Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 03-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Cheltenham Festival 2014 Betting Masters

Based on previous years (last one in 2011) with a few changes.

You start with 300. This is split into 5 x 20 bets. 10 x 10 bets. 20 x 5 bets.

You have to bet one each of the 27 races (Charity race is excluded for obvious reasons) in the festival. This leaves 8 spare bets for the rest of the festival.

You can choose no more than 2 horses per race

The stakes can be split into e/w bets for half the stake (i.e 20 bet on a horse = 10 e/w)

All prices must be named, as well as the name of the bookie and the e/w terms if it is an e/w bet.

We'll put the competition as Non runner, no bet so you can begin to put up bets now.

I will take the best odds guaranteed, either ante-post or S/P

The 8 extra bets can also be used on Number of Lengths, Top Jockey, Top Trainer and other specialty bets.

The only request I have (in terms of keeping an eye on it all), is that you post up an entire days worth of bets at a time, and if you are making additions to a day, then put the date of the previous bet in the post.

The races will be in the next post.

Last edited by pauldrulez; 08-03-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Day 1 - Tuesday - Champion Day
1.30 - Supreme Novices Hurdle
2.05 - Arkle
2.40 - Baylis&Harding Specialty Chase
3.20 - Champion Hurdle
4.00 - OLBG Mares Hurdle
4.40 - NH Chase
5.15 - R4R Novices Handicap Chase

Day 2 - Wednesday - Ladies Day
1.30 - Neptune Novices Hurdle
2.05 - RSA Chase
2.40 - Coral Cup
3.20 - Queen Mother CC
4.00 - Glenfarclas X-Country Chase
4.40 - Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle
5.15 - Champion Bumper

Day 3 - Thursday - St Patricks Thursday
1.30 - JLT Novices Chase
2.05 - Pertemps Final
2.40 - Ryanair Chase
3.20 - World Hurdle
4.00 - Byrne Group Plate
4.40 - Kim Muir Challenge

Day 4 - Friday - Gold Cup Day
1.30 - Triumph Hurdle
2.05 - V O'B County Handicap Hurdle
2.40 - Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle
3.20 - Cheltenham Gold Cup
4.00 - Foxhunter Chase
4.40 - Martin Pipe (Cond. Jockey) Handicap
5.15 - Grand Annual
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I'm in. Just a couple of questions is the best odds guaranteed going to be ok and what about other offers, betting without the favourite etc?
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
I'm in. Just a couple of questions is the best odds guaranteed going to be ok and what about other offers, betting without the favourite etc?
If the bookie offers BOG, it's allowed

Betting without the favourite is allowed as well.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
If the bookie offers BOG, it's allowed

Betting without the favourite is allowed as well.
Thanks. Well done for setting the competition up this year
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 03-03-2014, 12:37 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
1.30 - Supreme Novices Hurdle - Josses Hill - 12/1 Bet Victor 2.50 e/w
2.05 - Arkle - Rock on Ruby - 6/1 Stan James - 5 win
2.40 Baylis&Harding Specialty Chase- Shutthefrontdoor - 14/1 WillHill 2.50ew
3.20 - Champion Hurdle - Hurricane Fly - 3/1 BetVictor 10win
4.00 - OLBG Mares Hurdle - Quevage - 4/5 888sport - 5 win
4.40 - NH Chase - sHotgunPaddy - 8/1 PP - 5 win
5.15 - R4R Novices Handicap Chase - Pendra - 9/1 Sporting Bet 5 Win

Bets Used
6 x 5
1 x 10
Old 03-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
Thanks. Well done for setting the competition up this year
No probs.

Bets on wins by a certain length are also allowed.

I don't think temporary price boosts should be allowed as it means you have to be in the right place at the right time.

Non-runners are the responsibility of the person to check on the day of the race! And the closing time is when the race begins.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
1.30 - Supreme Novices Hurdle - Josses Hill - 12/1 Bet Victor 2.50 e/w
2.05 - Arkle - Rock on Ruby - 6/1 Stan James - 5 win
2.40 Baylis&Harding Specialty Chase- Shutthefrontdoor - 14/1 WillHill 2.50ew
3.20 - Champion Hurdle - Hurricane Fly - 3/1 BetVictor 10win
4.00 - OLBG Mares Hurdle - Quevage - 4/5 888sport - 5 win
4.40 - NH Chase - sHotgunPaddy - 8/1 PP - 5 win
5.15 - R4R Novices Handicap Chase - Pendra - 9/1 Sporting Bet 5 Win

Bets Used
6 x 5
1 x 10
Added to the spreadsheet
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Cheers Paul.
Havent done much research into Tues & Weds as i only go down Weds night for Thurs & Fri night. Unsure whether I now need to do back my selections in life?!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:23 PM

SanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gents

just to make it easier to calculate would it not be better to use sp's?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Under Fascist Rule

I'm happy either way, but will leave it up to the majority!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSte View Post
Gents

just to make it easier to calculate would it not be better to use sp's?
I personally have never taken SP, if I'm looking for value it kind of defeats the object.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
I personally have never taken SP, if I'm looking for value it kind of defeats the object.
Sort of my thoughts too.

I will have a couple of hours each night when everyone else is asleep where I can update the standings and post it on here, so, as long as people state the odds or BOG etc, as well as e/w terms, I don't mind putting the time in!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM

SanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSanSte : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
With you.Just thought it would be a lot less time consuming for paul but if he is willing to put in the time fair play
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM

1.30 - Supreme Novices Hurdle - The Liquidator - 20/1 Sky Bet- 2.50 e/w
2.05 - Arkle - Champagne Fever - 3/1 Coral - 5 win
2.40 Baylis&Harding Specialty Chase- Unioniste - 20/1 Sporting Bet- 2.50ew
3.20 - Champion Hurdle - The New One - 3/1 Betfred- 10win
4.00 - OLBG Mares Hurdle - Quevage - 8/11 Bet365 - 5 win
4.40 - NH Chase - Black Thunder - 14/1 Sportingbet - 2.50ew
5.15 - R4R Novices Handicap Chase - Many rivers to cross-10/1 Ladbokes-5 win
Old 03-03-2014, 07:09 PM

Sorry Paul.
Bets Used
6 x 5
1 x 10
Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I will be up for this. Will be off for the week and I am busy with the form study. I have to say that all this rain for the last few months and subsequent heavy ground makes leads to a bit of caution with the trends.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSte View Post
Sorry Paul.
Bets Used
6 x 5
1 x 10
Done.

Spreadsheet is well up and running.

I feel very efficient for once.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Under Fascist Rule

1.30 - Supreme Novices Hurdle - 10 bet - 5 e/w on Wicklow Brave 13/2 Skybet
2.05 - Arkle - 10 bet - Champagne Fever to win 3/1 Betfred, 2.50 e/w Rock on Ruby 6/1SportingBet
2.40 - Baylis&Harding Specialty Chase - Bury Parade 2.50 e/w 14/1 Skybet
3.20 - Champion Hurdle - The New One - 20 win 3/1 Hills
4.00 - OLBG Mares Hurdle - Cockney Sparrow - 2.50 e/w 8/1 Coral
4.40 - NH Chase - Shutthefrontdoor - 2.50 e/w 14/1 Ladbrokes
5.15 - R4R Novices Handicap Chase - Pendra - 2.50 e/w 9/1 Ladbrokes

Bets Used
20 - 1/5
10 - 2/10
5 - 5/20
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
I will be in