

To which you will understandably ask why I open political threads, when I could just leave them. The answer to that would be that, as Hpalace points out, I think the spats fall out of the political threads and infect the rest of GCC, which is a shame. Whilst a degree of spat-ery has always been an enjoyable part of the BBS, it is just too turgid these days, and has caused a number of posters (several of whom I have become friends with) to give up on it, which I think is a shame.
And Iíd understand it if the mods are finding it tiresome and onerous to moderate the spats (and mob bullying) that has been going on when Iíve looked at threads such as the Brexit one. Iíve been happy to increasingly ignore those political threads, but the mods canít do that. They must find it a butt ache.

Itís not the primary reason for creating this forum, yet began to dominate and I agree with you that the toxic attitude towards some posters was spilling over on to the football threads.

Iím grateful to the mods for their effort and time, and therefore happy to support their decision on this matter.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
And Iíd understand it if the mods are finding it tiresome and onerous to moderate the spats (and mob bullying) that has been going on when Iíve looked at threads such as the Brexit one. Iíve been happy to increasingly ignore those political threads, but the mods canít do that. They must find it a butt ache.

Itís not the primary reason for creating this forum, yet began to dominate and I agree with you that the toxic attitude towards some posters was spilling over on to the football threads.

Iím grateful to the mods for their effort and time, and therefore happy to support their decision on this matter.
I don't get that at all. No one is forced to post on "political" threads. If someone feels bullied they can stop posting, or put people on ignore. In my view there a number of trolls. They only post to get bites.

As an expat, the "political" (though I am not sure exactly how you separate political from news and from life) are a way I can follow how people are thinking in England. I would be much less informed on Brexit without the BBS. These threads can also be hugely entertaining if you approach them in the right way.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Also, what are we supposed to do when the government has awarded a shipping contract to a company with no history of shipping, or any ships, that uses a takeaway firms t&cs on its website?
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I don't get that at all. No one is forced to post on "political" threads. If someone feels bullied they can stop posting, or put people on ignore. In my view there a number of trolls. They only post to get bites.

As an expat, the "political" (though I am not sure exactly how you separate political from news and from life) are a way I can follow how people are thinking in England. I would be much less informed on Brexit without the BBS. These threads can also be hugely entertaining if you approach them in the right way.
The bullying element on this site is one of the most unpleasant aspects of it . People should be free to post their views or opinions without some arsehole and his mates hounding them off . If it were a gay / black/ woman on the receiving end it wouldn't be allowed to happen , and rightly so . Debate should be informative not devisive or an excuse to hound people off just because they differ from your own views. The brexit thread is a shitfest of the highest order , nobody comes off of that any the wiser or marginally better informed . It's just an excuse for the bullys on here to let the palace family down by portraying the absolute opposite of reasoned debate. It's not a case of don't read it if you don't like it, it's a case of can't.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 03-01-2019, 07:59 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Also, what are we supposed to do when the government has awarded a shipping contract to a company with no history of shipping, or any ships, that uses a takeaway firms t&cs on its website?
Careful. I didnít even mention politics/ the government/brexit etc and I got this warning

Quote:
if you want to bring Brexit/ politics into GCC you may have a problem
Old 03-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Careful. I didnít even mention politics/ the government/brexit etc and I got this warning
It's news, not politics
Old 03-01-2019, 08:12 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's news, not politics
The rules have changed. Anything ‘b’ word related is now classified as car crash.

Tread carefully.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
This place was set up for Palace supporters not politics.
Too right great decision.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
There's a politics forum now? Perhaps it should be amended to 'News and Politics', because they are two sides of the same coin.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Or 'Current Affairs'?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
There's a politics forum now? Perhaps it should be amended to 'News and Politics', because they are two sides of the same coin.
We discussed that and deliberately didnít want to include news.

Anyway this is only a trial to see how it goes
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Thatís news isnít it? Not politics.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That’s news isn’t it? Not politics.
That’s government news though - not ok.

International government news is ok though like Syria and stuff.

You can also discuss Donald Trump but I’m guessing you can’t discuss Leo Varadkar or Angela Merkel international government news but you can discuss their domestic news.

Simples.

Last edited by Hpalace; 03-01-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Semper Idem

I believe we are copying HOL.

Which means our main forum will now be mainly all about celebrities and faeces.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I believe we are copying HOL.

Which means our main forum will now be mainly all about celebrities and faeces.
All we need now is a pack of wannabe alpha males ()and weíre set.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Itís you.

In the first paragraph he is remembering the BBS as it used to be. And in the second, he is recognising that the BBS, like all things, has changed.

Itís hard to see any inconsistency there. Just factual content.
Thanks Maz.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Semper Idem

Its certainly strange to have abusive emojis (*) and then complain about conflict on the site.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-01-2019, 12:54 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Trouble is , it's never a discussion on here is it ? . The absence of political shit seems to have caused a few to go AWOL now they haven't got a vehicle to exhibit their less attractive side . Quite refreshing .
Might just be Christmas. I didn't even know anything has changed till I saw this thread just now.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:57 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Incidentally a politics forum is a shit idea. Who are these BBSers who don't like politics but nevertheless can't help themselves from going into politics threads in GCC and then getting upset by what they read?