Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 11-02-2014, 10:36 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Good stuff Finbar - saw something like 3.25m was traded in last few minutes of Man U Fulham game before Fulham scored, some must have got stung there
Old 11-02-2014, 11:02 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah must have been some huge losers, amazes me some of the short prices people take, yet I never seem to be the one gloating about laying them
Old 11-02-2014, 12:16 PM

rainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is hererainbow_child Sam the man is here
Myself and a couple of friends have been doing really well from this, "I don't know the Guy running this or have shares in it"

Just thought I'd mention it on this thread, as it's a real eye opener and to those who use Betfair for trading allot, well worth a look.

Best of luck!

Learn how to trade on Betfair and pocket 50-200 a day -

FREE 7 DAY TRADING TRAINING COURSE here...... To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by rainbow_child; 11-02-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm looking at this, suspect it will generate a ton of Spam, first day was basic as expected, might help me understand pure trading more. I'd like it if I could have a BF trading account and then a betting account, otherwise it's an alias or Betdaq. Anyone else use Betdaq. How is it for markets that BF tend to be poor at or illiquid at.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 11-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oooops. Tried in a greyhound race and laid at 1.95, next price for the thing was 1.68 and it wins at 4/6, not sure this is for me ...
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

Old 11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
very little liquidity in a lot of greyhound races
Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

Yeah. Think I did the opposite of what I was trying to do. Might paper trade in later on the week.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers, when you say really well how much have you been winning?

Will take a look tonight but while I'm going well I can't see me changing my current methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_child View Post
Myself and a couple of friends have been
doing really well from this, "I don't know the Guy running this or have shares in it"

Just thought I'd mention it on this thread, as it's a real eye opener and to those who use Betfair for trading allot, well worth a look.

Best of luck!

Learn how to trade on Betfair and pocket 50-200 a day -

FREE 7 DAY TRADING TRAINING COURSE here...... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 PM

Had GBP 100 of it matched at 2.56 while the games were in play, nice bonus that, pretty sure the price will go back to where it was so then I just need to decide if I top up or not, which I probably will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
As per the betting thread have got involved in the relegation market again.

My West Ham trade was ok and gave me a free GBP 37 green on them going down, I could have taken GBP 14 and kind of wish I did.

Sunderland have improved hugely under Poyet but they lost to Hull at the weekend and have the following fixtures

Man City away
Arsenal away
No game
Liverpool away

Backed them at 2.86 for GBP 300, with the above run it would take something incredible for them to drift out in the next few weeks, Arsenal is probably the most worrying fixture at the moment but I still think they'll have far too much for Sunderland. Anyway this is my current position, if I see 2.4ish it'll be tricky to resist but I'll just wait and see

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 AM

Some awful (in terms of getting greedy) trading in the cricket (SA vs Aus) which I got away with.

Started the day with GBP 90 greens all round, was determined to only trade if the numbers looked great. They did late this morning, I laid Aus at 3.1, numbers then changed and was able to eventually back them back at 3.1, didn't mind that.

Then backed SA when there was a huge blocker at 2.1, was probably too greedy and looked to lay them back at 2.06 when 2.08 would have been easy. With the toss at 6pm (Brisbane time) I traded some out at 2.12 and was looking at a reduced green of GBP 60 per result. Then the liquidity dried up in the 10mins before the toss. I still had GBP 1300 exposure, luckily SA won the toss, annoyingly they chose to bowl so their odds didn't move much, I should have traded out at 2.04 but only had GBP 600 matched at 2.06 before it started, I could have laid it all off at 2.06 but left some outstanding hoping for a slow start from Aus. A couple of early 4s and SA drifted to 2.4 and I was considering trading out for zero on all greens. Luckily Warner played on with Aus on 16, price went into 1.96 and I traded out for GBP 130 greens all round. Very lucky...

Will hopefully do some trading on this game tomorrow but have to be more careful

This was when I should have traded out at 2.08 but to be honest with those kind of numbers I never would. The SA price drifted shortly after this.

This is (somehow) my current position, no more in play!!

Old 13-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Good day today, boosted my position in the SA vs Aus game, now looking at GBP 165 for one of them winning and GBP 185 for a draw

At 297/4 overnight was pretty sure that there would be plenty of interest in the draw, was able to back at 2.4 and 2.42 several times and lay off at 2.38

Almost got a bit stuck in the India game, there was a huge back of India yesterday (at the expense of the draw) which looked odd so laid India just after that at 2.92 for GBP 360 (so pretty modest stakes), they then came into 2.6ish so was looking at a GBP 30 loss. They're now back out to 2.9 so am looking at backing them at 2.96ish for a very small profit, better than a loss and might be able to trade inbetween days. Very odd how the liquidity in that game has been so tiny compared to the Aus game, not even a third of it.

After their game against City was called off I traded out of the Sunderland relegation trade. No games this weekend, they have Arsenal next who I just don't trust. Free green of GBP 28 on Sunderland if they go down, zero if they stay up. Happy enough with that.

Current SA vs Aus position

The India price, I backed just after the GBP 4k back which caused the first price drop

Sunderland / West Ham positions, both pretty modest

Old 13-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

If I'm scalping, I'm only actually winning if my horse wins as all the others green at 0, unless I scalp more than one (putting same stake back and lay)?

Anyway laid at 1.54, backed at 1.64 (fell at 1st) profit 0
Laid 1.74, backed at 1.80 winner for 1.13
Backed at 4.1 laid at 3.35 winner for 7.23

Best part of 8.50 over 3 races. Am I doing this right or not?

Old 13-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

Think what I was doing above was scratch trading, which seems more appropriate for short priced horses, next one laid at 4.9, backed at 5.7, don't know how you select your optimal stake, but bloodsweatandtears (lost) paid 2.72, the others 1.00 all green. Seems easy enough but a bit mind numbing.

Old 13-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Are you doing it in running or before the race?
Are you selecting your horses on weight of money or something else?

To be honest I would be amazed if you could make long term money doing either on the horses, pre race odds are too unpredictable, in running you're up against people with at least a second or two advantage

Those kinds of stakes I can see you would lose interest pretty quickly
Old 13-02-2014, 08:26 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you want to trade sports professionally isn't the best way to find some sort of edge, rather than just hoping you can read the market better than the thousands of other punters.

As an example I have been having a beer at Lords before when the noise of the crowd has told me a wicket has fallen. On the Sky TV in the bar the wicket hasn't been shown live for at least 10 seconds. Why not attend live sports events, have a bet on what you can see happening with your own eyes, and take money off the mug punters watching on TV. Or am I missing something obvious?
Old 13-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Only that betting in running on the cricket you're not up against people betting on Sky pictures, the big players will have their own people at the the ground as they do with the tennis
Old 13-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

Quote:
Are you doing it in running or before the race?
Are you selecting your horses on weight of money or something else?

To be honest I would be amazed if you could make long term money doing either on the horses, pre race odds are too unpredictable, in running you're up against people with at least a second or two advantage

Those kinds of stakes I can see you would lose interest pretty quickly
Before the race. Weight of money and reading the market, though obviously I only know it on a very basic level. I've not backed a loser doing it, if you are making 1 a race, can see how you can make 30 a day, bit like doing an office job though.

Old 13-02-2014, 08:40 PM

Bigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBigtoe82 was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Nice work on the cricket. I am doing a lot of reading before giving this a proper go and re-reading this thread. The blog that andy put up "green all over" is a very good read with interesting insight.
Old 13-02-2014, 08:43 PM

ANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDY FROM BR1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
You're all mental - horse racing is where it's at.

If you're doing football, play the first goal markets and use statistics to help with the rest.
For some reason when I looked at this thread it popped up on this post from 29/10/2009. I would say that was pretty much the time that the bottom fell out of the Betfair pre-race horse market.

Don't waste your time Saul1664
Old 13-02-2014, 08:44 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Only that betting in running on the cricket you're not up against people betting on Sky pictures, the big players will have their own people at the the ground as they do with the tennis
But aren't you betting in play yourself, against others who are at the event? You are surely at a massive disadvantage?