Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Another Ings. Always injured-avoid.
Ings has only been fit enough to manage 25 games in the last two seasons. Still got twice as many goals as Benteke has in that time though.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I like him and would be happy for him to join if the medical staff were satisfied about the injury concerns. I can understand why others are sceptical about his fitness though.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:05 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When fit, he's always been a good premier league quality striker, and I think he would fit our system.

But it would be a massive gamble given his injury-record and the length of time it's been since he's been 'on his game'. I'd feel better about signing Che Adams.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 06-05-2019, 05:20 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Thing is though Benteke these days isnít far off Wickham status in terms of injuries .
I am not so sure that Benteke is actually a crock like Wickham, probably more a question of injury niggle that returned recently, but with a rest over the summer he should return fully fit (i hope).
A fully functional CB would be the ideal centre forward for Palace, and as we would have a job shifting him on we can hope he does return fit and firing.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:21 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Ings has only been fit enough to manage 25 games in the last two seasons. Still got twice as many goals as Benteke has in that time though.
Sobering thought but Benteke, Welbeck and Wickham as your three strikers. Would be a race to see who could play the least games due to injury!
Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
16 goals in 88 league appearances in 5 full seasons at Arsenal
Ignoring the injury problems for a minute, is 1 in 5 that impressive playing for a top-6 club that creates a lot of chances?

As for 16 goals in 42 for England - the average opposition in an England international is League One level.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Sobering thought but Benteke, Welbeck and Wickham as your three strikers. Would be a race to see who could play the least games due to injury!
Would need a physio room rota.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:08 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
When fit, he's always been a good premier league quality striker, and I think he would fit our system.

But it would be a massive gamble given his injury-record and the length of time it's been since he's been 'on his game'. I'd feel better about signing Che Adams.
Pretty much agree, except Roy will know more about the particulars with Wellbeck.

I haven't seen much Champs football, but there must be some decent strikers from the league to be had. Just saw some highlights of Che Adams, seems decent but a lot of coaching still to be done with him, he really doesn't trust his left foot for much & not a single header in the reel. I think big clubs will avoid for that reason, but Roy might well like that about him.

Since I think we're looking at Mitrovic + 1, he could be the 1.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:22 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
1 in 5 scoring ratio, haven't seen anything as good as that at Palace for a long time. (maybe Murrey).
Zaha this season?
Old 06-05-2019, 06:24 PM

redemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good player (not exactly up to the standard for the top clubs), but would clearly be a huge asset for teams outside the top 5 - I'd just be wary about his injuries, especially since he's coming up to 29.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Is this another example of fan suggestion wrapped up as rumour, or of Palace's piss-poor scouting set-up?
Old 06-05-2019, 07:19 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Get the impression he was a target for us before his injury. So if there is a way Parish and Dougie can get him on the cheap, you'd certainly wouldn't be surprised if a deal is done for Welbeck. Pre injury I'd say it wouldn't be a bad signing but who knows now. Fully fit he's an upgrade on a couple of our forwards and would certainly fill the void that Batsuayi would leave, but again a gamble. I'd take it mind, but get why a lot of others wouldn't.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:29 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
He was never a sicknote at Man U, but he has been cursed at Arsenal.

I don't think he is permanent sicknote al la Wiltshere.

The question is whether he has fully recovered and can be the player he was. If he can than what a great signing, but if he can why are Arsenal getting rid?

A lot of question marks, but if he can be 100% fit I would love to sign him
Old 06-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
I hope we go for that brum guy for the striker options. I really rate wellveck and think he would suit our style massively. But not sure because of the injuries. Got a feeling we will go one way or the other, brum guy and another youngster. Or wellbeck and Cahill
Please not Cahill. Overrated donkey!
Old 07-05-2019, 07:40 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
In theory a 2 year deal on £80k costs us around £8.5m. If, and I guess it is a big if, he is probably a £25-£35m forward, then getting him for 1/4 of the price is good business.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:58 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Danny Unwellbeck

No.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
In theory a 2 year deal on £80k costs us around £8.5m. If, and I guess it is a big if, he is probably a £25-£35m forward, then getting him for 1/4 of the price is good business.
Playing a 1/6 of the time is bad business
Old 07-05-2019, 08:52 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Plus I imagine a £5m signing-on fee.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 07-05-2019, 08:53 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Before this injury I'd have said yeah. His injury record wasnt terrible before but in recent years hasn't been great and then this big injury

Quality player and ideal for us. Hes a quality top half if not top 4/5 striker that can score with his feet or head, has pace, and instinct

Hed be on high wages and an injury risk however

If we could get him on largely performance based wages then maybe but that's unlikely. Someone will give him a good wage and we shouldn't
Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I am not so sure that Benteke is actually a crock like Wickham, probably more a question of injury niggle that returned recently, but with a rest over the summer he should return fully fit (i hope).
A fully functional CB would be the ideal centre forward for Palace, and as we would have a job shifting him on we can hope he does return fit and firing.
Agree