Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Surely transfer targets are more fluid than that, because players will become unexpectedly available, or not available, depending on the priorities of their club.

In this instance, maybe Sakho has become only recently a possibility and his agent tells us he’d like to play for Palace. We say OK, we’re quite interested....what’s his medical history, how much does he want to come here, what’s the price?

There will then be a dance around as the two clubs, agent and player exchange opinions on this....which is when the story probably leaks out.

My guess would be, we were interested at a price that reflected his injury history. WHU don’t want to offload if they think our price is too low.

So we’ve gone from considering the player and it looking like a deal might be on the cards, to the two clubs both going cooler on the idea.

Nothing wrong with that. It might be worth a gamble on Sakho at a fair price, but if the price is too high then we should keep the cash back for a better prospect.
Also the scope of a transfer fee has increased greatly, there is more to debate with so much range, maybe ten years ago you were talking 3-15m, now its 5-30m for average to good players. Clubs are more likely to try an get asmuch as possible, and each additional millions pound gap between much offered and asked for slows it all down.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Sorry, I'm not following you.

The point I am making is that we went into the window already with a thin squad and gaps especially in the goalkeeping and striker departments. That situation has been made a lot worse following a number of injuries - many of which are several months and/or season ending.

We've known since 1 September (but also before) where the gaps in the squad are. As a result, I would have thought we were going into this window with clear and agreed targets that we would be bidding for as soon as the window opened. Obviously things are not that simple and it's rarely ever easy but Huddersfield, for example, have already signed two good players. Burnley have got a decent winger in.

Obviously most activity will be later in the window but can it be a coincidence that during every window we are late to act? Let's hope Freedman's appointment sorts this and we'll be able to judge at the end of January I guess.
How do you know we are not making bids based on the research that has gone into the gaps in the squad?

Huddersfield have signed a Championship player, it's alot easier to force those moves through. We are looking from signings from other Premiership teams or Europe top leagues.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:00 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
@SkyKaveh Diafra Sakho’s £10m move from West Ham to Crystal Palace in doubt. Not everyone at Palace convinced he’s striker they need

Really don’t know why I’m posting this as no one at Sky has a clue with transfers
Old 12-01-2018, 07:01 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
@SkyKaveh Diafra Sakho’s £10m move from West Ham to Crystal Palace in doubt. Not everyone at Palace convinced he’s striker they need

Really don’t know why I’m posting this as no one at Sky has a clue with transfers
He'll get sacked adding talk like that.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:05 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I have to say, having seen Sakho at Brighton on Monday night, I don't think our need for a forward is as desperate as it once was.

In fact if Wickham is to be fit soon, we may not even need a centre forward.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
How do you know we are not making bids based on the research that has gone into the gaps in the squad?

Huddersfield have signed a Championship player, it's alot easier to force those moves through. We are looking from signings from other Premiership teams or Europe top leagues.
The defender they just signed was from Monaco. Highly rated. He cost them 15m this summer from Feyenoord.

Anyway, I'm not saying we aren't doing that. Just speculating/passing the time
Old 12-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I have to say, having seen Sakho at Brighton on Monday night, I don't think our need for a forward is as desperate as it once was.

Indeed. Just ordinarily desperate now, not catastrophically desperate as it was last week and will be again as soon as Sakho (B) has a bad game/gets crocked.

In fact, if Wickham is fit I fell asleep and have woken up in 2023.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Flat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
U mean Sako?
Le Nuage, Freshwater Rose, Burante, Youknow Wotsisname, Inner Clinch, Sir Dylan, Masterstroke, Zinetta, Decompression, Maestro Tom, Money Ad, Claiborne King, Dropyourbundall, Douro, Gotta Run, As Yawood, Metazoa, Timeless Melody, Indisputable
Makarios
Centro Superior
Spacex
Old 12-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not having a dry January are you?!
Old 12-01-2018, 08:50 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Blimey.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm being whooshed here, aren't I?
Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 PM

CPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Why is it I am actually quite pleased to read this?

Must be something to do with his injury record and questionable attitude.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:54 PM

CPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is hereCPFC85 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Disagree.

We really don't know how far off Wickham is from returning; and we simply cannot rely on Sakho as back up until the end of the season.

We need another forward and asap; as Benteke needs to know his place in the side is not a given.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
We don't need another sicknote. I don't understand how we can spend half a year looking for strikers and the only thing we come up with is a substitute at West Ham who's more injured than healthy.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:02 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
We don't need another sicknote. I don't understand how we can spend half a year looking for strikers and the only thing we come up with is a substitute at West Ham who's more injured than healthy.
Ricky Lambert signs, Feb 15th.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Indeed. Just ordinarily desperate now, not catastrophically desperate as it was last week and will be again as soon as Sakho (B) has a bad game/gets crocked.

In fact, if Wickham is fit I fell asleep and have woken up in 2023.
That's a flukin great IF
Old 12-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:

If true it would be interesting to know whom. Not the it matters but late cold feet implies we're not desperately joined up. That's kinda worrying.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:10 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

That is one hell of an if in the last sentence. Sorry 4cryingoutloud beat me to it.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:12 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like Roy said in the press conference link us to as many players as possible keeps everyone guessing and agents on their toes.

Improves our bargaining position being linked to a lot of targets.

A lot of misinformation spread during the window.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:14 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
He'll get sacked adding talk like that.
See what happens when Twitter increases the character limit? All hell breaks lose.

Werner Herzog