Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 30-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Anyone got a recommendation for a shared diary app that'll work across ipad/iphone with a number of users?
Old 30-12-2014, 09:37 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You can do it on the standard calendar app on the iPad.

Here's how.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
cool, thanks
Old 30-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
If you want the space back you can turn off Photostream on the iPAd , the photos go away and you are back to where you were.
Some useful FAQ for Photostream in the link below

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Still only gives a year. I just want to browse all my photos that I have in iPhoto but from the iPad. Easy enough outside of Mac world. Getting more and more frustrated with the "Apple control" I didn't used to mind when it just worked but now they seem to **** everything thing up. iTunes, iPhoto, IOS crippling older devices and no way back, Apple maps, needless apps, the calendar layout, clean software so you have no idea where anything is anymore, buggs a plenty and even quality of my printed calender this year was shite, as they have gone from glossy to matt.
Rant over.....and calm. Sorry for that. Thanks for trying to help :-)

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-12-2014, 10:10 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I take yr point - Apple isn't perfect but on balance I feel that the productivity and the range of stuff you can do on their devices far outweighs the inevitable bugs and inconsistencies.Hang in there - you are a Palace supporter so you know nothing is ever as easy as it should be ! (Or maybe that's why yr patience is exhausted !!)
Old 30-12-2014, 10:34 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Trouble is it used to be sooooo good. Never for my first 5 years as an apple user did I have a crash or freeze. Now it's as bad as Microsoft. All the apps that were so good have been made shells of their former selves. I was happy to pay so much more for long lasting quality but even that has been thrown back in that they can't repair a headphone socket issue on one of my older macs as its "vintage". It's just over 5 years old iPad running slow.... Get a new one. And the reason it's running slow is their buggy bloatware they call an OS. A tired expression but I bet Steve jobs is turning in his grave.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-12-2014, 11:01 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They do seem to be in a race to come up with sophistication that many people don't actually want. My iPhone 5s contract has ended and I could pay to upgrade to the 6. I am not going to as I don't care a hoot about any of the new features - 1mm slimmer, 1 millisecond faster means nothing to me.What I really want is the 5s with a longer lasting battery.....can't have it. My rebellion will last a few months at least !
Old 31-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
6 battery is way better than the 5 from my experience. Worth the investment.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:40 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I think this is sort of been broached on here just above, but I noticed that photos I take on my iPhone also show on my iPad, but photos I take with my iPad do not show on my iPhone.

Also my Albums I create on my iPad do not appear on my iPhone.

I'm sure it's a setting but blowed if I can figure it out!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Is Photostream enabled on yr iPhone?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:48 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
Is Photostream enabled on yr iPhone?
Yep.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:28 AM

Is Photostream enabled in Settings/iCloud/Photos as well as Settings/Photos and Camera on all devices?. And there is enough free space on the iPhone??
If yes to all of the above then I am stumped....
Old 06-01-2015, 02:35 AM
The Spiky One

What is iCloud Photo Library (Beta)? That is turned off on both devices.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:49 AM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Turn off iCloud library (beta). Reconnect via wifi and your photostream directory in photos should come back.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:43 AM
The Spiky One

iCloud Photo Library Beta has never been on.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 AM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
You could try turning it on on the offending device and then turning it off again? I had this problem with my iPhone 6 and that seems to have sorted it.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 PM
The Spiky One

Thanks BB - I'll try that when I get home on my WiFi.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:59 AM
The Spiky One

My TuneIn App keeps cutting out at varying times from about a minute to 10 minutes in. Due to the varying times I don't think it is a setting. Also tried various stations - same results.

Deleted it from the iPad and re-downloaded it without any success.

Currently trying the built in music App to see if it is the iPad or TuneIn.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 10-02-2015, 02:53 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
My TuneIn App keeps cutting out at varying times from about a minute to 10 minutes in. Due to the varying times I don't think it is a setting. Also tried various stations - same results.

Deleted it from the iPad and re-downloaded it without any success.

Currently trying the built in music App to see if it is the iPad or TuneIn.

Any ideas anyone?
Strange... TuneIn is working just fine this evening.

Not sure I fully understand Apps... Especially ones like this. Could they have issue like websites do?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:18 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Did you do the recent iOS update?