Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-01-2019, 11:13 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Laptop buzzing when amplified.

I use my laptop a lot for when Im gigging and djing etc. Lately it has developed a very strange buzzing/ interference type noise when plugged into the p.a.

I have checked the leads etc and when I plug in other stuff and other laptops to the p.a. the sound isnt there, so this is definitely the laptop.

Any experts out there got any ideas please?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Usually cables or the output socket on the laptop.
Have you tried plugging it into a different pa or amplifier to see if the same problem occurs?
Old 25-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I use my laptop a lot for when Im gigging and djing etc. Lately it has developed a very strange buzzing/ interference type noise when plugged into the p.a.

I have checked the leads etc and when I plug in other stuff and other laptops to the p.a. the sound isnt there, so this is definitely the laptop.

Any experts out there got any ideas please?
Turn your love eggs off.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-01-2019, 12:40 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Usually cables or the output socket on the laptop.
Have you tried plugging it into a different pa or amplifier to see if the same problem occurs?
Yep. Like i said its not the cables. After a google it seems I may have a ground loop prob...especially as it stops when I unplug the power cable.

And my love eggs

Old 25-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. Like i said its not the cables. After a google it seems I may have a ground loop prob...especially as it stops when I unplug the power cable.

And my love eggs
Can you try another power cable/transformer?
Old 25-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

And my love eggs
You can buy ground loop isolators to solve that
Old 25-01-2019, 12:52 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Can you try another power cable/transformer?
I'll gove that a go.

Old 25-01-2019, 12:52 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
You can buy ground loop isolators to solve that
Cool, I will have a look. Cheers

Old 25-01-2019, 12:58 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree with CT its always the ground that's a problem when it comes to laptops.
Old 25-01-2019, 01:02 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Is it full of Biggus' pubes?
Old 26-01-2019, 01:43 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This place does a ground loop isolator but its not that cheap. I haven't tried it but have bought one of their DACs which is very good.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:14 AM

Deezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDeezel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I use this between the laptop and mixer and it works.
Old 28-01-2019, 10:02 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
I use this between the laptop and mixer and it works.
Just bought that one, thanks.

Old 31-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
No need for that. Just remove the earth lead from its connection to the plug socket. Trust.
Old 31-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I recently got a couple of new dual-usb high power fast chargers for my phone(s), pads, USB headphones, etc. etc. etc.

Problem is that when I listen to my phone audio through wired 3.5mm in-ear phones while the phone is charging I get a really annoying mains buzzzzzzzz.

Can I use one of these 'Ground Loop Isolators' to get rid of it?

There's a few for around 5 etc. on Amazon...?
Old 31-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Still #buzzin?
Old 31-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
No need for that. Just remove the earth lead from its connection to the plug socket. Trust.
Or ideally put it through an extension lead where you've done this.
Old 31-01-2019, 04:01 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Put your tongue on it to test it
Old 31-01-2019, 04:04 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Put your tongue on it to test it
I got a mate round to test it.

Old 31-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Lol I was only just sent a similar video on what's app this evening. Stupid tart ended up knocked out. Fubar.