Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-12-2020, 04:52 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
After the incident at Millwall, an anonymous poll to see who would or wouldn't boo the "Taking a knee" that happens before kick off. I personally wouldn't boo, but I understand it's a touchy subject.

sorry I screwed up the poll
You are reaching supersonic levels of Weed c*ntery.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissayy View Post
You've clearly never lived somewhere genuinely tolerant as you would never make that statement if you had.
Where is ‘genuinely tolerant’ in the world out of interest if you are comparing it to the UK?
Old 11-12-2020, 08:31 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
What ever the pros and cons, I think it's lost its' effectiveness now
Old 11-12-2020, 09:08 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I don’t. You’re still talking about it. All the while that happens it’s still working which is great.

Last edited by Hpalace; 11-12-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:17 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
If you're protesting against people protesting against racism... just take a moment and think through your position
Old 11-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
I don’t. You’re still talking about it. All the while that happens it’s still working which is great.
Is the continued 'taking the knee' an effective way to promote equality for all? That is debatable.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:36 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Is the continued 'taking the knee' an effective way to promote equality for all? That is debatable.
Your question does suggest that you think inequality continues to be an issue. What ways do you suggest that would reduce it more quickly than 'taking the knee'?
Old 11-12-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
Your question does suggest that you think inequality continues to be an issue. What ways do you suggest that would reduce it more quickly than 'taking the knee'?
I kind of agree with the QPR management on taking the knee.

A very good way to address inequality is to give everyone a fair chance - for example at job interviews
Old 11-12-2020, 09:43 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I kind of agree with the QPR management on taking the knee.

A very good way to address inequality is to give everyone a fair chance - for example at job interviews
What's wrong with job interviews?
Old 11-12-2020, 09:46 PM

QPR statement on taking the knee ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-12-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
What's wrong with job interviews?
Sometimes not everyone is given a fair chance of getting a job
Old 11-12-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
QPR statement on taking the knee ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
It is a considered position and one I respect -it says 'taking the knee will not bring about change in the game - actions will'.

But if you are supportive of the stance you will be clear about the actions that are needed
Old 11-12-2020, 10:13 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s flushing out the racists which is always a good place to start.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:33 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
In what way? How was it more effective before?
Old 12-12-2020, 12:18 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
What changes would people like to see?
How can these changes be brought about?

Kneeling is a gesture of solidarity, but how do you go about initiating the former?
Old 12-12-2020, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
What changes would people like to see?
How can these changes be brought about?

Kneeling is a gesture of solidarity, but how do you go about initiating the former?
It’s not just solidarity. It’s also black pride and defiance.

Given that the answer is so obvious I’m wondering why you’re asking? When racism stops the protest against racism stops. Until then the protests carry on. This is really obvious shit.

Last edited by Hpalace; 12-12-2020 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:16 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
No.

Wide open, from the crotch to the knee.

Its got a bit of Labrador shit in it too.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:34 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
I can see where Louis is coming from to some extent. Anyone remember why they implemented all that filing past eachother, shaking hands prior to games? It was a fairplay thing. So, they do all the pre-match posturing and then spend the next 95 minutes trying to cheat their way to a win with fouls, dives etc

I acknowledge the gesture but I actually think it would be more effective if it wasn't so orchestrated. The incident in the PSG/Basaksehir game was a powerful and effective statement.
Old 13-12-2020, 07:22 AM
عضو النسور

Bo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, I would.

I wouldn’t boo Kick It Out or anything else like that. As far as I can see though, Black Lives Matter is a pretty racist hate group. Why would anyone support it?

The line of “they aren’t supporting the organisation” is also rather disingenuous. If they are not supporting the organisation then do something that isn’t associated with it.

I’m completely opposed to racism which is why I am opposed to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Old 13-12-2020, 09:12 AM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles View Post
Yes, I would.

I wouldn’t boo Kick It Out or anything else like that. As far as I can see though, Black Lives Matter is a pretty racist hate group. Why would anyone support it?

The line of “they aren’t supporting the organisation” is also rather disingenuous. If they are not supporting the organisation then do something that isn’t associated with it.

I’m completely opposed to racism which is why I am opposed to the Black Lives Matter movement.
I dont see how booing the players will help, out or respect to people who are not political and dont see taking the knee as anything but an anti racist thing i would not boo.