Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
All of those who talk of "trespass" by the woman in red inside a Tory dinner venue, should also reflect on this aspect of the law:

"Trespass to the person
Trespass to the person can also take three forms: assault, battery and false imprisonment.

Assault is where the defendant acts in a way that the claimant is put in fear of violence. It’s important to note that there is no requirement for punches need to be thrown. This has been established in case law, specifically R v Costanza 1997, whereby the defendant sent 800 threatening letters, followed the victim home, wrote offensive words on her front door and stole items from her washing line. This resulted in the claimant suffering from clinical depression and the defendant was charged with ABH under the Offences Against the Person Act 1861. Assault is justified in situations of self-defence and also in a sport such as boxing, where consent is present."

It seems that the allegation of trespass on here, could be the wrong way round.
So if I decide to come into your living room and jump around on your sofa and insult your wife and you threaten me then you are guilty and I am not ? Is that what you think ?

The common law approach as expressed in Palmer v R is also relevant to the application of section 3 Criminal Law Act 1967:
"A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 21-06-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 21-06-2019, 05:46 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
So if I decide to come into your living room and jump around on your sofa and insult your wife and you threaten me then you are guilty and I am not ? Is that what you think ?
The woman was walking past and ignoring Field, wearing a red dress and a Greenpeace sash. If you walked past my living room wearing a red dress and a Greenpeace sash, and I suddenly grabbed you and pushed you up against a wall, before holding your arm and neck in a vice like grip and then forced you to walk up my road, then yes I am guilty of assault and personal trespass.

However, if you decided to come into my living room, jumped on my sofa, insulted my wife, then I carried out actions in the above scenario described, no, I would not be guilty, it would be simple self defence from a direct threat to me and my wife.
Old 21-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
The woman was walking past and ignoring Field, wearing a red dress and a Greenpeace sash. If you walked past my living room wearing a red dress and a Greenpeace sash, and I suddenly grabbed you and pushed you up against a wall, before holding your arm and neck in a vice like grip and then forced you to walk up my road, then yes I am guilty of assault and personal trespass.

However, if you decided to come into my living room, jumped on my sofa, insulted my wife, then I carried out actions in the above scenario described, no, I would not be guilty, it would be simple self defence from a direct threat to me and my wife.
Walk past your living room not in it.

Vice like grip get real and he is not even holding her arm

The common law approach as expressed in Palmer v R is also relevant to the application of section 3 Criminal Law Act 1967:

"A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 21-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
She should not have been in that venue and I have no doubt that if it had been a 16 stone bloke the politician would not have put his hands round his neck.

I assume rightly or wrongly that this is the same crew who interrupted parliament a while back with the low standard strip tease show?

I have politicians well below estate agents and used car salesmen in terms of importance or prestige but if nothing else it shows that security levels deserve a bit of work!
Old 21-06-2019, 05:53 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Walk past your living room not in it.
No, you have used the inappropriate living room term, not me. Change the "living room" to "SE25 exile", then that is the correct and meaningful analogy.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
No, you have used the inappropriate living room term, not me. Change the "living room" to "SE25 exile", then that is the correct and meaningful analogy.
No I am using your living room in comparison to a private room I have just watched this again and I am right no vice like grip and no violence.

Old 21-06-2019, 06:14 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
People obviously disagree on the law.

But surely we all know that he’s an arrogant Tory that enjoyed roughing up a woman while grabbing her breast and neck. Right old wrongun.

Look at that look on his face. I think he might have cum in his y fronts in premature ejaculation. Bet he had to dab his trousers down with a Ritz napkin.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:15 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
The ritz and a living room lol
Old 21-06-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
No I am using your living room in comparison to a private room I have just watched this again and I am right no vice like grip and no violence.
I know what you are doing. The venue is not important. We are talking about alleged illegal action against one person by another. The aggressor was not threatened directly by the woman, as she was ignoring him. He decided to "act on instincts" without thought and consideration, and has "apologised" and in addition reported himself to the cabinet office. He knows he acted aggressively and recklessly, and feels guilty enough personally, if not legally, to remedy the matter as quoted. You are defending the indefensible, and even Mark Field himself, is ahead of you.

The woman in red has graciously decided not to take the matter any further, and Field is a lucky guy, when you consider the man who got a £3000 fine and community service, for staining Farage's suit with milk.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:25 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
People obviously disagree on the law.

But surely we all know that heís an arrogant Tory that enjoyed roughing up a woman while grabbing her breast and neck. Right old wrongun.

Look at that look on his face. I think he might have cum in his y fronts in premature ejaculation. Bet he had to dab his trousers down with a Ritz napkin.
Ffs. Are you that desperate to score points ? You seriously think he had time to plan to grab her tits on purpose ? . You are coming across as a child on this cr.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 21-06-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Ffs. Are you that desperate to score points ? You seriously think he had time to plan to grab her tits on purpose ? . You are coming across as a child on this cr.
Chill out itís Friday.

Yeap thing the blokes a total wrongun.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Chill out itís Friday.

Yeap thing the blokes a total wrongun.
Katie Hopkins backing him must have been the final nail in his coffin
Old 21-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know what you are doing. The venue is not important. We are talking about alleged illegal action against one person by another. The aggressor was not threatened directly by the woman, as she was ignoring him. He decided to "act on instincts" without thought and consideration, and has "apologised" and in addition reported himself to the cabinet office. He knows he acted aggressively and recklessly, and feels guilty enough personally, if not legally, to remedy the matter as quoted. You are defending the indefensible, and even Mark Field himself, is ahead of you.

The woman in red has graciously decided not to take the matter any further, and Field is a lucky guy, when you consider the man who got a £3000 fine and community service, for staining Farage's suit with milk.
Both reports I just read said Crowther, who pleaded guilty by the way, paid around £500. £200 of which was to replace the microphone that was on Farageís suit at the time.

The 2 cases arenít the same at all. And Field doesnít have to feel personally in danger in order to stop the protestor, because under the law you can use Ďreasonable forceí if you feel that someone else might be danger. The law also recognises that you might not be aware of all the facts at the time that you took action and you are not necessarily guilty of assault if later on it becomes clearer that the person wasnít a threat after all.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
She's a hero in the Guardian now.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:48 PM

Gyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Itís a complete non story IMHO. He did nothing wrong. In fact he stepped up to the plate when everyone else was just sitting there.
I agree. Didn't see anything wrong with it. If she'd pulled out a knife he'd be a hero.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:52 PM

The only person who nearly pulled something out was Field. As he wanted to beat one off when sitting down.

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
With the increased risks these days from extremists of all persuasions security has to be tightened and risks cannot be taken.
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:

The woman was trespassing she was in a place she was not invited or entitled to be therefore the people who have the legal right to be there have the legal right to remove her using necessary force. This I believe puts it close but not identical to living room sceniario.

The milkshake is totally different Farage was in a place he was legally entitled to be in and he was attacked by someone because they disagreed with his views no question here you throw a milkshake over someone itís an offence and deserves punishment, though I have little doubt that the punishment even if the prosecution took place would be lesss had it been to you or me.

John Prescott had an egg thrown at him he instinctively turned round and decked the guy donít like Prescott but this was the right thing to do.

If someone had stopped the guy getting near Jo Cox she would still be alive.

As I have said before on this thread if there is a risk you need to treat it as best you can regardless of whether itís a 6 foot guy or a 8 stone girl you may choose not to be as heavy handed but only if you think you can remove the risk.

As for her not pressing charges you may not be aware but in the UK a person can not press charges it is up to the police and CPS to decide if it is in the public interest and if there is a likely chance of successful prosecution the victim has no say in this process.

Of course you can have a private prosecution for a criminal offence but this can only be given if you can prove the above to a magistrates court and letís face it she should not have been where she was and even the hardiest political opponent would struggle to say that anything above reasonable force was used.

Old 21-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:

He is not actually get fined at all he had to pay £350 in compensation and costs which I think is fair and 150 hours of community service which I think is harsh.

Old 21-06-2019, 07:05 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The issue is not the right to protest. It is the non-existing right to disrupt private functions on private property.
Personal belief, the right to protest should cover spoke 'private spaces'. Such as private events like thesr. If protest is just limited to approved spaces it loses it power. This for me is exemplified by feminists at miss world technically it's trespass but protest to be effective it needs to be inconvenient. Personal belief mind