Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odds Against View Post
I've been offered a free Ipad Air 2 or Ipad Mini 3, both basic 16Gb models. Apart from size is there any real difference.....which should I go for?
Not by EE I hope....probably shouldn't go into detail here - but suffice to say we're taking legal advice about their underhand sales tactics as we speak.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Rationale if you need it:

It's free so cost comparison null-and-void

Air 2 is so thin and light that the sofa-surfing advantage previously held by the Mini has disappeared

Air 2 has the latest and greatest internals whereas the Mini 3 is still on last year's components
Mini 3 is exactly the same as the mini 2 except for fingerprint recognition, a real con to describe it as an upgrade! No such thing as something for nothing, watch out for a catch somewhere
Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for all the info I've gone for the Air 2.

I'm quite satisfied there are no catches involved. I fulfilled these requirements before I even realised the offer was there -

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-12-2014, 03:37 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Got a 16GB iPad 2 and just jumped from ios6 to ios8. Predictable result is it runs very slow now and crashes very often. Can anyone advise on whether it can be saved or just worth going for a new Air2? There's a shedload of kids apps on the current one, they'd transfer to the new ipad with the icloud login right? (First time done it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 09-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm buying the kids ipad minis for Xmas, I obviously have to activate the devices via my own computer but I dont want to have them on my cloud or itunes but I want them to have the kids apps I already have on my phone, I understand there is a way of sharing apps already not to sure though but more importantly how do I keep them off my cloud and itunes?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:24 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
you can 'share' apps by family sharing

you may want/have to set them up email addresses (if they dont already have them - and dorward to yourself) and create apple accounts for each so that you can do find my iphone/tablet and have own identiitys in apple store this way you can monitor what they download and help out of if lost or stolen

Steve Jobs
Old 14-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What do I need to get the picture from my iPad air to my tv. I've looked at loads of leads on the Internet and think I've confused myself
Old 14-12-2014, 11:03 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apple TV
Old 15-12-2014, 02:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
What do I need to get the picture from my iPad air to my tv. I've looked at loads of leads on the Internet and think I've confused myself
I guess it depends on your TV - I just got a HDMI Male to Male cable and a Apple Lightening to HDMI cable.

You then put your TV on the appropriate HDMI Input (the one where you stuck it).

I'm finding the picture not that great, but others on here don't seem to have that problem so I might be me doing something wrong.
Old 15-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I guess it depends on your TV - I just got a HDMI Male to Male cable and a Apple Lightening to HDMI cable.

You then put your TV on the appropriate HDMI Input (the one where you stuck it).

I'm finding the picture not that great, but others on here don't seem to have that problem so I might be me doing something wrong.
That's what I've been looking at. I just want to connect the iPad on Saturday and watch the naughty feed of bt sport via the media player. Not to bothered about the picture quality. Thanks for you're help
Old 15-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Old member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
Apple TV
I'll look in to that. Cheers
Old 16-12-2014, 02:06 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
IPhoto and IPad question that's been driving me nuts. I want to browse the photos stored on my Mac from my iPad. Any idea how I can do do that? All thgoogle links tell me how to import but I just want to view the same way I view on my Apple TV.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 16-12-2014, 04:21 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
IPhoto and IPad question that's been driving me nuts. I want to browse the photos stored on my Mac from my iPad. Any idea how I can do do that? All thgoogle links tell me how to import but I just want to view the same way I view on my Apple TV.

Create a shared album on iCloud in iPhoto then view it from your iPad.

I guess you actually want remote access to your Mac from your iPad but I don't think that exists.
Old 16-12-2014, 07:12 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Thanks Away but I just want to browse. I don't want to have to set up a folder and think what do I want to look at. I want the exact same functionality that I get on my Apple TV but on my iPad.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 16-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Thanks Away but I just want to browse. I don't want to have to set up a folder and think what do I want to look at. I want the exact same functionality that I get on my Apple TV but on my iPad.

Me too. Let me know if you find a way.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:09 PM

Just had a little search around ... Have you tried Remote Desktop set ups? Splashtop 2, or logMeIn Ignition. I don't really like the sound of them from a performance or security perspective.
Old 27-12-2014, 11:43 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Me too. Let me know if you find a way.
Did you try enabling Photostream on both devices ?
Go to Settings/Photos and Camera....
Old 28-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post

Hadn't seen that. Thanks.
Old 28-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
Trouble with that is you still have to download the photos from Photostream to the iPad, takes up space etc and only gives you the last year. I want to browse the lot exactly the same way as Apple TV but from the iPad. Thanks for the idea though.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 30-12-2014, 09:21 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you want the space back you can turn off Photostream on the iPAd , the photos go away and you are back to where you were.
Some useful FAQ for Photostream in the link below

To view the link you have to Register or Login