Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-02-2019, 12:22 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
That's true, but who will be the Chelsea manager next year? If Sarri is on his way out (bizarre, I know), then unless a new manager gets identified for Chelsea before the summer transfer window opens, Chelsea may decide to sit on a number of their assets until later on in the transfer window.
On the contrary any new potential manager knows it's very much a short term cut throat business and won't want to be taking chances with youngsters.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 16-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
On the contrary any new potential manager knows it's very much a short term cut throat business and won't want to be taking chances with youngsters.
True, but the point I was making is that Chelsea changing their manager may delay things at their end, not ours. Any new manager may play the 'I need to see them all play before I decide who I need' card, thus deferring necessary outgoings until late in August; not ideal for us.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:42 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Need to decide what our preferred formation and style is and get players accordingly. If you say 4-4-2 and you want wide players like Zaha and Townsend creating then you need 2 quality blockers in the middle. Roy has often played with the likes of McArthur and Schluup so then you need more creativity in the middle of a heavy reliance on the top 2.

If we were to go for 4-3-3 then you would need some creativity in the 3.

Part of our issue is we have different managers who play different ways inheriting a squad of players who dont fit to their style.

For me it is:
1. Who is going to be manager next year
2. What style of football in what formation do they play
3. Who do we have that fits that and is good enough
4. What do we need to bring in
1. Hodgson
2. Negative but organised 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
3. Defence fine, strikers fine with one addition/Batshuayi
4. Midfield is where we need bodies (see my post above)
Old 17-02-2019, 09:36 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
On the contrary, his back injury is the reason we even have a chance of getting him in the first place. With a run of games the guy could be a very special player indeed. I'm no expert in back injuries but I recall Gerrard having multiple injuries that were related to his back that he eventually grew out of. RLC still managed 20+ starts for us last season despite an unrelated serious foot/ankle injury - he probably would have played 30+ games but for that.

Even if the back injury is a long standing issue that needs to be managed he can still play 30+ games every season going forward. It's not putting me off.
I would agree if it was 30 games, and as you say, it might grow out, but what if its only 20 games and gets worse , i know he is a great player when fit, but for me still a big risk if we had to lay out 30M odd
Old 18-02-2019, 11:18 AM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
can we bring in daniel james from swansea to create some good backup competition next season
Old 18-02-2019, 11:35 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
can we bring in daniel james from swansea to create some good backup competition next season
He looks like a star in the making. Raw pace was exceptional, but what impressed me was the composure to slow himself down before finishing. He looks a real talent.
Old 18-02-2019, 11:45 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
how about Pascal Grob if and hopefully the scum get relegated
Old 18-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James Ward-Prowse only 25 under used by Southampton and would spice up the dressing room.
Old 18-02-2019, 12:57 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
how about Pascal Grob if and hopefully the scum get relegated
Bissouma looks the best of theres I would say. Though unlikley the drop. From the ones we know are going (he says)

1. Philip Billing - athletic, left sided, big powerful, wouldnt cost more than 15m I would imagine either

2. Tom Cairney - not sure he is the answer and may cost too much for what he is worth but is a talented player in a poor team.

3. Jean Michael Seri - could come in to play ina similar Cabaye-esque role.
Old 18-02-2019, 01:01 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
From those in the Championship Daniel James stands out as does Ollie Watkins but not sure if they would be immediate starters.

Wilson and Mount on loan at Derby (Liverpool and Chelsea) both look good players, as does Timori (CB) at Derby. With the new rules in place for next season, Chelsea may be looking to sell these
Old 18-02-2019, 01:44 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have the loan rules been confirmed thought they were still being mooted for 20/21?
Old 24-02-2019, 12:22 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
The emergence of Schlupp as a player who can slot in to a midfield 3 has possibly changes our priorities.

If we continue to play with a 3 man midfield we have Luka, Jimmy, Jeff, Kouyate and Max all competing for starting places. Another midfielder may not be seen as a priority.
Old 24-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I’d go all out for Mooy this summer. He’d be perfect for us.

RLC is a no go. I’ve been reliably informed that we’re not interested due to the previously mentioned back issues.
Old 24-02-2019, 07:43 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Id go all out for Mooy this summer. Hed be perfect for us.

RLC is a no go. Ive been reliably informed that were not interested due to the previously mentioned back issues.
Mooy would be perfect but his age would concern me. We need to start bringing in players who will have the growth and sell on in value in my eyes. He turns 29 in September and I've no doubt he has 3-4 good quality season left in him still but it would depend on money Huddersfield demand.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 24-02-2019, 12:23 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
looking to meyer to replace MacArthur gradually / eventually.
looking to nye kirby to replace punch as squad player in 19-25 position.
signing RLC would mean little point in keeping marcathur and hes ahead of meyer so would be upgrade.
mooy will have suitors although others on here may disagree would be a marginal upgrade on luka. (worth the additional outlay perhaps not ?) unless we changed formation and played him alongside luka and with meyer or RLC further forward.
shluppy provides us with balance and allows PVA to roam. shluppy in himself isnt exceptionally technically gifted but does provide a great balance down the left between pva and wilf. i think were beginning to recognize his worth at last.
Old 24-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Eagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
From those in the Championship Daniel James stands out as does Ollie Watkins but not sure if they would be immediate starters.

Wilson and Mount on loan at Derby (Liverpool and Chelsea) both look good players, as does Timori (CB) at Derby. With the new rules in place for next season, Chelsea may be looking to sell these
Ollie Watkins is definitely one we should be tracking

Never was a truer word spoken !
Old 24-02-2019, 01:05 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Don’t think centre midfield is a problem for us. Milivojevic, Kouyate, McArthur, Meyer & Schlupp. We need a winger/attacking midfielder like Loftus-Cheek who is perfect for us. Get him back or bring in a player like Ollie Watkins
Old 24-02-2019, 03:54 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
looking to meyer to replace MacArthur gradually / eventually.
looking to nye kirby to replace punch as squad player in 19-25 position.
signing RLC would mean little point in keeping marcathur and hes ahead of meyer so would be upgrade.
mooy will have suitors although others on here may disagree would be a marginal upgrade on luka. (worth the additional outlay perhaps not ?) unless we changed formation and played him alongside luka and with meyer or RLC further forward.
shluppy provides us with balance and allows PVA to roam. shluppy in himself isnt exceptionally technically gifted but does provide a great balance down the left between pva and wilf. i think were beginning to recognize his worth at last.
It's hard to disagree with your sentiments Coach it is on the lines to what i have suggested previously. I would suggest we need to tweek the midfield squad for next season with the addition of say Two/Three new upgrades, however i am not sure Kirby is ready for even a squad place, and i feel RLC is a non starter. So as for McArthur, i would see him mainly as a valuable squad member but will be hard to replace the energy he brings, Mooy springs to mind as a wonderful addition and an ideal partner alongside Luka to give us solidity. For the attacking role i am still to be convinced about Meyer as he has struggled to stamp his undoubted class todate, there seems something missing in his game but am willing to be proved wrong, hence why i like Bradley Dack as another option for that role strong on the ball, abundance of energy but also his incredible scoring record for a midfielder would be ideal for our requirements, the only question mark is that he is unproven at this level. There is another youngster that has really impressed that is the young McNeil (spelling?) at Burnley he has looked very creative with excellent movement, an outstanding prospect at just 19.
Add these Three midfielders, and as Centre Back addition Cooper at Millwall would strengthen the defensive squad, and for the attack Danny Welbeck, would make a good summer window.
Old 24-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
The emergence of Schlupp as a player who can slot in to a midfield 3 has possibly changes our priorities.

If we continue to play with a 3 man midfield we have Luka, Jimmy, Jeff, Kouyate and Max all competing for starting places. Another midfielder may not be seen as a priority.
Might end up selling one.
Old 24-02-2019, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
Might end up selling one.
We might.