Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 24-01-2014, 11:18 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY FROM BR1 View Post
Have you automated the process?
Not yet. I know I can place bets in the pre/ post market simultaneously, but one needs to happen before the other, else I could end up with an unmatched lay - I don't think BF has that 'if' capability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
being hurt in the pocket no bad thing once in a while to remind me it's actually not free money
Very important.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245

Last edited by tasty_snacks; 24-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hate that, get a nice 20 green on both NZ and India, match ends in a bloody tie so stakes returned

Only a 12 green on Cibulkova, zero on Na. 20 won last night, will put up screenshots later

Being a bit conservative after Black Thursday, but not hugely
Old 26-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Bigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Going to try this myself finbar to see how i get on. You have inspired me to give it a go and will enjoy the challenge and maths behind it.

First trade was too risky, backed Cibulkova for whole bankroll to nick a point due to the weighting of the money in the market. This is hindsight was a bad trade, comitted too much and didnt scope the market out correctly. Backed @ 3.45, layed @3.35.

My 2nd trade is progressing nicely, got a bet matches on Roma @1.76 last night aftrr buffon red and Lazio scored. The weighting of the money suggested this would come in a lot and factoring in the general punters perception of Roma (with them now having a small chance to close the gap on Juve), the trade appealed.

They currently sit @ 1.67. I think as you have previously mentioned, the skill is to pick when to trade now based on the dynamics of the market. Have backed for 220 (jus under 1/2 my br).

Edit: Have layed the bet off @ 1.67, a lot of big back bets are waiting to get matched and feel the price has maybe stabilised. Total outlook is: Verona +10, Draw +10, Roma +10.90

Last edited by Bigtoe82; 26-01-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Update
Old 26-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Excellent stuff BT, GBP 450 is a decent enough bankroll, suggest to set profit targets and track your bets.

You were unlucky on Cibulkova as her price came in (then went out) several times in the few hours before the start.

Good luck, great fun and very statisfying when it comes off
Old 26-01-2014, 11:23 AM

..and so to my night...

Cricket was going ok,, had a GBP 20 free bet on England, then went in again, got distracted and missed the toss, by which time the Aus price had come right in...leaving me in a hole.

This time I managed to trade out of it as follows

About 5mins before the match started...
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Backing England to try and give myself a chance to trade out (Aus batting first, wouldn't have done that had England batted first)

Traded to this position after Aus made a lowly 216

and finally gave myself a chance of a win but made sure I didn't lose, as it was England choked and I won 15p

Quite fortunate really
Old 26-01-2014, 11:30 AM

The tennis was altogether a lot better

The Nadal vs Wawrinka market was totally locked up with GBP 300k on each side, no way to get involved there. However the Winner of the Aus Open market was a lot quieter, and you know it'll always follow the match market (didn't occur to me yesterday to check that market for Li Na's game)

Already had GBP 43 green on Wawa and GBP 19 on Nadal, by the start I had the choice

- take about GBP 50 profit
- Put it all on Wawa for a GBP 330 green
- Something inbetween

In the end I took GBP 25 on Rafa and have a GBP 208 on Wawa

Great start from Wawa and then the Rafa injury, didn't lay off at 1.08 like I almost did, then Rafa came back into it. By the end I made over GBP 150 Going a long way to making up for Black Thursday

My final pre match position an hour or so before the start

My final position (pre commission) but checking my p&l I actually won GBP 177.10, so not sure about that, will see what my spreadsheet says when that's updated

Old 26-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Yep made GBP 177 on the Mens Champ market

Here is my P&L for week 3, actually turned a profit somehow!!

With Big Bash almost finished and the Aus Open done I think it'll be a lot quieter for a while, no bad thing

Old 26-01-2014, 06:44 PM

ANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Excellent stuff BT, GBP 450 is a decent enough bankroll, suggest to set profit targets and track your bets.

You were unlucky on Cibulkova as her price came in (then went out) several times in the few hours before the start.

Good luck, great fun and very statisfying when it comes off
Agree with most of your stuff on here but setting a profit target is not one of them. At least not on a trade, daily, weekly or monthly basis. You'll just end up closing profitable trades too early and running unprofitable trades too long, chasing losses (or more profit) to hit your target.
Old 27-01-2014, 08:45 AM

Actually that's a very good point, I did enjoy setting myself 7.5% a week but as you say having that may well have made me chase losses somewhat...

Decent day today, last of the Big Bash group matches, built up GBP 19 greens on either side. Then there was a major drift on the Melbourne Stars (won 7 out of 7, by far the best team in the comp and the home side, though they had already qualified already), from the 1.74 (which I worried would come in rather than drift) all the way out to the mid 1.9s very quickly. I almost got caught out when I decided mid 1.8s was too big to stay that way (wrongly) but managed to get back to GBP 19 green (after commission) about 10 mins before the off, would have been more if I had waited it out but was happy just to take the GBP 19

Also Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh test started today, hopefully I can dabble on that each day and get nice return by the end of it (depending how long it lasts!), a fairly easy GBP 9 so far, laid the draw for GBP 222 at 3.5, backed it back at 3.6, then backed at 3.55 for GBP 250 or so and laid off at 3.5

The BBL final position

The current position on the SL vs Bandladesh match

Old 27-01-2014, 09:26 AM

Going to track certain events to see how profitable they are so I can be better prepared year on year.

Nothing much doing for Feb, if I can make GBP 300 I'll be happy enough with that, it would put me over the GBP 3k profit mark. Am going to be careful not to miss any ODI, 20/20 or test cricket. They're the bread and butter, always on and I seem to do well on them.

I expect the main ones to be (in a vague order from best to worst)

Big Bash
IPL
20/20 WC
Aus Open Tennis
Cricket ODIs
Cricket Tests
NRL games
AFL games
Other 3 Tennis majors (depending on time of day, is a big problem being in Aus for US Open in particular)
Masters tennis
ATP / WTA semi finals / finals
World Cup

I would love to find a way of making money on football, I think the over 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 goal markets offer some possibilities but kick offs tend to be late so I have to commit to late nights which is an issue. Will be in the UK for the World Cup group stages (yipee!) which I think will have much better trading markets owing to people not being as confident on relative strengths of countries (unlike Prem League where everyone is very confident on relative strenghts)

Big Bash I'm hoping to hit $1000 by the end but still very happy with p&l so far.

Aussie Open I made GBP 294 which is great, markets were reasonably predictable and better than I expected

I actually made GBP 154 on the outright Men's winner, I found the GBP 20 as I missed the Serena vs Azarenka WTA final on 4th Jan

Will post up final Jan figures later in the week
Old 27-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Flat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great work, Si
Le Nuage, Freshwater Rose, Burante, Youknow Wotsisname, Inner Clinch, Sir Dylan, Masterstroke, Zinetta, Decompression, Maestro Tom, Money Ad, Claiborne King, Dropyourbundall, Douro, Gotta Run, As Yawood, Metazoa, Timeless Melody, Indisputable
Makarios
Centro Superior
Spacex
Old 27-01-2014, 12:19 PM

Cheers Sam, it's fun making Noodle size bets, even if they are all laid off and traded out of well in advance of the event actually starting
Old 27-01-2014, 10:13 PM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fin, see my post on the Betting thread re Rosberg in F1. Could be perfect for some trading if car is that good. I'm on at Boylesports at mo but getting on betfair in morning
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 27-01-2014, 10:21 PM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mercedes in constructors must be a good shout too if car is that good as worried about Lewis taking points from Nico
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 28-01-2014, 01:45 AM

Cheers BB, unfortunately I have to bet with Betfair and there is no liquidity in either market

Appreciate the heads up though, will watch with interest, unlikely to be liquidity till the week the season starts
Old 28-01-2014, 08:17 AM

Just the one trade today, a good one though. Made GBP 10 last night, 11am start to the match and by 9.50am I had GBP 26 on NZ and GBP 20 on India. Was very happy to resist further trades as the closer you get to the toss (half an hour before start in ODI cricket) the more volatile the market, tend to only leave it that late when trying to trade out (not the right way but seems to be how I work...)

Traded in front of a about GBP 10k sitting at 1.79 both last night and this morning, tweaked in running to guarantee GBP 25 profit.

NZ are on the verge of winning, not that that really matters...

These were the bets

Last night's trading

half an hour or so before the toss

in running tweak (GBP 5.30 lay of NZ at 1.25) to guarantee GBP 25
Old 28-01-2014, 08:22 AM

Need Chelsea to stuff West Ham tonight, can then hopefully lay off my bet on their relegation (GBP 182 at an average of 3.05) at 2.4ish or possibly shorter, will probably put zero on them surviving and the rest on them going down, will see how it goes. They're currently 2.64 to lay

First 20/20 between Aus / Eng tomorrow night, hopefully some good trading options there, nothing yet but I'll have all day to hopefully make GBP 10 to 20ish
Old 28-01-2014, 09:15 AM

Bigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Need Chelsea to stuff West Ham tonight, can then hopefully lay off my bet on their relegation (GBP 182 at an average of 3.05) at 2.4ish or possibly shorter, will probably put zero on them surviving and the rest on them going down, will see how it goes. They're currently 2.64 to lay

First 20/20 between Aus / Eng tomorrow night, hopefully some good trading options there, nothing yet but I'll have all day to hopefully make GBP 10 to 20ish
Fin, it would interesting to hear your thought process around the eng/aus t20 match and how you would go about trading this market...?

Im also hoping palace beat hull tonight which will give me a nice lay on hull @ approx 4.8 i assume.
Old 28-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Yep happy to, guarantee I'll lose money though if I do though

Looking at it now there is more money in the market than when I looked a couple of hours ago. With a 6.30pm start tomorrow night (Brisbane time) it means that I'll have most of the day to trade it, I suspect the liquidity will be about right, some of the ODIs had too much in the 6hrs or so before the start, no gaps at all which is really what I want.

This is how the market looks now

I haven't actually checked the teams yet (if available) but am not too swayed by that as I go more on the weight of money, if anything having my own opinion gets me into more trouble than anything else often (though Warner is clearly a key player in 20/20 for Aus). I'll probably try to find out the teams first, right now I wouldn't be confident backing or laying at 1.79, though I suspect I would be backing at 1.79 (or better laying at 2.26 but there is a bit of money there) rather than laying 1.79. I do think the market might see 1.79 as a big price if Warner is playing.

Up for another 2 1/2hrs or so, so I'll try to keep an eye on the market and post up if I get involved.
Old 28-01-2014, 09:27 AM

Also worth noting that Aus have drifted a lot, no guarantee they'll come back in but I don't see there being too much further to drift, very tempted to back Aus now. With a decent bank I also like to see if the layers of Aus dry up, if 1.78 were then to get down to, say, GBP 1500 left then might well take that if there were only small amounts at 1.77, 1.76 and the equivalents on the other side

Still possible the price can carry on drifting, maybe rumours of Warner not playing (if no team news which I'll investigate)

Here's the drift