Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 13-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well August has been pretty quiet, and not altogether successful, though not too bad either.

Decided to trade the golf, probably an error as all my funds were tied up when I could have traded 2 test matches, at least Rory won so I won GBP 28 but I really should have just focussed on a couple of golfers whose price might have come in, a lot cheaper that way.

Anyway, here is the month so far

Here are some screenshots from the month so far

The golf, also had quite a few greens but none of the others got close

Got involved with this market when there really wasn't the GBP trading to have got involved safely, in the end got out just before the match started giving myself a small chance of getting out of it, Ivanovic won comfortably

Really thought the Warriors were going to be backed in more after some injury news for the Sharks, still they won (just) so made a small profit

Cilic vs Federer, got a nice green on Cilic but carried on, match started like this:

managed to trade in play to this, so could have been worse, could have traded out for a GBP 16 loss but let it ride

Old 13-08-2014, 10:17 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyway this week has thrown up 2 test matches, one of which has gone very well, Sri Lanka vs Pakistan

Forecast for Colombo is bad, really bad, so was pretty confident the draw wasn't going to be a drifter. Traded it 3 days before the match, backed the draw at 1.86 for about GBP 700, and laid off at 1.82

Then backed the draw at 1.86 for GBP 2500, laid off all that at 1.8 and 1.82, then had to back some back at 1.75 after laying off too much, anyway gave this position 2 days before the start of the test

Then today there was a big plunge into 1.5x, someone came in with a GBP 110,000 lay at 1.56 so I laid at 1.57 for GBP 2500, the price then came in to 1.53 (whoever put that lay in removed it), so I topped up at 1.53 with GBP 1500, GBP 830 of which was matched

Here you can see the blocker which then disappeared.

The price drifted out to 1.65, topped up quite a bit there but held out for a bigger drift, the price then came in annoyingly so rather than GBP 200ish green on all 3 am left with this position, which equates to approx. GBP 165 green all round, still very good

Average trades:

Am also now involved in the England match starting in 48hrs, there seems to be enough evidence to think the draw price might come in to 2.26, so had GBP 1300 at 2.3

This screenshot just after I placed the bet (1hr 15mins ago), still waiting for it to come in but the GBP 6k is still wanting to lay England at 2.42 and GBP 1500 wanting to lay India at 6.4 so fairly confident it won't drift any time soon

Might well trade the tennis tomorrow...but should probably try to resist
Old 27-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Not updated this for a couple of weeks

Well the England vs India match went badly, could have been a lot worse but still not good, ended up losing GBP 53, though as the match started I was about GBP 150 down so that wasn't good...

On the plus side I made GBP 129 on the SL match, I did lay the draw quite heavily on the final day and could have settled for GBP 169, however I had a feeling it was going to rain but it never did.

Other than that I had a great NRL trade and made GBP 50, and 3 one day int cricket trades each for approx. GBP 30 (one still in play)

Have also dabbled on the next Palace manager (missed out on laying MM annoyingly), mainly based on laying Warnock as convinced SP won't go for him.

Some screenshots, will put up my monthly P&L at the end of the month but will be around 10% unless something bad / v good happens, happy enough with that as August is pretty quiet

Some kind of chronological order

Eng vs India last test
Started with a big red on the draw (could have levelled it out for GBP 150 loss as shown), luckily plenty of early wickets gave me the chance to salvage the position somewhat

Final position, India collapse meant the lost was GBP 53

More or less my final SL position in their final Pakistan test, again had a nice green if there had been a miracle but still a good win

Zimbabwe vs SA ODI

SL vs Pakistan ODI

Aus vs SA ODI (going on now)

Next Palace manager

and one of my pet hates, a nice green but as the match was voided it was a no bet I missed the chance to hedge with a match not completed bet as that was 1.1 by the time I realised it was raining in the UK, really should have been wary of that...

Old 30-08-2014, 11:28 PM

Always nice to have a good win, even nicer that it was on a Palace game, final profit (after commish) was GBP 276.97 and here are the screenshots.

Laid Palace at 5.3 for GBP 444, backed them back at 6.0 to get this position, almost left it like this...

Then in a moment of Palace love moved some (but regrettably not all) of the profit

When Palace scored I ummed and ahhed as to whether to lay them, finally decided to do so at 2.3 about 2 seconds before Newcastle equalised 1-1

So then backed Palace back straight away

Then we took the lead again! So laid us at 2.02

Then thought we were far too short at 1.66, so laid us again, happy in the knowledge that if we won I'd happily win less

10mins later Newcastle make it 2-2 so I laid the draw

Then had a tenner on Palace at 9.4

Newcastle score to make it 3-2 so I laid them at 1.1 for GBP 173, with hindsight I should have gone for more but hey ho...

Then my final trade was a cheeky GBP 2 at 1000.0 on Palace with about 6mins to go, if only we had scored a 4th on that final attack...

Old 31-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
You are braver than me - I don't like losing money so my initial bets are smaller than yours. However, my betting pattern was much the same as yours and I would have won about 1,300 had Palace scored with that last attack. This however is my results sheet for the last couple of weeks:

...and going back a bit further:

Old 31-08-2014, 09:45 AM

Not bad at all

I would recommend you try iBetMate, much better than the Betfair app in pretty much every way

You say my bets are much bigger than yours, not so sure, most of the stuff I do is pre event (in fact pretty much all, the Palace game I was just moving my green around in play, all risk of losing money was pre event). The fact is my actual exposure is not that great, depends on the market but worst case scenario is usually under GBP 100 (unless Betfair goes down at the wrong time and stays down...)

It is great when it happens like last night, if only that last Palace attack had resulted in a goal
Old 31-08-2014, 10:08 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I have seen some if your potential exposures - I am more conservative. I take profits too early and would never risk a large red, no matter how unlikely the outcome.

Also, I tend not to bet on Palace. Most times I win, because Palace do not. I normally lay Palace when they have taken a lead - a tactic which has been far too successful for my liking. Also, I never bet enough so that I might actually not want Palace to win. My betting is more of a hedge against disappointment, than a way to make money.

As I may have mentioned before, in our promotion year I was hundreds of pounds ahead when we met Watford in the playoff final. When we took the lead, I bet my entire winnings on a Watford equaliser and was immensely delighted to lose. Had I won, at least I would have had enough to fund my season tickets for the next few years.

By the way, why are you using a VPN? Are you in the USA?
Old 31-08-2014, 10:25 AM

I'm pretty sure this is a popular misconception, I don't have big exposures (or I shouldn't have, it has happened but ideally it should not), all my trading is pre event, last night's result was only so good as I was moving green around in play, once the match started I never risked losing a penny. That's been my strategy since the beginning, take the loss on the chin once the match (usually cricket, very rarely Palace) starts or work out where to put the green once the ganme starts

I live in Australia, Brisbane (a great Palace community here, love our club!), backward betting laws make betting in running against the law, hence the VPN (not to mention iplayer, SkyGo, 4OD etc) actually have 2 just to be sure there is always one working, plus one works really well on the PC and one works really well on the phone
Old 31-08-2014, 10:35 AM

I do much the same - but this is the sort of exposure that would worry me ... unless I have misunderstood what you were doing here:

Old 31-08-2014, 10:41 AM

Yep that would be way out of my depth if I left an exposure like that once the match started, but I would never risk that

That was a particularly bad match, this was my position when the match started, and at GBP 400 that is one of my biggest ever exposures when the match started, (as per the potential reds I could have taken a GBP 150 loss at the start) I ended up scraping some back to only lose GBP 50, the screenshot you put up was just a position I took, not a potential loss

Old 01-09-2014, 09:13 AM

August p&l, GBP 465 profit, actually not too bad in the end thanks to Palace

All my trades this month, my two tennis ones I left positions overnight to wake up to see the numbers had gone the wrong way, probably shouldn't have done that...

P&L summary, now over GBP 5400 up since the start which is very pleasing, plus I've now recouped my June losses, would like to get bank up near GBP 4500 by the end of the year, in time for the Big Bash

Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
I would recommend you try iBetMate, much better than the Betfair app in pretty much every way

)
Seen the news it's no longer going to work from 1st November?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:25 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That is terrible news on several fronts. Mainly that it doesn't show crossmatching so you can sometimes get matched far faster by laying at 6.0 than backing at 1.2 (for example)

Plus the whole interface is so user friendly

I'm absolutely gutted
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM

It's true

Only hope is that some major traders come in and tell them to do what they have to, given they have 34 followers I'm thinking there might not be much hope

Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not trading in the Finbar mould, but pretty happy with my 1.04 Real Madrid lay last night, 125 profit for 5 liability!
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 PM

There must have been some mental numbers in that game, nice one.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:50 PM

I made an easy 14 on India's win today in the ODI. I have no idea what some people were thinking of when India were practically even money last night.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 PM

Some prices when a team is chasing a huge total on a 5th day in a test, the kind that have only been done once or twice ever and you can still get 1.3 or something on it not being done always baffle me. Mind you am never brave enough to go mad, just in case...

Evens was a mad price with hindsight

I thought the 4th Eng ODI was today, arse. Made 30 on the Aus vs SA match though pre match so can't complain
Old 15-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Some good advice here for anyone interested in Betfair trading

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just joined following the 'hook' of 4-1 (paid out via free bets bonus) on a 'No' vote. But having done so I noticed in the t&cs that bets 'after the event has started' will not qualify for the bonus. On the exchange, the referendum is showing as 'in play'.

Have I been done? Have I just put a tenner on at 1-6 with no bonus?

Here's the hook page:
To view the link you have to Register or Login