Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 15-09-2019, 07:18 PM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
what an advantage it was to bat first
what an advantage it is to win 4 tosses out out 5
winning 4 tosses is one hell of an advantage
a massive advantage nonetheless
a big advantage
So Si, tell us what you really think?

Old 15-09-2019, 07:20 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Superb series two pretty awful batting sides (except one bloke!) but two top bowling units, but Cummins and Hazlewood have been exceptional. Relentless throughout all 5 tests so fair play to them

Agree - but Hazlewood only played four tests!
Old 15-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Really? I have no issue with them being women, but they're a bit dry.
Who not go "I'm not sexist but..." Only joking.... but only just ☺.

For those who watch on Sky however the good news is the farewell of Gower and Botham. Much as I loved Gower the plane flying debonair left hander who was definately the finest classical batsman I ever saw, his sniggling laugh in his latter commentating days became increasingly irritating. As for Botham, another of my childhood heroes, he had increasingly become a latter day Freddie Truman. In a way sad to see them go but time for something else. In commentating terms Bumble's Tommy Cooper impression morphing into "Suits you" was pretty much a classic.
Old 15-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Ben Stokes for sports personality of the year?
Bit late on that call I should imagine.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 15-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Good experience today. Wade got the clap from me, great innings from him.
EFA
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Old 15-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Who are pretty good - Ebony & Isa excellent on TMS.
Never said they weren't. Certainly better than boycott and Vaughan.

Quote:
Old 15-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Really? I have no issue with them being women, but they're a bit dry.
Vaseline?

Quote:
Old 15-09-2019, 08:12 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Great summer of cricket. Really wish I was going to Cape Town in January for the Newlands Test.

Oh, hold on a minute....
Old 15-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Who are pretty good - Ebony & Isa excellent on TMS.
Isa in particular is very good. Both on TMS and Sky

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 15-09-2019, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Yep, very enjoyable series for the most part. Both teams flaws meant there was never a dull session and was always hard to predict.

I too will miss the cricket for a few months now but I love tournament sport and the rugby gets under way next weekend. I prefer cricket but it's all good.
Old 15-09-2019, 10:05 PM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
We would have won at Lords if it wasn't for the weather. So, although the Aussies had the edge with one batter and a slightly better bowling attack, England should have the series 3-2
Yeah and pigs might fly.
Overall a good series all round 2-2,
COYP
Old 15-09-2019, 10:09 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Thatís the end of Channel 5ís coverage of cricket highlights. Itís moving to the BBC in 2020.
I liked the Channel 5 highlights although it was a pity they dropped Simon Hughes.
Old 16-09-2019, 01:47 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know you're all hanging out for some stats from the series,

Warner made 95 runs, Smith hit 92 boundaries.
Warner faced 169 balls, Leach 168.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:37 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Do the BBS actually like any sports related commentator/presenter?

I'll certainly miss Botham and Gower, particularly the latter. He is a superb presenter and I'm surprised that Sky have dropped him. I hope that TMS snap him up, but seeing as he isn't a gender fluid lesbian, it's unlikely that the BBC will be keen
Old 16-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I heard about Sky dropping Gower and Botham. Has any reason been given ? Assuming they are trying to keep it relevant ?

I like Gower but I think Botham is a bit of a dick really. Loves himself a bit too much. And wtf was he wearing yesterday? Scruffy fvcker
Old 16-09-2019, 06:50 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm guessing the likes of Key, Butcher and Knight, who do a lot of the domestic stuff, may do some more commentary on the Tests. Also Trescothick, who does a lot of the T20 stuff, is retiring from playing at the end of this season, so maybe he will be used by Sky, more ?
Personally, I would love to see the return of Bob Willis, to the commentary box, happy soul that he is !!
Old 16-09-2019, 06:53 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I heard about Sky dropping Gower and Botham. Has any reason been given ? Assuming they are trying to keep it relevant ?

I like Gower but I think Botham is a bit of a dick really. Loves himself a bit too much. And wtf was he wearing yesterday? Scruffy fvcker
I never really took to Botham either once he stopped playing. I noticed his words seemed to have more slur each time I saw him, so much so I wondered if he propped up the bar in all the excitement (having said that, hope there wasn't a health issue).
Old 16-09-2019, 06:54 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

I think Botham might have been saying "Well F*ck You" to Sky by dressing like that, no other reason really as he normally appears in formal dress.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:57 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
I'm guessing the likes of Key, Butcher and Knight, who do a lot of the domestic stuff, may do some more commentary on the Tests. Also Trescothick, who does a lot of the T20 stuff, is retiring from playing at the end of this season, so maybe he will be used by Sky, more ?
Personally, I would love to see the return of Bob Willis, to the commentary box, happy soul that he is !!
They will never use Bob Willis, because he says it as it is the only one who does, no pussy footing around with Bob
Old 16-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
I think Botham might have been saying "Well F*ck You" to Sky by dressing like that, no other reason really as he normally appears in formal dress.
Not in this series he hasn't. Seen him in jeans many times

Sky should have told him to do one