Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 26-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Decent total set by Bangladesh, they bowled well against Sri Lanka so moving my greens around, now I can't lose more than I won on the first Asian Cup game (I won GBP 22.61 last night)

Tempted to put in a lay of Bangladesh before I go to bed but with those amounts might as well just leave it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-02-2014, 07:54 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bugger, India won quite comfortably

Pakistan vs Afghanistan tonight, very happy to take a freeroll on the Afghans, they're bowling first and Pakistan are unreliable at the best of times.

Afghanistan bowling so hopefully they can get a few early wickets to give me a trading opportunity

Could have just taken GBP 18 so that's the minimum I want to secure in running, might come to nothing but happy to chance it with this one

Some huge bets placed on this market (GBP 80k+), made most of the profit trading at or between 11.0 and 12.0 on the Afghans (much more chance of being matched on the Afghan side)

Old 27-02-2014, 09:00 PM

Just a tenner in the end after taking Pakistan at 1.13 after they lost their 2nd wicket, they almost immediately lost a 3rd, that keeps happening to me!! Pakistan were 125/6 at one point but I missed the 1.6 and that quickly became 1.25 so I just left a back request at 1.68 in there which never got matched.

Someone put in a back request at 1.85 for GBP 21k on India so I'm trying to get a lay at 2.18 matched. For someone betting on it backing at 2.18 is slightly more attractive than laying at 1.85 so hopefully can get my 1.4k matched. Someone come in at 1.84 though which is a bit annoying

Still got my money tied up in the Aussie game, very annoying, price just not moving!!
Old 27-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Last edited by Finbar; 28-02-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 28-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Decent day's trading, finally some action on the SA vs Aus market, and the Aus price has still barely moved!!

Saw this this morning, always thought that 2.4+ was big on SA and a nice blocker came in at 2.44 so I took the GBP 780 or so available at 2.42. I didn't put in any lays as I fancied the price to come in to sub 2.3 but might well be tempted to lay at 2.34ish if it looked like it might not

Before I backed at 2.42

And after

The price came in steadily throughout the morning and lunch to 2.32 to back and 2.36 to lay, then bang someone threw about 20k on SA at whatever was available, next thing there was GBP 6k available to lay at 2.22 (didn't take a screenshot of that). I took the 2.22 for the 780, then decided to lay another GBP 1492 at that price (at the time there was about GBP 3k left of the 2.22). There was nothing to stop the price coming right back if the 2.22 was all taken though also the chance it might have been the start of a big price drop, I was pretty confident it wasn't.

This left the Aus/SA liability the same, basically meant I had a back bet of SA at 4.3ish so was looking good.

Was a bit concerned that the draw might come in so traded out at 3.9 having initially planned to do so at 3.8

Bit of trading after than, probably lost about GBP 7 of my green, still very happy with it though

Old 28-02-2014, 11:24 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not quite my style of betting, but you're obviously doing well at the moment Fin

One thought I had - how, if at all, has your trading experience affected your 'normal' betting?
Old 28-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Yeah it's still going well, probably a big loss just round the corner though

Definitely betting a lot less on normal stuff, used to use my Betfair account for the vast majority of my betting, now not at all. Have other accounts and do use them for sports I like and horses / dogs when I really feel like losing

Mostly use AUD accounts now, and at the stakes I used to bet in in GBP which I guess is a good thing.

When I see profits of GBP 600 a month doing this (small sample size!!) and have greens on both sides for the vast majority of bets it's hard to bet 20, or AUD 20 when I might lose it, though as seen I've lost GBP 100+ trading some markets so not guaranteed

That's probably waffling, had a few beers

Will post up Feb p&l tomorrow
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 AM

Had a go on the next Asian Cup match as well yesterday, looked like a good market early on but then had too much liquidity (a result as it meant I focussed on the SA vs Aus match) then towards the end I got on a small India drift

In the end SL won for GBP 16.59

Old 01-03-2014, 04:28 AM

So Feb p&l, GBP 646.46 profit, a few pennies short of Jan but considering how comparatively few markets I got involved with it's a very good result

So these were all my trades, all cricket bar one foray into the dogs (not a worthwhile foray). One loss, which could have been a lot worse, could also have been a win had I risked a GBP 50 loss and gone with the fav, did the right thing though I think, good to have some red where I deserve it.

Here is the summary since I began, need 15% profit on bank each the next 3 months to make my GBP 5000 target by the end of May

Old 01-03-2014, 04:40 AM

So to today, one big error already, possibly two

The questionable was getting involved in this market in the first place. I think the Afghans are not such a bad side, and while Bangladesh are also at home and clearly the better side I did think 1.2x was a bit short for them

Looking at the numbers I decided that backing at 1.27 could be decent, chance to lay off at 1.26. As usual went for approx half my bank. My definite error was then playing the other side (laying at 4.7, like backing at a shade better than 1.27) for GBP 200ish... it was all taken in one go and left me with a GBP 2500 liability, well over half my bank

The price then drifted badly, currently GBP 10k at 1.3 which I need to see gone, I backed at 1.32 for GBP 1k and layed it at 1.31, hopefully try and do that a couple more times.

Will definitely NOT let this one go in play, even if it means a 3 figure loss.

The screenshots

Trying to back at 1.27, was never really convinced by the blocker at 1.28...

Oh dear, too much liability but blocker still there...

Blocker gone...

How it was 5hrs ago and hasn't really changed since

Still hopeful I can turn it round, need there to be some money for Bangladesh
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM

Got away with it, phew!

Traded out 1min before the toss which went the way I wouldn't have wanted

Would have been happy with zero so to have a profit guaranteed is great.

Quite a bit of topping up at 1.31 and laying off at 1.29-1.3

Price came in to 1.27 to lay but was too greedy as it looked like coming right in, still happy though.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:58 AM

Nice, Afghans won so GBP 38 profit on that one, now thinking I should have put more green on them, oh well still a good results

Trying to lay India now at 1.91 (blocker of 17k at 1.9) but not going to do anything too risky

Also got my eye on the SA vs Aus game, might look to lay Aus at 2.02 or back the draw at 2.3x as at some point I think the draw will be backed in, will only do so if the numbers look good though
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Good day today, reasonably quiet but none of yesterday's dramas

SA vs Aus, as above I suspected there would be some support for the draw and indeed there was. The price drifted out to 2.36 (from 2.28ish this morning) I decided that with that and the fact the Aus win was a shade of odds on there was unlikely to be much downside by backing at 2.36 (and putting in a request at 2.38 which was never matched).

Backed at 2.36 for GBP 666, laid that off at 2.32 very quickly, then backed the draw for GBP 888 at 2.34 and GBP 500 at 2.32. Laid off GBP 700 at 2.32 and GBP 700 at 2.3 (the first one I worried I had gone in a bit too heavy so took what was available in front of me)

Then for India vs Pakistan there was a nice blocker of GBP 17k at 1.9 so I put in a lay of GBP 1500 at 1.91. Was eventually matched at 3.30pm (toss at 5.30pm Brisbane time). Someone then helpfully put in a lay of GBP 10k at 1.91 so I thought the price might drift to 1.94ish, it never did so eventually I laid Pakistan at 2.08 for GBP 850ish and backed India at 1.92 for GBP 600ish about 10mins before the toss, left me with a free GBP 10 green on both sides. Seems quite small compared to recent wins but any stress free GBP 10 win is a good. I would happily have accepted no trading had my initial lay at 1.91 not been matched.

The market when I put in my initial GBP 1500 lay at 1.91

after trading out at 1.92 (price went out to 1.99 after the toss)

Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Decent day today, about GBP 30 profit. Was pretty obvious from when I woke up that Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka wasn't going to be very good from a trading point of view, the prices seemed very locked up and not moving, put in a lay at 1.11 the previous night but price never came in below 1.13

Made about GBP 10 early on by laying the draw at 20.0 for GBP 100 and backing it back at 23.0, I then ended up giving about GBP 6 of it back when I backed at 24.0 for 150ish but was forced to lay off at 23.0 when the price looked like it might come in.

Then when I was walking home I decided to back Aus at 2.38 for GBP 777 and lay the draw at 1.85 for GBP 500 (only 250 matched). The Aus price then jumped in to 2.28 and the draw went out to 1.9ish. Made some good money and fancied SA to drift so ended up with a big liability on them waiting for price to hit 22.0 (but knowing i had made quite a bit). Expected the match to start at 6.30pm Brisbane time, then at 6pm the match went in play! Turned on the tv to see they had started early, am guessing a consequence of SA v slow over rate. Not only had they started by Aus had declared at the start of play!

The SA price then came in to 14.0 before drifting to 16.0-18.0 for each of the first 3 wickets, each time I laid off a bit more. Bit careless of me not to have had the tv on Fox Sports from when I got home. Was never ever in danger of going under GBP 100ish green but could have been a real blow. Anyway pretty much averaged 17.0 on SA to increase my green from GBP 131 this morning to GBP 161 tonight, could have been a lot better though had I been aware of the 6pm start and Aus declaration, will certainly learn from that.

20mins into play and I'm trying to get matched at 17.0+ on SA

About 90mins into the morning session, all done averaging around 17.0 on SA, something nearer 22.0 would have meant GBP 190 profit, oh well could have been worse, right now SA are 12.5 to back which would have meant a loss on the day

Not long after I traded out at 17.5 after the 3rd wicket (SA price quickly then came in again)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM

Extremely good day, made about GBP 80 on the day

Basically started out with the premise that at 100 runs a session (though with Warner that's likely to be 120-130) would mean Aus will probably bat for 2 sessions, that would mean that SA would need to bat out 4 session for a draw. In test cricket 'the market' seems very keen to back the draw at some point in between days when there is a good case to make that that is a possible outcome, I was fairly sure it would be the case today and 1.53 seemed too short for the Aus win and 3.4 to 3.5 very backable for the draw

A few screenshots from thoughout the day, basically made most of my green by laying Aus at 1.52 for GBP 1500 (had GBP 1500 at 1.5 which was never matched but would have been close) which I backed out of at 1.55, then backed the draw at lots of prices, eventually laying off at 3.4 and 3.35, if I had waited a bit longer I could have made more but as below I built up quite a liability, a drift on the draw would have left me with some interesting decisions, was always confident that wouldn't happen though.

In the end I left very good profits on SA and the draw and GBP 200 (pre commission) on Aus. I could have taken GBP 240ish on all 3 having started the day on GBP 160ish.

The screenshots

Early on this morning, topped up on the draw at 3.55, layed Aus at 1.52 and tried to lay Aus at 1.5 but was unmatched

First thing this morning after my initial trades

This afternoon, matched at 1.55 on Aus so just need the draw to come in now

Most of my draw lays at 3.4 and 3.35 matched, just waiting on the last GBP 400

Finally all matched and I decide to move my green around a bit

What I could have taken

Aus started and scoring quickly which is a bit annoying, I need Warner out ideally. Interestingly 20mins in and none of the prices have moved since the start 16.0 / 1.58 / 3.3 (SA / Aus / Draw)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:25 AM

Well yesterday didn't exactly go brilliantly considering what I hoped would happen, Aus scored very quick runs then declared late, then took 4 wickets.

So from what could have been a flat GBP 240 green dropped to about GBP 220.

Looking at the numbers this morning it didn't look overly inspiring, however there were quite a few opportunities throughout the day, all of which I took to make about GBP 80 on the day again.

Now guaranteed of GBP 285 for a likely Aus win, GBP 310 for the draw and a shed load for a highly unlikely SA win.

My best trading market by some way, can barely believe it to be honest.

The screenshots from today

How it started, evened out the draw / Aus win

Having laid at 1.24 was able to lay the draw at 5.0 (pretty much all that money on it is mine, though when the money at 1.25 disappeared I took most of it away)

Having backed at 1.27 for GBP 2500, laid that off at 1.25, then had quite a bit of the draw matched at 5.0 which I then laid off by backing Aus at 1.26

And here my current position, probably my final

Here my total backs and lays

Last edited by Finbar; 05-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Final profit of GBP 300.26,

my smugness was very short lived though, Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka in the Asian Cup, Bangaldesh at home and Sri Lanka qualified was probably a match to be wary of, I wasn't.

Was going ok, after backing SL at 1.47 could have taken GBP 15 profit laying at 1.46 but it looked like the SL price would come right in so I let it ride. Then a big lay came in at 1.47, I should probably have been more conservative but topped up on SL, mistake. They drifted to 1.51ish then out again to 1.54ish. Just before the toss I lost my bottle and traded out at 1.54, should have left it as the price came in (though it could have gone out and made for total disaster). I tried to trade my way out of it but failed, price then came in to 1.48 just before the off (infuriatingly).

Bad day but am still learning and this serves as a reminder that I won't win them all. Did read this one all wrong though

Worst case scenario I'll lose GBP 150, tempted to have it -270 / -45 in favour of SL but don't want to give back everything I've won this week.

Screenshots

This after the annoying GBP 12k at 1.47 came in just after I could have layed at 1.46

drift starts

end of the drift, I've now swapped green to the other side in the hope it comes in, I bailed out before it eventually did

this is how it currently looks...

Old 09-03-2014, 03:33 AM

Well SL won which wasn't the result I was after, weekend has gone ok to claw back some of that loss

NRL started this weekend, no where near the liquidity I had hoped for, dabbled in the Brisbane game but backed out very early for a small profit.

So just GBP 4.39 to start

Yesterday had a good win on the Asia Cup cricket final

Had a dabble on the Man Utd game, convinced their price would come in from 1.91, it did but then came out again. I had a GBP 13 green but in the end had to settle on a GBP 5 green on Man Utd, they won so I guess that's a pint (non London pub) to add to the coffers for June

More of an indication of time and money spent on that market...

Was browsing the NRL prices today, fancied the Tigers to beat the Dragons (who are missing their best player), then suddenly the Dragons price jumped in and there was GBP 825 wanting to back the Dragons at 1.80 (while they had been 1.9 previously). Possible that the Tigers had an injury, frankly they have no stand out stars so even if that were the case I would think it an over reaction. So I took the GBP 825 at the 1.8 and then the price came back to 1.87 and now 30mins prior to kick off) it's up to 1.91

Here you can see where I got involved

I'm going to watch the game so for a bit of interest have put more green on the Tigers as I fancy the Dragons to have a shocking year

20/20 match tonight SA vs Aus, hopefully some scope to trade that but no liking it yet. Aus price has come right in, I fancy it'll drift at some point but numbers if anything indicating it might go in more, not trading for now, plenty of time for the numbers to change and if they don't then I'll just leave it
Old 09-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Well asides from the Tigers blowing a 12pt lead it was a good end to the week

Another GBP 42 or so from the 20/20 tonight, means I've recovered over GBP 100 of the GBP 150 loss from Thursday, much quicker than I expected

Mainly gained from these numbers which looked pretty solid

I had already laid at 1.76 and 1.77 for GBP 1111 each (and a bit at 1.75). Mostly backed back at 1.78 and 1.79 (or the equivalents on the other side

Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Bollocks, start delayed by rain, odds on it won't get finished, really should have checked the forecast