Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
I don't really see how introducing more women for the sake of it helps anybody at all. It actually just makes matters worse because they end up being ridiculed.

Whatever happened to giving the job to those who actually deserve it?
I've not followed that much of the Sky coverage this summer, so can't comment on their commentators/presenters, but the women on TMS have been excellent. Is it possible that you are ever so slightly sexist?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-09-2019, 01:54 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Who said they were being replaced by women?

Anyway, the one woman currently on Sky, Isa Guha, is excellent
Several news sites and articles have inferred it.
Old 16-09-2019, 01:55 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I've not followed that much of the Sky coverage this summer, so can't comment on their commentators/presenters, but the women on TMS have been excellent. Is it possible that you are ever so slightly sexist?
... I'm not sexist at all. I couldn't care less who does the job as long as they are the right person for it. Changing people with the sole goal of filling quotas is wrong though.

But thanks for the accusation anyway
Old 16-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Ian 'Beefy' Botham is a twat, and repeatedly called Jofra Archer 'Jofrey'. He isn't exactly the pinnacle of journalism. Absolutely no problem with him being given the elbow.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 16-09-2019, 02:02 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Maybe he's just a big fan of GoT? I expect he would've mentioned that this is the last test because winter is coming?
Old 16-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
... I'm not sexist at all. I couldn't care less who does the job as long as they are the right person for it. Changing people with the sole goal of filling quotas is wrong though.

But thanks for the accusation anyway
Maybe if you had any actual evidence that any women Sky were going to employ were going to 'ridiculed' (and that that would be because they were poor, not just as a result of sexism) then I wouldn't have asked the question.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 16-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Incidentally, I doubt any news sites or articles inferred it. You (and others) may have inferred it from what they said; but they (if they did) will have implied it.

Old 16-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't really see how introducing more women for the sake of it helps anybody at all. It actually just makes matters worse because they end up being ridiculed.

Whatever happened to giving the job to those who actually deserve it?
I wrote about breaking up the old boys network... not necessarily about introducing women?

I too think the job should go to those who deserve it and would actually prefer to see more journalists and fewer ex players given a chance.

Cricket wanker.
Old 16-09-2019, 02:38 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I wrote about breaking up the old boys network... not necessarily about introducing women?

I too think the job should go to those who deserve it and would actually prefer to see more journalists and fewer ex players given a chance.
Alison Mitchell is a good example of this

Old 16-09-2019, 02:39 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Well done to the English for their performance in 5th Test. Too good, albeit in a match that only held something for one team.
surely being the first aussie team to win here in 18 years is something worth aiming for....
Old 16-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
surely being the first aussie team to win here in 18 years is something worth aiming for....
...and I would have thought the Aussies would have loved to have won the Ashes outright, rather than ‘just’ retain them? They’re a competitive bunch for sure.
Old 16-09-2019, 03:32 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have Sky named the replacements yet?
Old 16-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
What's wrong with being sexy?
Old 16-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
What's wrong with being sexy?
It's a curse, I tell you, a curse.

Old 16-09-2019, 06:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Elizabeth Ammon?
Old 16-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Alison Mitchell is a good example of this
Agreed.

Cricket wanker.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Elizabeth Ammon?
Haven’t heard enough to be honest.

Cricket wanker.
Old 16-09-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Elizabeth Ammon?
Remind me again why she left the BBS?

Old 16-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
The female cricket commentators/ pundits are far better than any of the football ones
Old 16-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
The female cricket commentators/ pundits are far better than any of the football ones
Alison Mitchell is excellent on Test Match Special. Isa Guha is relatively new so a bit too early to tell but seems pretty good so far. These women genuinely know cricket. Some of the female Sky (football) match reporters are also clearly knowledgeable and hence fine. What lets it all down are the ones in the studio who are brought in for their looks who clearly know very little about football.