Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 14-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have some decent defenders - they just need to remember they are!
Old 14-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
Little overestimation. More like 7 or 8 but still too many.
Actually wouldn't be so sure on that - had a quick look back and in the first 8 games we played 7 different combinations. Only one set played twice - McCarthy, Davis, Clyne, Bennett. Clyne & Paddy were ever presents in that period

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 14-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal
Has everyone missed the story this morning that Vaughn is Dougies No 1 target? Great news, none of the earlier million pound paper talk offers materialised, we pay an honest valuation

I still think Vaughan is the best striker we have had so far this season, so if the fee is realistic (just depends on how many other clubs are interested), then he will be a great permanent addition to the squad.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Dedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betray
Him alongside Iverson upfront and we would stay up
FACT.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders
Him alongside Iverson upfront and we would stay up
FACT.
Are you willing to bet 10m on that ??
Old 14-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
As it seems to have been missed, extract from Croydon today online which indicates we will be in for him (is he over the ankle injury from last game?)

DOUGIE Freedman has made Everton striker James Vaughan his number one target during the January transfer window.

The Eagles' new boss has drawn up a list of players he is hoping to add to his squad and the 22-year-old forward is sat right at the top.

Vaughan impressed on loan at Selhurst Park during a three-month spell that ended in December. He scored five goals for the club during that period and built up an excellent relationship with Freedman, who often spent time working specifically with the forwards during his time as George Burley's number two.

Shortly before Vaughan's departure back to Goodison Park, Freedman told the Advertiser that he would love to work with him again and hoped that the Eagles could wrap up a permanent switch for the forward.

Palace seemed to have given up hope of a getting Vaughan back to Selhurst, however, after Everton manager David Moyes quoted a price of more than 1 million for the youngster, whose Toffees contract runs out at the end of the season.

But after waiting for initial interest from Championship rivals Cardiff, Hull and Leicester to cool, Palace are ready to go back in with an offer they hope will persuade Moyes to sell.

"We are already working on getting players in," confirmed Palace chairman Steve Parish.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Dedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betrayDedders is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Are you willing to bet 10m on that ??
No
He wont cost anything like that though so I'm going to guess you're joking!
Old 14-01-2011, 11:51 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal
As it seems to have been missed, extract from Croydon today online which indicates we will be in for him (is he over the ankle injury from last game?)

DOUGIE Freedman has made Everton striker James Vaughan his number one target during the January transfer window....
Great News!

And, yes he's said on twitter he's been available for Everton since before Xmas. Just never selected for squads.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle
comment by SP in Croydon Advertiser

Dougie has drawn up a list of his targets and we'll do our best to get them in. We need a left back, a striker and maybe strengthening in midfield.

I agree with the above apart from MAYBE in midfield ? Think this is a definate priority not maybe
Surely a striker is our biggest priority though.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle
comment by SP in Croydon Advertiser

Dougie has drawn up a list of his targets and we'll do our best to get them in. We need a left back, a striker and maybe strengthening in midfield.

I agree with the above apart from MAYBE in midfield ? Think this is a definate priority not maybe
If we get a left back (and therefore Wright becomes an option in midfield); if Danns stays and if Ambrose and Marrow get fit, I think it does become a 'maybe' for midfield.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-01-2011, 12:02 PM

palacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkindpalacepostie is free of thoughts unpure, and of thoughts unkind
unless things are ongoing behind the scenes that we dont know about then why havent we gone back in for vaughan.leicester wanted him but now have yakubu and ive not heard of anyone else coming in for him.he said he enjoyed it at palace so surely nows the time to make a move unless dougie had his reservations about him and an overpriced fee?any thoughts
Old 14-01-2011, 12:17 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
We need a few extra bodies as we have little or no cover once we get a few injuries. Really want James
Old 14-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
If we get a left back (and therefore Wright becomes an option in midfield); if Danns stays and if Ambrose and Marrow get fit, I think it does become a 'maybe' for midfield.
???

We have seen Wrighty play for a game and a bit in midfield.

Danns, Garvan and Ambrose (if we get the right striker I wouldn't mind seeing him as the "Hole" striker who can drop into a 5 man midfield when we are under pressure) are all excellent offensive midfilders and Marrow will be a very good player - not sure what position yet though - but the point people seem to be missing is that that midfield has not worked well together for several reasons.

Balance (often great offensive but can't defend for peanuts!), no width, no holding player experienced enough to do the job 7 out of 10 week in week out and above all nobody to call the shots and boss them about, get in the faces of the other team and the officials etc.

We are in midfield quite simply lightweight and easily over run. That is one of the main reasons we suddenly can't defend FFS and new personal will be the only way to solve this unless Dougie has a very clever trick up his sleeve!.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:28 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Remind me when the last time Ambrose played in central midfield for us was.

Thanks
Old 14-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
Remind me when the last time Ambrose played in central midfield for us was.

Thanks
Erm, where did I say Ambrose should be central midfield?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 14-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers
???

We have seen Wrighty play for a game and a bit in midfield.

Danns, Garvan and Ambrose (if we get the right striker I wouldn't mind seeing him as the "Hole" striker who can drop into a 5 man midfield when we are under pressure) are all excellent offensive midfilders and Marrow will be a very good player - not sure what position yet though - but the point people seem to be missing is that that midfield has not worked well together for several reasons.

Balance (often great offensive but can't defend for peanuts!), no width, no holding player experienced enough to do the job 7 out of 10 week in week out and above all nobody to call the shots and boss them about, get in the faces of the other team and the officials etc.

We are in midfield quite simply lightweight and easily over run. That is one of the main reasons we suddenly can't defend FFS and new personal will be the only way to solve this unless Dougie has a very clever trick up his sleeve!.
I did say 'maybe' - because I don't disagree with much of your post. But I do think holding CM is Marrow's best position and if he stayed fit would be the 7/10 player you are after; and Wright can clearly provide cover there (it's not like he's never been picked there before he came to Palace). So I would put midfielder as third in priority order.

Old 14-01-2011, 12:51 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I did say 'maybe' - because I don't disagree with much of your post. But I do think holding CM is Marrow's best position and if he stayed fit would be the 7/10 player you are after; and Wright can clearly provide cover there (it's not like he's never been picked there before he came to Palace). So I would put midfielder as third in priority order.
Sorry, was not meant to be a dig at you mate.

I just feel that whilst Marrow could easily turn out to be the eventual holder of the position and that Wight can cover, to get us clear of a very real relegation threat we need someone who has the experience to guide us in midfield, as much for the skippering of the team as his actual playing ability.

Win tackles, play the simple ball to one of the clever blokes and get at the oppo and the ref. Derry, Aki, Hughesy, Carsley, Savage etc

To me this is an urgent not a maybe.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:52 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S
We have some decent defenders - they just need to remember they are!
This is true - maybe they didn't suit the Burley school of defending.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan
If we only sign JV and Danns it will have been an excellent window, with Marrow and the Gardner extension as well.

SIGN HIM UP
Yes, because this team worked so successfully before January.

Old 14-01-2011, 01:08 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yes, because this team worked so successfully before January.

Not fair to judge them all really, we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries and fixture timing. The second half of the season always looked more appealing than the first.