Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-02-2019, 07:26 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
the Brentford Way

Their recruitment strategy of buying cheap and selling high , centres on identifying out of favour players who fit their style of play , but most importantly have development potential.
To develop the players they use a variety of coaches along with analytical data. Individual coaching ; certain skills coaching - crossing , shooting , passing - they even use a sleep coach. Interesting approach utilising a variety of experts .
Old 13-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
They're also 18th in the Championship.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:39 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
You don't go from the lower reaches of league one to being a fairly established Chanpionship side without a real plan. And fair play to them they have done.

I'm assuming by your post you'd like us to replicate or model something similar. But you need to be realistic with what you're trying to achieve. It would be a big gamble to start operating in a similar vein to Brentford. That's also whilst having the patience of our support on board whilst doing so and I just can't see that.

As a fan base as a whole I think we like grafters first and foremost with an added bit of flair and pace. I think as a club our best approach would be to entice the cream of the chanpionship or good young English talent who can't make the break through at the big clubs, Chelsea mainly as the new loan ruling system comes into place.

I think we're assembling a very solid nucleus in this squad, if we can perhaps offload Benteke and one more big earner then we can recruit some quality players from the second tier who will grow and develop both in ability and value.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:40 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Their recruitment strategy of buying cheap and selling high , centres on identifying out of favour players who fit their style of play , but most importantly have development potential.
To develop the players they use a variety of coaches along with analytical data. Individual coaching ; certain skills coaching - crossing , shooting , passing - they even use a sleep coach. Interesting approach utilising a variety of experts .
or prior to Brentford the Uncle Ron approach. Ron would actively encourage scouts to gauge the players mentality, social habits etc to ensure they would cope with the strong characters in the squad.
Old 13-02-2019, 08:44 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
You don't go from the lower reaches of league one to being a fairly established Chanpionship side without a real plan. And fair play to them they have done.

I'm assuming by your post you'd like us to replicate or model something similar. But you need to be realistic with what you're trying to achieve. It would be a big gamble to start operating in a similar vein to Brentford. That's also whilst having the patience of our support on board whilst doing so and I just can't see that.

As a fan base as a whole I think we like grafters first and foremost with an added bit of flair and pace. I think as a club our best approach would be to entice the cream of the chanpionship or good young English talent who can't make the break through at the big clubs, Chelsea mainly as the new loan ruling system comes into place.

I think we're assembling a very solid nucleus in this squad, if we can perhaps offload Benteke and one more big earner then we can recruit some quality players from the second tier who will grow and develop both in ability and value.
No not replicate the model , we are different although some of the ideas seem to have merit in proportion. E.g One or two developmental purchases per season. But more interesting I think is the supplementary coaching . I think a number of our team might benefit from this .
Old 14-02-2019, 07:57 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No not replicate the model , we are different although some of the ideas seem to have merit in proportion. E.g One or two developmental purchases per season. But more interesting I think is the supplementary coaching . I think a number of our team might benefit from this .
We certainly need a free kick and how to take a corner coach, our corners are a disgrace , just hopeful punts into the box.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:08 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We used to be so good at this in the Noades Coppell days. I appreciate it’s harder to do nowadays but with the money at stake it’s surely worth taking a punt on 1 or 2 developmental players. Also talented players from the Championship tend to hold their value as if they don’t make it in the Prem then there are Championship clubs happy to have them. I.e Gayle & Bamford.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:09 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There are aspects of their scouting and transfer system that surely we can learn from for sure. Unfortunately their decline started when they lost Dean Smith the manager and his coaches who had linked it all together with attractive attacking play with results to match, however with his departure the club seem to be heading back where they came from, a real pity as it was good to see a "small" club emerge from nowhere.
But as we have seen at Aston Villa the influence of Smith has not been as exciting as many Villa fans had expected, which shows it was more the development of their Whole System that Brentford had put together was the reason for their rise.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I expect Villa to try and get Maupay this summer.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
But as we have seen at Aston Villa the influence of Smith has not been as exciting as many Villa fans had expected, which shows it was more the development of their Whole System that Brentford had put together was the reason for their rise.
Before him Rosler and Warburton were unsuccessful after leaving Brentford for greener pastures!
Old 14-02-2019, 11:38 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
You couldn't do it in the Premier League, we can't play people like Jairo who have played for Ajax's first team let alone picking up some rare gems from the lower leagues and giving them the game time to make them better.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 14-02-2019, 01:58 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
They're also 18th in the Championship.
This.

Also - what works for one team wouldn't necessarily work for us.

Case in point - Brenford shut down their academy IIRC. We have two ex academy players in our first team probably worth a combined £80m+ on the transfer market.
Old 15-02-2019, 07:57 AM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Whilst it has some bonuses the problem is bringing in players to develop would be a huge risk as a Cat 2 club. Unless we sign a player who is guaranteed playing time it would not be beneficial to us. Cat 1 clubs have the opportunity to play teams abroad and at higher levels whilst Brentford are open to play who they like as they aren’t held back by the red tape of tbe premier league.
Old 15-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I hope they seriously don't think of it as the Brentford Way. What a load of wank.
Old 15-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
It's Moneyball isn't it?

The American way..
Old 15-02-2019, 04:45 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
It's a lot easier to do in the lower leagues than the premier league. As they don't have time to develop and are also taking up money on the FFP. These players will be scouted and hoarded by and not affecting the FFP of the big clubs.
Old 15-02-2019, 06:28 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Such an approach can only take you so far. It might make a decent Championship team but once you start gunning for real glory you need more than analytics and Moneyball thinking. To win you need the best in the business in addition to team morale and functioning together as a team.

As mentioned above, we used to do it in the Noades/Coppell day of the mid 80s plucking players like Bright, Wright, Gray, Thomas, Redfearn, McGoldrick and more from the depths of the lower leagues and other teams reserves, but these days the gap is just a world too wide.
Old 15-02-2019, 09:21 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So … they're doing what everyone does on Football Manager …
Old 16-02-2019, 12:09 AM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Case in point - Brenford shut down their academy IIRC. We have two ex academy players in our first team probably worth a combined £80m+ on the transfer market.
Another of our talents hotly tipped to break through, Tyrick Mitchell, came from the Brentford academy. Their academy closed in May 2016, he signed for us in June of the same year
Old 16-02-2019, 12:32 AM

Hazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
I like the idea of making that extra training investment in the under 23’s.

It appears there are a couple of Chinese clubs after Will Donkin,