Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-10-2019, 11:13 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wighteagle View Post
My Palace supporting family live in Perth Western Australia and cannot see this at the moment. Anybody know when in will be available to watch worldwide or have a link that works in Oz?
Try this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:17 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Watched it this morning, didn't expect it to be as good as what it was. And I didn't realise the magnitude of how big we were actually seen once upon a time. I also never realised that we won the FA youth cup twice on the trot, followed by Millwall a season later. It just goes to show how strong this catchment area has forever been. Great insight not just for the older fans looking back, but the younger generation who never knew.
Didn't we win the old Evening Standard 5-A-Side tournament at the old Empire Pool as well? Remember watching that on Sportsnight.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Well known fact he is a supporter, a supporter who started during those times, and now co owner of the club. Why wouldn't his thoughts be of interest ? Would be great to see a reply to this question, because im a bit baffled as to why you object to his input given all of the above ?
Not objecting, just thought it a bit random and no need for him to be in what is a fantastic trip down memory lane for older supporters and a history lesson for those younger supporters of today. As someone else commented, maybe he funded or some such so got a part, like George Harrison in Life of Brian.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:23 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Try this.

Thank you. I just watched the first ten minutes or so of that. Brilliant. What a journey down memory lane.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:05 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Didn't we win the old Evening Standard 5-A-Side tournament at the old Empire Pool as well? Remember watching that on Sportsnight.
I know we won it in '69 just after we won promotion. (I was there)

I assume you are thinking of a later year though.

Old 28-10-2019, 03:13 PM

wighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Try this.

Thanks for that, I have forwarded it down under
Old 28-10-2019, 04:55 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
Not objecting, just thought it a bit random and no need for him to be in what is a fantastic trip down memory lane for older supporters and a history lesson for those younger supporters of today. As someone else commented, maybe he funded or some such so got a part, like George Harrison in Life of Brian.
Or maybe it's a great story that someone who experienced that period is now part owner and co chairman of the club?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or maybe it's a great story that someone who experienced that period is now part owner and co chairman of the club?
Was exactly what I thought. Some people will always look to bash

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 28-10-2019, 05:14 PM

mystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemystery_man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well that was a wonderful watch. It was all before my time (started supporting in about 91). A good lesson in our wonderful club's history for me. A lot of it I never knew. Quite jealous of those there to see it in the flesh.
Palace finish 11th
Brighton finish 18th
Old 28-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlaws Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fantastic viewing. Brilliant time to be a Palace fan. I was lucky enough to see 100 odd games 1977 - 1980 and really felt part of something special.

Remember some of the more obscure moments too.

Thanks to all concerned
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 28-10-2019, 08:43 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Great watch. Always a special occasion when Kenny Sansom gets dressed.
Old 28-10-2019, 08:58 PM

DiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant and reminded me why I have been Palace for over 40 years.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:04 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Even though I started supporting Palace in 1995, I really enjoyed watching it.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:14 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
What a great film! I missed the away Cup games against Sunderland and Leeds but was at most of the other ones featured or mentioned including the two Youth Cup finals (no mention of Terry Fenwick in the film ) and the reserve game which Ian Evans talks about. The Orient away game was special.
It's amazing to think how fashionable we were even in the 3rd division, and all this before Internet existed. The away trips on the "specials" were always fun trips and going to grounds like Aldershot (on Boxing Day one year, I think), Colchester, Cambridge and Luton was always a laugh.
Other thoughts: the pitches in those days were in a terrible state and the goalkeepers let in some very soft goals at times.
And as someone else said it was a shame there was no Billy Gilbert in the film and no Jerry Murphy who was one of my favourites at the time.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Just watched it. Brought back some great memories. Was a fantastic time to support the club and such a brilliant team. Hardly missed a home match in the year we got promoted and the season after. The Burnley match and the Orient away game in our promotion season will live in the memory forever. I have to thank my father (RIP), although always a Chelsea fan but had a huge fondness for Palace for taking me to those games and giving me the Palace bug. Shame it all went tits up but that's Palace for you!

Last edited by Big Gav; 28-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:20 PM

asus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietasus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
- unless I missed it, the film didn't seem to mention the origin of the name "team of the 80s". It was Ron greenwood I believe.
- at the time no one I knew took the term as seriously as the film does
- amazing how soon it was over.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:33 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by asus View Post
- unless I missed it, the film didn't seem to mention the origin of the name "team of the 80s". It was Ron greenwood I believe.
- at the time no one I knew took the term as seriously as the film does
- amazing how soon it was over.
I thought it was the Daily Mail.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:35 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
What a great film! I missed the away Cup games against Sunderland and Leeds but was at most of the other ones featured or mentioned including the two Youth Cup finals (no mention of Terry Fenwick in the film ) and the reserve game which Ian Evans talks about. The Orient away game was special.
It's amazing to think how fashionable we were even in the 3rd division, and all this before Internet existed. The away trips on the "specials" were always fun trips and going to grounds like Aldershot (on Boxing Day one year, I think), Colchester, Cambridge and Luton was always a laugh.
Other thoughts: the pitches in those days were in a terrible state and the goalkeepers let in some very soft goals at times.
And as someone else said it was a shame there was no Billy Gilbert in the film and no Jerry Murphy who was one of my favourites at the time.
Murphy was always my favourite.

I remember the Aldershot game. I think it was during the Winter of Discontent when the firemen went on strike.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:52 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Great limbs at the orient game. Never seen scenes like it.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:54 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
A great film and brought it all back, an incredible journey 76 to 81 and just crazy how we let in all implode. It all started unravelling when we sold our best player to Arsenal, something we repeated in 1992 which is probably why we've been so reluctant to do it again.

It was so nice to see some magical old footage of some truly memorable games, Wrexham, Leeds, Chelsea, Sunderland, Burnley, numerous v Brighton, Ipswich and what a team we had.