Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
But the discussion is about *scouting*. Not players we sign. There are a huge number of factors involved in actually signing a player, the scouting is just one element of it.

Just because we don't sign a player it doesn't necessarily mean that we either A) weren't interested in the first place, or B) the story is made up as most people seem to think when stuff doesn't actually happen.

Last January we were still hampered by overreach on FFP/STCC, as we were this summer (Kouyate being our only significant outlay) and are again this January.

We signed Jach for approx £2million on small wages, Sorloth for a fee which will rise to more than is being reported but importantly on small wages, and Rakip on loan - small wages.

All three were woeful signings, but the scout who was responsible for recommending them (our former chief scout back in the Simon Jordan days, Barry Simmonds) is now marginalised in terms of his influence. Once bitten, twice shy etc. But scouts don't sign players, managers, chairmen and Sporting Directors do. If ever there is 'blame' then it falls in multiple areas.

Sometimes managers look at players and really push for them to sign (Warnock with James McArthur for example).

It's not anywhere near as simple as it's made out.

We don't generally have good transfer windows, but that's not necessarily simply a result of scouting, and certainly not exclusively a result of scouting.

Yes, but ignorance is not an excuse. I don't think Bakary Sako is a good signing, even though it will be only a six-month deal, but we can't afford Batshuayi or others. I don't think that signing Sako will make a difference between staying up or being relegated, and as such I would prefer to use any one of Levi Lumeka, Sean Robertson, TQ Addy or Brandon Pierrick as back-up wingers (assuming he plays as a winger). Assuming Sako is on £30kpw (which would be half of what he was on when he was here previously) then say that's for 20 weeks that's £600,000 you're spending. Is that value for money?
I could've sworn it was Omar Yabroudi who identified Jarek Jach. There was an article with him.admitting it and proclaiming that he will be a PL regular soon enough. Not really seeing much evidence of that at all!

On a side note back in 2012 Dougie and Omar scouted a certain Mo Salah but didnt have the funds to make a bid

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
I could've sworn it was Omar Yabroudi who identified Jarek Jach. There was an article with him.admitting it and proclaiming that he will be a PL regular soon enough. Not really seeing much evidence of that at all!

On a side note back in 2012 Dougie and Omar scouted a certain Mo Salah but didnt have the funds to make a bid

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yeah there is an article about it but it's wrong. Yabroudi is basically just a bloke who tags along holding Dougie's coat for him.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 27-01-2019, 01:12 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
What is this obsession with criticising our scouting network when people don't have a clue who may or may not have been scouted.

One minute it's oh no that can't be true when a paper reports a rumour, then the next it's evidence that our scouting is shit.

As mentioned about a billion times, it's not the fact that players aren't identified that's the issue, it's the current availability of funds. We will be in a much better position to spend money on better players in the summer than we are now.

We scout hundreds, if not thousands, of players every season. Inevitably we scout many of the same players that other Premier League clubs do as well (that's why you'll notice that other clubs get linked with the same players we do).

One minute the scouting is done using statistical models and a 'database' (it's not) then the next it must be the scouts who are shit.

People just make this shit up based on absolutely no idea of what actually goes on at the club, then blame people who don't even do the job that they're accused of being shit at doing.

I realise the BBS has always been like that and it's not unique to Palace but seriously some of the overreactions based on totally false premises is embarrassing
Good post Woosie. Most of the posts on here are without foundation.
Old 27-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I don't think it would make a difference if we had Shake Yebroudi or bleedin Monchi sorting out the transfers, if we're hamstrung by the feds.

I think the main gripe is we're 6 years into the #project and still skulking about at the poundshop
Old 27-01-2019, 01:26 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah there is an article about it but it's wrong. Yabroudi is basically just a bloke who tags along holding Dougie's coat for him.
Worth having around then?
Old 27-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
agree but look at the last few years. No one is saying we aren't trying and its obviously difficult but lets not pretend we are very good. We need to improve if we are to stay up. Look at last Jan transfer window as an example.
OK...

Sako
Perri

Guiata
Kouyate
Meyer
Ayew

Sorloth
Rakip
Jach
Cavalleri

Sakho
Reideweld
Fosu Mensah
Loftus Cheek

Luka
Sakho
PVA
Schlupp

Benteke
Benteke (Jonathan)
Tomkins
Townsend
Mandanda
Remy - loan
Flamini

All our signings for the last 3 and a half years.

I'd say that is a pretty good list in fairness, the list of successes for players that would have required scouting is pretty decent really.
Old 27-01-2019, 02:53 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
Think it is more to do with the available money.
Absolutely.
Improve the Infrastructure,by Developing the Main-Stand,to Gain Extra Revenue.
Old 27-01-2019, 04:47 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Absolutely.
Improve the Infrastructure,by Developing the Main-Stand,to Gain Extra Revenue.
This ^^^
Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 PM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Give the scouting system a chance. From what i heard the scouting department in place was only set up at the start of season so you can’t judge them on a January window.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:14 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
OK...

Sako
Perri

Guiata
Kouyate
Meyer
Ayew

Sorloth
Rakip
Jach
Cavalleri

Sakho
Reideweld
Fosu Mensah
Loftus Cheek

Luka
Sakho
PVA
Schlupp

Benteke
Benteke (Jonathan)
Tomkins
Townsend
Mandanda
Remy - loan
Flamini

All our signings for the last 3 and a half years.

I'd say that is a pretty good list in fairness, the list of successes for players that would have required scouting is pretty decent really.
Knock off the loans and we have (match day squad players in bold):

Sako
Meyer
Kouyate
Guaita
Cavalieri - free agent and released at end of season
Sorloth - out on loan
Jach - out on loan
Sakho
Henry - free agent and in under 23s squad
Riedewald
Milivojevic
van Aanholt
Schlupp
Flamini - free agent and released at end of season
McGregor - free agent and in under 23s squad
Husin - free agent - signed for Notts County
Benteke Jonathan - free agent and released at end of season
Benteke
Tomkins
Townsend
Mandanda - sold for a profit

The list confirms that we have bought experienced players.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 11-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I don't think it would make a difference if we had Shake Yebroudi or bleedin Monchi sorting out the transfers, if we're hamstrung by the feds.

I think the main gripe is we're 6 years into the #project and still skulking about at the poundshop
Poundshop? Signing players for near £30m and several players over £100k a week.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Little known fact, but between the years of 1993-96 I actually was a scout for palace up this neck of the woods. Gained a bit of respect from Peter Nicholas, then head scout when my first schoolboy recommendation was signed for two years
Old 13-02-2019, 06:49 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is a reasonable chance that we will have £100m or so coming in this summer if two out of Sakho/Wilf/AWB leave. This will be the time to judge our scouting department - not the last two or three windows where we've really had very little to play with.
Old 13-02-2019, 08:00 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
There is a reasonable chance that we will have £100m or so coming in this summer if two out of Sakho/Wilf/AWB leave. This will be the time to judge our scouting department - not the last two or three windows where we've really had very little to play with.
That’s when the scouting network earns its corn when there’s little money about . They’ve done well I feel .
Old 13-02-2019, 08:10 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Woosie may correct me but, as I understand it, a fair amount of time and money is being spent developing and broadening a network to scout and develop younger players. We may not see the fruits if that for some time.
Old 14-02-2019, 08:11 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Having a big kitty doesn't guarantee you always sign the right player, as its been shown many times, latest example is Everton.
Old 14-02-2019, 06:52 PM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Woosie may correct me but, as I understand it, a fair amount of time and money is being spent developing and broadening a network to scout and develop younger players. We may not see the fruits if that for some time.
Until we get sorted into the ‘new’ academy digs I don’t think we will see much in terms of signing players under 21 unless they can step straight into the first team. I reckon the scouts have been told to sign players who are good enough to comfortably keep the club in the league for the next few windows and then once we are setlled on the academy and decided if we step to cat 1 status then we will look into players for the u18’s and dev squad
Old 26-02-2019, 06:49 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting that for all the criticism of our scouting network, Mourinho has come out and said 5 close scouts are better than 500.To view the link you have to Register or Login