Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 28-12-2010, 11:20 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
750k maximum IMO
Old 28-12-2010, 11:23 AM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought it was fairly common knowledge that we offered 500k but Everton want 1m. If that was the case why would clubs consider bidding 2m for him?
Old 28-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly
750k maximum IMO
I wouldn't go that high. Seriously, he isn't THAT good.
Old 28-12-2010, 11:29 AM

The Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
2 million?

If thats true, lets not even bother entering discussions

Yes he would be a good permanent addition but with only a few months left on his contract he's not worth anything like that
Exactly. I am still not convinced that Vaughan is essential to us. If Hull want to splash 2m on him with 6 months of his contract to run then more fool them. They may have new owners with apparantly deep pockets but to pay that sort of fee for an injury prone and as yet not finally proven player shows that they have learned little from their experiences.
I think that if Moyes has valued him at 2m then it means that he is desperate to raise the cash he needs to get Everton up the table. It seems he may get his wish thanks to the profligacy of the the game in it's current state but it's all about gambling really rather than good management.
Old 28-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigation
Hull ready to offer 2 million for him and Cardiff, Derby and Leicester all after him as well, not looking too likely for us - (Daily Mirror)
Cardiff have no money and already have more than enough strikers.

Hull have enough strikers as it is.

Leicester, yeah maybe.

Derby i'm not sure about either.
Old 28-12-2010, 11:43 AM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2m is a ridiculous price for Vaughan. Pls don't get sucked into paying that for him CPFC2010. There will be better options in the summer.

I think there are good forwards around in the lower leagues that will develop with us. Look how well Steve Morrison (ex-Stevenage) has done with Millwall. We need to be scouting well - let's hope we already have a good file for acquisitions from divisions 1, 2 and conference football.

I think we need 2 forwards in the window - both could be loans - but we really need some experience in at least one of them.
Old 28-12-2010, 12:48 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlem68
2m is a ridiculous price for Vaughan. Pls don't get sucked into paying that for him CPFC2010. There will be better options in the summer.I think there are good forwards around in the lower leagues that will develop with us. Look how well Steve Morrison (ex-Stevenage) has done with Millwall. We need to be scouting well - let's hope we already have a good file for acquisitions from divisions 1, 2 and conference football.

I think we need 2 forwards in the window - both could be loans - but we really need some experience in at least one of them.
But we kind of need a striker now.

2 million is way too much I do agree.
Old 28-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
500k great deal
899k to 1m probably about right
2m insane.

Not sure we should bid more than 650k
Old 28-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just think it poor Journalism again, with the fee quoted.

I agree with the majority and think a fee of 500k plus a few add ons is about right.

It just depends on how many other teams are interested I guess, although Vaughan may not wish to go to the club who made the highest offer, and Everton won't want to spend 400k on wages between now and the end of the season, if they can't sell him (wishful thinking)
Old 28-12-2010, 01:33 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie
I just think it poor Journalism again, with the fee quoted.

I agree with the majority and think a fee of 500k plus a few add ons is about right.

It just depends on how many other teams are interested I guess, although Vaughan may not wish to go to the club who made the highest offer, and Everton won't want to spend 400k on wages between now and the end of the season, if they can't sell him (wishful thinking)
Not exactly poor journalism, more that they are allowing their "source" to use them for ramping. Everton have evidently employed an agent to get Vaughan sold for a high price, this is what agents do. Ultimately, agent or no agent - the one offer for something which must be sold is excepted - as was pretty much the case with Victor Moses last Jan.

I'd still imagine we're the front runners to get Vaughan, but there'll be some cat & mouse throughout January, so unfortunately we won't get him early doors. I've seen no real evidence that ANY other club is seriously interested in Vaughan. As you say Vaughan will go where HE decides, and at the moment I'm fairly sure Palace is his best option. He has to be 1st choice whereever he goes now.

I think if Palace maybe slightly up their offer, add an expiry date to the offer of say 2nd week of Jan, Everton may face reality and accept.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi
But we kind of need a striker now.

2 million is way too much I do agree.
tbh, I think that the problem isn't necessarily a striker, but, more a creator. On the few occasions that good crosses have been played into the box, we score or nearly score. It is not a case of missing open goals. Of course, a striker who can create openings and then score is something we do not have.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerry Queen
I think that if Moyes has valued him at 2m then it means that he is desperate to raise the cash he needs to get Everton up the table. It seems he may get his wish thanks to the profligacy of the the game in it's current state but it's all about gambling really rather than good management.
Exactly, though Moyes is not necessarily desperate for cash just because he's willing to exploit mugs willing to pay through the nose (like us with some of the Taylor/Bob Dowie signings).

Probably 2 million quoted firstly to see if mugs like Hull will pay it, but more expecting to be knocked down by a million at least. Palace should just stick to their value of the player, and if someone else is serious about putting down anything above that, move on to the next target ASAP.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:15 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles
Why do you say "fact"? I hope you're only saying it on the back of the tabloid noise and not real information....
You're absolutely right - I shouldn't have used the word 'fact'!
Hull City have been quoted as saying they want him. As for the others - who knows for sure?

With only the rest of the season under contract to Everton, I'd be surprised if anyone bids 2M.
250,000 would be nearer his value IMO, unless of course they offer him a new deal, which would change things considerably!

Last edited by jhc; 28-12-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Professional Cynic

ChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChristalPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Cardiff have no money and already have more than enough strikers.

Hull have enough strikers as it is.

Leicester, yeah maybe.

Derby i'm not sure about either.
Thing with Leicester is that their new Thai owners have gone public that Sven will have 12m to spend next month. Now that everyone knows this, they're going to pay over the odds for everyone.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:21 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
tbh, I think that the problem isn't necessarily a striker, but, more a creator. On the few occasions that good crosses have been played into the box, we score or nearly score. It is not a case of missing open goals. Of course, a striker who can create openings and then score is something we do not have.
Ambrose? Danns?

I think they can create enough to be honest.

We need somene clinical to get on the end of them. Add some height too!

Counago is in the mould of a creative forward, certainly not a consistant goalscorer, but has done it at this level before.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Disagree, we have created plenty of chances in the games I have seen. We have lacked decent firepower to be in the right position and/or take advantage of them.
Old 28-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristalPalace
Thing with Leicester is that their new Thai owners have gone public that Sven will have 12m to spend next month. Now that everyone knows this, they're going to pay over the odds for everyone.
Which in turn inflates the prices in the market. Clubs will use Leicester's spending as a benchmark "Well, if he's worth x-million, then our lad's worth at least double that". It's not healthy.

Oh, and 2 million for Vaughan is nuts. Absolutely nuts.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 28-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Vaughan isn't worth more than 500K and he'll need a decent partner in order to have any sort of impact.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:19 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Since Vaughan returned Everton have played West Ham without a striker and brought 2 off the bench, played Man City with 1 striker and brought another off the bench.

Vaughan is not in the plans of David Moyes. Come Feb 1st he will be free player with teh club simply loaning him out for a period. He is costing them a reported 15k a week until July. So if they do not sell him they will have to pay him 315k from Feb to the end of his contract. They surely cannot risk a new contract in the hope someone will pay a decent fee, an injury or no interest at the fee they want would lead to a 780k bill next year.

The 2m is paper talk by journalists who are trying to sell papers.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:38 AM

Navigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty airNavigation is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Mirror this morning reporting Hull had offered 1 million plus add ons but that Hull pulled out as Everton holding out 2 million.

May of course just be Everton trying to talk up the price.