Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:30 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Players from Relegated Teams 2019

This thread seems to pop up most years so itís about that time. Some decent players will be available on the market this summer, who would people take?

Fulham - I quite like the look of Joe Bryan as competition to PVA, Cairney might look good in a better side, Mitro would be an obvious one. Babel has a flash of class now and again.

Cardiff - Mendez-Laing looks dangerous, rest look a bit meh but I havenít watched them much. Any other good players there?

Huddersfield - Kongolo is highly rated by their fans but looked a bit shakey when Iíve seen him. Other obvious ones being Billing and Mooy. Anyone else?

Who would people take?
Old 05-05-2019, 07:01 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
cairney doesnt have the pace to play top flight football and too often gets caught in possession, plus he signed a new deal this week.

Mitrovic and Mooy would improve has considerably.That jacob murphy at cardiff was pony, Bobby reid was better....
Old 05-05-2019, 07:25 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I think thereís better value in the clubs that may not make promotion.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:33 AM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mooy, Bobby Reid and Mitrovic for me
3. Al-Badar, 37 Brick Lane
4. The Raja, Cambridge
Old 05-05-2019, 08:06 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry View Post
These three for me too.

Mooy I feel is the one we should be going over and beyond to make happen. One year left in his contract and he's exactly what we need. He has the bite and quality to slow the game down in the same way Cabaye did for us.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post

Huddersfield - Kongolo is highly rated by their fans but looked a bit shakey when Iíve seen him. Other obvious ones being Billing and Mooy. Anyone else?

Who would people take?
I thought Kongolo, Mooy and Pritchard were their best players at Selhurst. We desperately need more flair and creativity in the squad, especially when Wilf is injured.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:47 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Spot on I think

Reid especially wouldn't cost a crazy amount
Old 05-05-2019, 08:52 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
Spot on I think

Reid especially wouldn't cost a crazy amount
Cardiff did pay £10M for him so I can only assume they'll still want a bit more on top of that. As good as he is I can't see us spending what seems to be a limited budget on him. That's also not forgetting Cardiff will know he's very much proven quality at that level.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:12 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
And Babel on a free

Thatís probably the ones that could do the job for us. In truth poor sides really
Old 05-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
And Babel on a free

Thatís probably the ones that could do the job for us. In truth poor sides really
Only if he changes his stupid hair
Old 05-05-2019, 09:28 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Only if he changes his stupid hair
Just a blue stripe would do it
Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is going to be a massive clear out of players at CPFC this summer possibly as many as Eight or more, so the squad will need strengthening. Who we bring in will be important as i feel firstly the First Team will need THREE quality additions to ensure we can be a Top Ten team, but importantly the squad needs to have decent quality to call on.
Who do we bring in from the relegated clubs? the ones i feel who will add strength to the squad will be Mooy, Babel and the Spanish midfielder on loan at Cardiff (cant think of his name) these three would add real strength in depth to our squad but certainly good enough to step into the First team if needed.
But if we are going to "step up" then we may have to invest in slightly better quality especially up Front, and if we were to sell Zaha, AWB and Sakho will need another rethink as these are the players the team revolves around and will take some replacing, not forgetting the fees needed to do so.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is going to be a massive clear out of players at CPFC this summer possibly as many as Eight or more, so the squad will need strengthening. Who we bring in will be important as i feel firstly the First Team will need THREE quality additions to ensure we can be a Top Ten team, but importantly the squad needs to have decent quality to call on.
Who do we bring in from the relegated clubs? the ones i feel who will add strength to the squad will be Mooy, Babel and the Spanish midfielder on loan at Cardiff (cant think of his name) these three would add real strength in depth to our squad but certainly good enough to step into the First team if needed.
But if we are going to "step up" then we may have to invest in slightly better quality especially up Front, and if we were to sell Zaha, AWB and Sakho will need another rethink as these are the players the team revolves around and will take some replacing, not forgetting the fees needed to do so.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:57 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Do you honestly think our goal should be to ‘ensure we are a top ten team?’

As you rightly point out there could be a lot of upheaval in the squad this summer. Some of it for the best - shipping out the out of contact/marginalised squad players who aren’t PL quality - and sone of it very worrying - potentially losing a few high class players.

A realistic goal would be to continue punching above our weight - finishing somewhere between 8-14th - and having the squad depth to prioritise a cup run.

There are at least two separate discussions about incoming players that need to take place depending on who we lose.

In terms of expendability I’d put these players in the following order (relative to what fee we could get for them) -

A1B - best tackler in the world? Huge prospect. But a fee a £50m represent pure profit, exactly the kind of deal we need to balance the books (unfortunately) and we could reinvest that sum on 2-3 solid PL players defensive/midfield players
Luka - replaceable if we get a fee of £30m plus. We’d miss his spirit and penalties.
Sakho - the player (when fit....) that enables us to play football more than any other. We need to keep him and continue to build our style of play transformation around him
Wilf - irreplaceable in a like for like transfer but his sale may facilitate the signing of 2-3 excellent attacking PL starters

Keep all of those or just losing one and the job of bringing in players will be much simpler.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:10 AM

I haven't followed him in other games but I thought Babel was absolute shit at Selhurst.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:23 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I haven't followed him in other games but I thought Babel was absolute shit at Selhurst.
And shit in most the games he's played. Couple of decent goals aside its a massive massive no
Old 05-05-2019, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Mitrovic has looked pretty poor recently. I can't make up my mind if he would be an improvement on Benteke or not. I'm not completely convinced he would.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:08 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Mitrovic has looked pretty poor recently. I can't make up my mind if he would be an improvement on Benteke or not. I'm not completely convinced he would.
He would
Old 05-05-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
And shit in most the games he's played. Couple of decent goals aside its a massive massive no
Agree. We need to move away from 30 somethings on their way down. Signings in a similar mould to Fraser and Madisson with room to improve and with resale value is where it’s at.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Do you honestly think our goal should be to Ďensure we are a top ten team?í

As you rightly point out there could be a lot of upheaval in the squad this summer. Some of it for the best - shipping out the out of contact/marginalised squad players who arenít PL quality - and sone of it very worrying - potentially losing a few high class players.

A realistic goal would be to continue punching above our weight - finishing somewhere between 8-14th - and having the squad depth to prioritise a cup run.

There are at least two separate discussions about incoming players that need to take place depending on who we lose.

In terms of expendability Iíd put these players in the following order (relative to what fee we could get for them) -

A1B - best tackler in the world? Huge prospect. But a fee a £50m represent pure profit, exactly the kind of deal we need to balance the books (unfortunately) and we could reinvest that sum on 2-3 solid PL players defensive/midfield players
Luka - replaceable if we get a fee of £30m plus. Weíd miss his spirit and penalties.
Sakho - the player (when fit....) that enables us to play football more than any other. We need to keep him and continue to build our style of play transformation around him
Wilf - irreplaceable in a like for like transfer but his sale may facilitate the signing of 2-3 excellent attacking PL starters

Keep all of those or just losing one and the job of bringing in players will be much simpler.
Interesting views and i respect the points you make.
Do i realistically see us as a Top Ten club? yes, providing we can keep our current squad and add 2/3 players of good quality, remembering we currently sit 12th with in reality is a squad with a few "weak areas" plus also for most of the season without a genuine striker.
If we are to make progress we need to keep our talisman Zaha at all costs as he lifts Fans and Players on and off the field and would be a massive loss if sold, i remember the effect Ian Wright had when sold. But also appreciate we need to raise funds to strengthen, so make no mistake it would be a big loss and create defensive weakness if AWB and Sakho were sold, but feel collectively their sale could raise around 60m and if the Board can be persuaded to add another 20m which is clearly affordable into the kitty, that should allow the manager a healthy budget to work with.
There is the possibility of adding to the kitty if One of our strikers was to be sold along with savings made with big earners released, so it all promises to be a very busy and interesting summer ahead for us Palace fans.