Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a great documentary. A big well done to all involved. Brings back great memories to when I first started go.
Shame there was never any footage of that Ipswich game when we went top of the table.
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:50 PM

leslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I believe that the special trains to Sunderland (1976 FA Cup QF) went up the spout, so Mansfield was free train travel as compo
Mansfield Train was £1 each as compensation for the Sunderland train delays, hence we took four trains. Bus convoy from station to ground which had to stop for a 'mass comfort break'. You could drink on the special then.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:52 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Brilliant documentary. Fantastic footage and great contributions from all who took part. Well done Super Al superbly put together and Bill Nighy's narration really struck the right tone.

There is no way that HRP is a Palace fan considering the complete and utter shit he posts.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Arise Sir Alan of Ryan! Malcolm Allison summed it up saying (along the lines of ) us potentially being able to be anything. That Liverpool were in the 2nd tier not that long ago. That we'd get @45K? in quite often given any sort of decent run of success too. That's how it is. Time has stood still since the Whitehorse came down as someone else on here said. It will be incredible if we get capacity back, because we'll be back.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:59 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Brilliant documentary. Fantastic footage and great contributions from all who took part. Well done Super Al superbly put together and Bill Nighy's narration really struck the right tone.

There is no way that HRP is a Palace fan considering the complete and utter shit he posts.
Mullery got a bit of a slating in the documentary, and of course that was the period in time when it went to 13 games before they beat us . so i expect he is a wounded weed who realises they were, and always will be the bridesmaids never the bride .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 25-10-2019, 06:07 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
I think we should refer to the Dolphins as the dolphins in the future
Old 25-10-2019, 06:11 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
YES !! Dump on a Dolphin

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-10-2019, 06:22 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I didn't know (or had forgotten) their nickname used to be The Dolphins. I think I knew they changed to to The Seagulls - allegedly to match The Eagles, but don't recall them being The Dolphins.

Do they have dolphins in Brighton?
Old 25-10-2019, 06:29 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I didn't know (or had forgotten) their nickname used to be The Dolphins. I think I knew they changed to to The Seagulls - allegedly to match The Eagles, but don't recall them being The Dolphins.

They have the Aquarium
Old 25-10-2019, 06:30 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:

And to think they picked a bloomin seagull because we had changed ours to an Eagle. I mean of all the birds they had to choose from and they picked that one.
Old 25-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Finally got around to watching this this afternoon - what a throroughly entertaining piece of work!

I just loved the wallow in nostalgia - and took some consolation from the fact that many of my idols from that period look to be in worse physical shape than I am!

Notable exception being Vince H - who although being follically challenged, still looks like one cool dude...

My wife sat through it as well and while she had no interest in Palace at all back in the 70s/80s, she found herself completely engrossed by it. As she said at the end "you don't have to be a mad Palace fan to be interested by the story that's told".

Kudos to all involved in the production!
Old 25-10-2019, 06:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
The story I had heard about the Triumph Stag was a little different to the one told in the video... the one I heard was that TV called up Vince and said. "You're buying Kenny's Stag", to which VH said, "But I've already got one". TV's response was, "Well now you've got two!".

Personally I believe the one in the video more than the embellished one above.
Old 25-10-2019, 08:05 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Brilliant!
Old 25-10-2019, 08:19 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched it today and I had tear or two in my eye. Watching that Orient away game again when we literally took over most of the ground, Wrexham in the last minute when I knocked myself out on the roof of the away end.... and a fleeting glimpse of Mike Elwiss one of the best players we’ve had who was cruelly robbed of a great career by injury. Thanks to all involved it was a great film.
Old 25-10-2019, 09:38 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Well I couldn't fault that, brilliant.
Old 25-10-2019, 10:46 PM

wighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fantastic, well done and thank you for that Al. I loved it, bought back so many memories from that era. I went to the Wrexham game and the reserve game at Palace the following week because I couldn't bear to sit at home being tortured by what was going on elsewhere. How we suffered before the age of instant information! I felt sad to think of what might have been with that team before things fell apart, so much talent in that side. Great to see Mike Elwiss in a Palace game, another case of what might have been had he not got injured. Loved seeing Rachid Harkouk too, would he have made it in the modern game I wonder?
I have watched it twice so far and will no doubt watch it again sometime. Such happy times supporting Palace. What a great club despite the roller coaster rides we have had over the years, this is what I love about our club.
Old 25-10-2019, 11:32 PM

Braintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow, wow, wow...Can't speak highly enough of it. Brilliant film..
Old 25-10-2019, 11:49 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Cymande! Nice musical touch. This doc has been crafted.
Old 25-10-2019, 11:51 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

After Uni down there, I got offered a job to dress up as a dolphin to promote the Brighton Sealife Centre. Sometimes I think it would have been a good career choice.
Old 25-10-2019, 11:58 PM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a magnificent film!

Went to bed early and when I saw the link had to turn the missus down!