Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:19 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
My point wasn't really directed primarily at yourself. It was more people trying to insinuate the Turkish leagues are some sort of pub league. Whilst they aren't England/Spain/Germany/Italy etc they are definitely a higher standard than given credit for.
Similar standard to the championship imo. I honestly don’t think Benteke would be prolific in the championship, and whether Sorloth is better than Benteke is ultimately what matters.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
The same league we signed that gem Milivojevic from?
Came from Greece didn't he? Not Turkey or are you talking about someone else?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:30 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Came from Greece didn't he? Not Turkey or are you talking about someone else?
It was in relation to the behind Greece comment.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:31 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Similar standard to the championship imo. I honestly don’t think Benteke would be prolific in the championship, and whether Sorloth is better than Benteke is ultimately what matters.
I agree, I think Benteke is done as a regular scoring prolific forward, sadly.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
It was in relation to the behind Greece comment.
aha - sorry, missed that one.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:44 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I apologise for my use of smiley emoji.
Genuinely feel bad... I’ll be more careful in the future
Patronising AND sarcastic.
Stay classy over different opinions.

You think from what you have seen he would be better than Benteke, I don't. But neither of us know and both have valid reasons for those opinions.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 10-12-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
My point wasn't really directed primarily at yourself. It was more people trying to insinuate the Turkish leagues are some sort of pub league. Whilst they aren't England/Spain/Germany/Italy etc they are definitely a higher standard than given credit for.
Fair point.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:06 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
We aren’t successful enough for him, he won’t be coming back

“There were two other reasons for my decision. I knew that the Süper Lig was relatively balanced.

“At the end of the season, you also get the chance to present yourself in the Europa League or the Champions League.

“Another reason was the strong team and the corresponding title ambitions of Trabzonspor. In comparison, Crystal Palace is a club whose primary goal is always to stay up.”
Old 10-12-2019, 06:27 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Patronising AND sarcastic.
Stay classy over different opinions.

You think from what you have seen he would be better than Benteke, I don't. But neither of us know and both have valid reasons for those opinions.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:30 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
The only joke is Palace buying one of the best target men in European football and not playing to his strengths other than the first season he was with us.
If he was that bloody good do you think we would have been the only club after him, and spent a whole summer trying to do a deal?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:33 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
We don't cross the ball Sorloth Benteke are target men doesn't work in our system . Needs someone like Ings or Pooki
Old 10-12-2019, 06:38 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
I said to a mate of mine the day he left, this will be our de Byrne moment, I was convinced, he removed my crack pipe from my lips and told me to get clean....thank god I heeded those words....
Old 10-12-2019, 06:49 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
We don't cross the ball Sorloth Benteke are target men doesn't work in our system . Needs someone like Ings or Pooki
I'm not sure Sorloth is a target man.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:57 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

“There were two other reasons for my decision. I knew that the Süper Lig was relatively balanced.

“At the end of the season, you also get the chance to present yourself in the Europa League or the Champions League.

“Another reason was the strong team and the corresponding title ambitions of Trabzonspor. In comparison, Crystal Palace is a club whose primary goal is always to stay up.”
What a bizarre last statement. Why the hell would he leave Midtjylland in the first place if that was his thinking. After all they are challenging for the title in a league which is the same as the Turkish.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
What a bizarre last statement. Why the hell would he leave Midtjylland in the first place if that was his thinking. After all they are challenging for the title in a league which is the same as the Turkish.
That’s more hyperbole about how ‘poor’ the Turkish super lig is. Clearly it’s a step above Denmark, in pretty much every way.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:17 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
That’s more hyperbole about how ‘poor’ the Turkish super lig is. Clearly it’s a step above Denmark, in pretty much every way.
Danish league nr 12 in Europe. Turkey nr. 11.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Danish league nr 12 in Europe. Turkey nr. 11.
Nah, Denmark is 13th. And there’s a huge gap in coefficient score, bigger than the gap between Turkey and Belgium in 8th.

There hasn’t be a single point in the past several years where Denmark was considered near as strong by UEFA, and I’d question if they’ve ever be on par in all of football history considering the huge gap in European pedigree between Galatasaray, Fernerbache and Besiktas vs the Danish big clubs.

It’s more than reasonable to question the level that Sorloth is scoring at, but I find this hyperbole about how poor Turkey is tiresome. Reminds me of literally every transfer thread ever about a player outside of England.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:34 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post

The thing that really irks me is that refers to ‘Crystal Palace’ - his employer - in the 3rd person.

Did he not realise when he signed for us that we might not be featuring regularly in Europe?

What a dick.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:09 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Sorry. Isn't he on loan? Unless they have an option to buy he will be coming back?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:25 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
Sorry. Isn't he on loan? Unless they have an option to buy he will be coming back?
They have an option to buy.