Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-12-2020, 09:18 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles View Post
Yes, I would.

I wouldnít boo Kick It Out or anything else like that. As far as I can see though, Black Lives Matter is a pretty racist hate group. Why would anyone support it?

The line of ďthey arenít supporting the organisationĒ is also rather disingenuous. If they are not supporting the organisation then do something that isnít associated with it.

Iím completely opposed to racism which is why I am opposed to the Black Lives Matter movement.
In what way is BLM a pretty racist hate group?
Old 13-12-2020, 09:34 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Imagine booing about 2/3rds of our starting 11 are black and the entire frontline. You'd have to be some sort of **** to let your racism override your support for our players. Infact you wouldn't be a palace supporter **** off to millwall
Old 13-12-2020, 09:36 AM
Probationary User

Danny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses grow
I’d be half tempted to boo.

But am I against black people? No.

Am I against the political agenda and the way BLM are represented. Yes.

My family died in the war, unfortunately one doesn’t have a grave stone or plot to remember him by. So the Cenotaph and that proud Union Jack flag is where he is remembered. Idiots graffitiing and burning statues and flags are an absolute disgrace.

BLM hasn’t helped equality at all, all it has done is caused a wedge and pushed racial divide back by 20 years.
Old 13-12-2020, 09:41 AM

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Dryer View Post
Iíd be half tempted to boo.

My family died in the war, unfortunately one doesnít have a grave stone or plot to remember him by. So the Cenotaph and that proud Union Jack flag is where he is remembered. Idiots graffitiing and burning statues and flags are an absolute disgrace.

BLM hasnít helped equality at all, all it has done is caused a wedge and pushed racial divide back by 20 years.
The only divide its caused is between racists and the rest of us
Old 13-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Probationary User

Danny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses growDanny Dryer knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Totally Disagree.

A way to end divide is respect. Respect is gained and no one cares what colour, religion or what you look like, as long as respect is there.

Causing damage or offence to either race colour or religion loses respect and tension divides then happen.
Old 13-12-2020, 09:56 AM

When black lives matter in every walk of society respect will a natural biproduct of that. booing players who are showing solidarity with that goal is showing no respect and no support.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:02 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Is taking a knee support of BLM? I thought it was just a signal of quest for equality.

I donít know enough about the inner workings of BLM to support or be against it. Iíve seen bits on twitter and some tweets that could be seen as antisemitic... but I am 100% certain that a racists set up BLM twitter accounts and tweet shit to make BLM look bad.

What better way to be against BLM than tweet something like ... we hate Jews/whites while pretending to be BLM supporter

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its a division between racists a division between anti racists who are racists. BLM leadership and i would add Show Racism the Red Card funded in part by Unite and Len. Both whose antisemitism and antisemetuc statements just further division. The bloody shame is that i believe we have moved we have a generational shift that despises racism. Grown up within the multi cultural country we are that sees beyond the racism of the past. Yet others are using it politically. Nothing new the history shows that has happened time and again.
The hope is that at least now there is more awareness that the anti racist movement is being persued by taken on by people far more concerned for the message than the political use of the message.
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is hereHeath eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What a ridiculous comment

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iíd be half tempted to boo.

My family died in the war, unfortunately one doesnít have a grave stone or plot to remember him by. So the Cenotaph and that proud Union Jack flag is where he is remembered. Idiots graffitiing and burning statues and flags are an absolute disgrace.

BLM hasnít helped equality at all, all it has done is caused a wedge and pushed racial divide back by 20 years.
You would boo our star players taking the knee to make a point that black lives are as equally as important as your life?

Thatís a bit *******.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:03 AM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

A way to end divide is respect.
But when the black players we cheer on week after week decide to make a statement by taking the knee you think it's OK to defend booing them.

I think we have very different definitions of 'respect'.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:05 AM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Totally Disagree.

Respect is gained and no one cares what colour, religion or what you look like, as long as respect is there.
Don't you think Wilf, Andros, etc have done enough to gain our respect?
Old 13-12-2020, 10:11 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Anyone who sees the racist abuse Zaha has to put up with on social media for the crime of being black and good at football, and then decides to boo him when he makes a gesture to highlight the issue... really needs to have a word with themselves.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:14 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
So if I've got this right...if only black people had shown more respect to white over the past few centuries, our society would be much fairer and more equal than it is today. I imagine that's how Nelson Mandela and the ANC were eventually able to overthrow apartheid then.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Probationary User

Having read some of the comments.

I said that I would be half tempted to boo, this is because I’m against the political agenda of BLM. Would I boo? No because I have respect for the black players in our team and understand they may feel differently.

I’ve also noticed that people have brushed past the reason why I am against it because of personal history and the damage BLM have caused and just gone on to the racist side of things. - that’s far enough. People have their opinions.

I believe political issues shouldn’t be involved with football when football is a game for all. I say scrap the knee because we already have organisations in football like Kick It Out who are doing a great job as it is. Football has come along way over the last 20-30 years and to see all that work undone due to a political stance would be damaging.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
People seem to be implying that the players taking a knee and using the words "black lives matter" to protest racism as some sort of complete and utter endorsement of the "offical" BLM organisation and everything it has ever done, everything done in its name, and everything it stands for.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Having read some of the comments.

I said that I would be half tempted to boo, this is because Iím against the political agenda of BLM. Would I boo? No because I have respect for the black players in our team and understand they may feel differently.

Iíve also noticed that people have brushed past the reason why I am against it because of personal history and the damage BLM have caused and just gone on to the racist side of things. - thatís far enough. People have their opinions.

I believe political issues shouldnít be involved with football when football is a game for all. I say scrap the knee because we already have organisations in football like Kick It Out who are doing a great job as it is. Football has come along way over the last 20-30 years and to see all that work undone due to a political stance would be damaging.
Having read your comments, it appears you are a racist using politics to try and pretend you are not.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 13-12-2020, 10:43 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
People seem to be implying that the players taking a knee and using the words "black lives matter" to protest racism as some sort of complete and utter endorsement of the "offical" BLM organisation and everything it has ever done, everything done in its name, and everything it stands for.

I think itís what racists use as ďplausible excuseĒ.

Like when racists pretend to be pro woman rights when they tell people they donít like Islam
Old 13-12-2020, 10:44 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
No. Only a ******* idiot would.
Old 13-12-2020, 10:48 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think it’s what racists use as “plausible excuse”.

Like when racists pretend to be pro woman rights when they tell people they don’t like Islam
Hang on. I don't like Islam. I don't like christianity either - not a fan of any religion. And not really for debate here, but it is certainly a valid argument to claim that Islam subjugates women. One that I would probably support to be honest. Not just women either: gay people. Not all islam, wahabiism is a particularly nasty version. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't respect people's beliefs and protect their right to hold them. Unless of course those beliefs impinge on the liberty and safety of others.

Last edited by TWELLSEagle; 13-12-2020 at 10:55 AM.