Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nope, still working
Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
GBP 252.70 profit this month, not great but took a big hit with the Liverpool game, 7.39% profit on bank, better than a loss I guess

Been trading the Aus vs Pakistan test this week but still going so will put the p/l in Nov. Also had a couple of good trades on the Prem League yesterday

iBetmate still working, if it stops then will have to see how practical carrying this on is

Old 15-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yay - my first excursion into in-play trading. Backed England at 1.68 at half time and cashed out after the third effectively laying at 1.01 giving me 1.67 for all outcomes.

I was going to lay the draw originally but decided England was better value. Not sure I actually had a strategy once I'd decided to back - I guess it just amounted to a punt. Good to dip my toe in and watch how it plays out for real. Also nice to sit watching the game with green on my bets.
Old 15-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Nice one

Be careful using the cashout button on Betfair, fine if there is a lot of money trying to back at 1.01 and you're laying at 1.01 but if there isn't much liquidity then you're often a lot better doing it yourself, though of course that does risk something happening and you not getting matched, just worth looking at what Betfair will do on your behalf first

No more iBetMate, gutted, having to use 2 apps and not sure I can be bothered with it

Had a 400 loss (before iBetMate was pulled so can't blame that!) but I'm still in profit for the month so could be worse
Old 18-11-2014, 10:29 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just took Stoke at 6.2 as top midlands team. As they are currently in that position (and to be honest, I'd fancy them to end up there in any case), that seemed generous to me.

The market has Stoke as outsiders, with odds on Villa and West Brom at 2.4 and 2.6 respectively. It's evidently not very liquid, so good opportunities to lay off might not come along, but I thought that 6.2 was better than probability and therefore a bargain.
Old 19-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Stoke are now 15.5 as top midlands team. Ridiculous. My plan was to cash out as they inevitably drift in.

Meanwhile Leicester are 2.42 for best midlands club and 1.57 for relegation. There must be some value in there somewhere, though I can't work it out.
Old 19-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Just took Stoke at 6.2 as top midlands team. As they are currently in that position (and to be honest, I'd fancy them to end up there in any case), that seemed generous to me.
You do realise (I don't think you do) that it's a mini league? Stoke haven't been top at any stage as they've so far lost both their head to heads 1-0 to Leicester and Aston Villa at home. Nil points.

Villa have 6 form 3
WBA have 6 from 2
Leicester 3 from 3
Old 19-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That's how betfair settle all their markets, also as in top London club, it's always the matches between them, not where they finish in the league, it's a tad misleading.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 27-12-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odds Against View Post
You do realise (I don't think you do) that it's a mini league? Stoke haven't been top at any stage as they've so far lost both their head to heads 1-0 to Leicester and Aston Villa at home. Nil points.

Villa have 6 form 3

WBA have 6 from 2

Leicester 3 from 3

Ah! Always worth a quick look at the rules. No harm done though - only a couple quid and it was getting in the way of me celebrating Stoke losing.
Old 28-12-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:

Villa have 6 form 3

WBA have 6 from 2

Leicester 3 from 3

Looking a little better today. One more good result and I'll be able to get out green.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Not given any updates for a while, final 2014 profit of GBP 2660.66, not bad but could have been a lot better had I not lost 30% of my bank roll on a 20/20 match, could have taken a GBP 200 loss pre match but tried to gamble it in play (I was actually at the game and had been drinking all day, not the best combo), a 4 on the last ball would have got me out of trouble but they ran 2 to lose by a run, hey ho.

New start and a clean slate 2015, need to gamble less and accept my position when a match starts (or not have more than GBP 200 liability), let's see if I have it in me

No screenshots from phone as flickr isn't autoupdating my phone pics, will look into why that might be but it hasn't been for a couple of months now

3 losing months in 2014 after none in 2013, that needs to change

Old 19-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Villa have 6 form 3
WBA have 6 from 2
Leicester 3 from 3
Despite my naivety, Stoke's win against Leicester dropped their odds back down and I was able to lay off my 6.2 bet at 4.5.

Palace and West Brom causing me a bit of a problem in the relegation market. I think West Brom will lose a couple though and if Palace keep going on this run I won't be too depressed!
Old 29-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
What's the best exchange - just went on betfair for some golf betting and foubd i could only lay the top three. Used to be full of choice all the way through the field
Old 30-01-2015, 02:52 AM

Unusual, was it for the Dubai? If so maybe you looked mid round, always less liquidity, plenty of money to lay on all players right now

Betfair still the most liquid exchange by a long long way
Old 28-02-2015, 12:47 PM

Ok been a couple of months with no updates, had very high hopes for the Big Bash which were dashed owing to 3 big losses (GBP 1069.49 on one match in Dec, GBP 689.38 in another match in Jan and GBP 494 in a 3rd match) so basically losing over GBP 2200 in 3 Big Bash games, that hurt!!

Need to learn lessons from that, have bounced back pretty well really, still looking at my p&l on a month to month basis, Jan was a losing month after those two losses but the Aussie Open tennis made it only GBP 117, that tennis gave me a reasonable amount of confidence, after that I decided not to do any trading until the World Cup cricket, which I was confident I could do well on (I was equally confident on the Big Bash it has to be said)

Important lesson to learn is to accept that there will be some losses and to not desperately try to trade out of them, not sure I'll be able to do that though.

Feb has given me a GBP 748 profit so happy with that, I have gambled a bit more than I used to in running but generally only moving green around, one match I could have lost GBP 390, in the end clawed some of that back but even if I had lost GBP 390 I would have had a +GBP500 month all the same.

Here are the Jan and Feb trades and the summary. My bank is now up to GBP 3428, I'll probably make a few withdrawals now to keep my balance from getting too high, GBP 3k is a nice level, I'll see how it goes.

Still having issues getting my phone screenshots to work on flickr, might try that again, anyway the p&l shots are from the laptop so they're fine.

Noticed that I didn't post up the December bets so here they are, including the massive loss

Here are the December bets

Here are the Jan bets

Here are Feb bets

Last edited by Finbar; 28-02-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 28-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Ok here is p&l summary, looking a lot better than it did but still pretty much where I was 6 months ago, I think I need to use previous year data more now, March will mainly be focussed on cricket World Cup which is not even half way through yet, will also consider NRL/AFL but only if the numbers are right though
March last year was mainly 20/20 WC so not really too different, April/May I have IPL to look forward to and June I'll cross when I come to it!

I've signed the petition to keep the WC to 14 teams Though for the sake of cricket i think they should anyway

Here is the p&l summary, glad I didn't throw in the towel (possibly came quite close...)

Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 AM

OK not updated for a while, going well (especially this month), had a very busy March and came out on top, probably getting involved in too many markets, especially the Aussie Rugby League and which really doesn't have the liquidity, going to be very fussy with which markets I trade for that, didn't do any this weekend (as have plenty to get on with)

Anyway now showing a nice profit for 2015 (April should make it even better), not sure how this is going to come out, might be v small, but here is the p&l - like I said a lot of markets

Old 12-04-2015, 08:41 AM

Here is the p&l summary since I began, passed GBP 6000 profit which is quite exciting. Took out a few hundred quid which I'll probably do every now and then (mainly to fund my other GBP betting accounts, especially this time of year with golf / snooker!!)

April has been great so far (zero losers and making a killing on the golf, will update on that at the end of the month).

IPL in full swing now, not trading every match but going well at the moment

Also it seems that Flickr is now uploading my screenshots again so might well start being more active on this thread again

Old 12-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very impressive Fin
Old 28-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Wow, been 2 1/2 months since I last posted on this thread, so it's time to update April, May and June trading. Long and short of it is that it's still going very well, now GBP 8,020 up since I started back in April 2013. May was a bit of a wake up call, trading sports which just didn't have the liquidity for the levels I was backing and laying at. I am now determined to not trade sports such as Aussie Rugby league again, never say never but even when the price was going in the right direction I was struggling to make the most of it.

So here are the last 3 months

April, generally very good, a lot of good IPL trades, 2 very bad NRL ones, one of which I didn't get away with, one of which I did, and a very good US Masters

It's quite hard to read so you might need to zoom if you want to ready it easily

[/url]

May was my worst month for a while and a bit of a wake up call (well actually that came in early June but the early June one just confirmed my feelings)

So many bad trades, quite a few good ones too and almost always the issue was lack of liquidity (along with some bad choices and some drifts that are just part of the fun). Almost managed to lose GBP 800 in an afternoon, in the end actually made a profit by essentially gambling which isn't what I should be doing, no harm in having some in play fun but really shouldn't be doing it to get out of a GBP 450 hole like I did on 16th May

Had a very annoying GBP 240 loss on a tennis match I forgot I had put in a trade on, lucky it was only GBP 240 but had the other guy won I'd have woken up to find another GBP 2000 in my account (massive clown)

It's happened a couple of times now, the last one I think was during the World Cup when I was in the UK, need to make sure it doesn't happen again

I took out GBP 800, nice to have some GBP banked and helped fund my Bet365 account, nice to have my trading paying for my losses in other forms, I might start taking more out each month, maybe I'll aim for a bank of GBP 5k, will see how it goes, nice to see a big bank on Betfair but need to know I have the discipline to use it properly and not make GBP 5k bets on markets that are too small. Should really stick to international cricket, 20/20 cricket, tennis, football and World Cup

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/vfHGdU]

So on to June, much better, one stupid NRL trade aside (my last NRL hopefully), two excellent test matches were the highlight, it does look like I'm about to lose GBP 150 on Sri Lanka vs Pakistan but even with that it'll be a 4 figure profit month, very happy with that

Will post up updated profit summary later on, might do some phone screenshots if I can get flickr to update...

Last edited by Finbar; 28-06-2015 at 09:10 AM.