Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Bluetooth Issues.

I've recently been exploring music 'mixes' on Youtube and internet radio stations using iTunes. My MacBook Pro connects to a Bose sound link mini via Bluetooth.

I often lose the connection between the two and have to reconnect the speaker with the laptop. It also happens when I'm playing music from my iTunes library.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a Bluetooth issue (I've done all the de-bugging stuff)?

Last edited by fang; 17-03-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 17-03-2019, 07:19 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I've recently been exploring music 'mixes' on Youtube and internet radio stations using iTunes. My MacBook Pro connects to a Bose sound link mini via Bluetooth.

I often lose the connection between the two and have to reconnect the speaker with the laptop. It also happens when I'm playing music from my iTunes library.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a Bluetooth issue (I've done all the de-bugging stuff)?
I don't have either of your hardware devices but Bluetooth is susceptible to interference from other Bluetooth devices so check if your phone is transmitting Bluetooth as well? If not check to see via the phone or Mac if there any other Bluetooth sources transmitting. Being a PC user I'm not sure what resets or driver updates you can do with apple devices (or the Bose) but try all updates with either device. If all else fails try a low profile Bluetooth USB dongle (5ish) which may give a better connection than the inbuilt Bluetooth of the Mac?
Old 18-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
I don't have either of your hardware devices but Bluetooth is susceptible to interference from other Bluetooth devices so check if your phone is transmitting Bluetooth as well? If not check to see via the phone or Mac if there any other Bluetooth sources transmitting. Being a PC user I'm not sure what resets or driver updates you can do with apple devices (or the Bose) but try all updates with either device. If all else fails try a low profile Bluetooth USB dongle (5ish) which may give a better connection than the inbuilt Bluetooth of the Mac?

You were spot on! I had used my iPhone to connect to another speaker system at work a few weeks ago and left Bluetooth switched on. I turned it off and have had no problems since then. Thanks for the advice.