Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-12-2019, 10:31 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Irreversible dirty mark against English football fans if this was fake

This will have made news abroad so we’ll all be tarred
I genuinely, thought... wow, surely they'll be found. Singled out by the people around them. Although someone on their own might not speak-up, they'll report the seat number afterwards....

I've been to over 45 grounds, and never heard anything like that.... been going since the early 90's. If it was a problem - like homophobia which we've heard plenty. I would have heard it, am sure.

I hope it did happen and that this isn't a false alarm, for the above reason. If he can hear it on the pitch - then others in the stand will have - and other players. (think he was pointing behind the goal)
Old 24-12-2019, 10:32 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
A guy I used to play football with was at the Spurs V Chelsea game. He is a mixed race fella and he didn’t hear a thing. He did say they had a chant of “who let the Yids out”. This chant is a variation of “who let the dogs out”.
It goes....
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who.”
“Who let the yids out?”
“Who, who, who, who”.

He thinks the bit where they sing “who, who, who, who” was mistaken for monkey chants.

(Ya need to know the original song to understand)
I heard another Spurs fan speculate that he may have mistaken chants of cheat, cheat, cheat.

As much as I hate Spurs, I am sure there would be Spurs fans close by who would later say ' I heard the chants' (and was disgusted by them).

Am sure that would be the case at Palace and Arsenal (although maybe not at Chelsea, West Ham or Millwall)

Have any Spurs fans said they heard the chants?
Old 24-12-2019, 10:39 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
You are an idiot.
A well-argued, incisive counter point. Who can resist such argument, laden with facts and dexterity of text - not too mention the deep ocean-swell of Christmas goodwill.
Old 24-12-2019, 10:56 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by I H8 CWEED View Post
Because that’s not racist at all is it?

Stop being a moron... it’s Christmas Eve.
Old 24-12-2019, 10:59 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It doesn't make it ok, but I would doubt that Rudiger would take offence to a song about Jewish people unless he did indeed mishear it.

But besides that, is Spurs and Yids a clear cut area? Are some/most of the people singing the word Yid of Jewish background? And if so, does that mean they are being racist? I don't know the answer to that.

Some don’t mind it, some don’t like it. I’m guessing they have suffered some Jew based abuse, and feel like they’re taking control by using the term “Yid”. Bit like the hippity hoppity performers using the “N word”.
Old 24-12-2019, 11:01 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I heard another Spurs fan speculate that he may have mistaken chants of cheat, cheat, cheat.

As much as I hate Spurs, I am sure there would be Spurs fans close by who would later say ' I heard the chants' (and was disgusted by them).

Am sure that would be the case at Palace and Arsenal (although maybe not at Chelsea, West Ham or Millwall)

Have any Spurs fans said they heard the chants?

Its easy to mishear a chant... I’ve got words to chants wrong countless times... I thought Ron Noades wife was a bore.
Old 24-12-2019, 11:29 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
'We know you're shagging your mum'
Old 24-12-2019, 11:53 AM
sleep chaser

I mishear things all the time.
I genuinely thought the saying “the feeling is mutual” was in fact “the feeling is neutral”. I only discovered the truth recently.

The song “le freak” by chic

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I thought they were singing “Africa”

Listen to the first lines of the song and tell me you don’t hear “Africa”
Old 24-12-2019, 12:03 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I mishear things all the time.
I genuinely thought the saying “the feeling is mutual” was in fact “the feeling is neutral”. I only discovered the truth recently.

The song “le freak” by chic

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I thought they were singing “Africa”

Listen to the first lines of the song and tell me you don’t hear “Africa”
No, I really don’t. I'd be curious if anyone else agrees with you, I’ve never heard that one before.
Old 24-12-2019, 12:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Is everyone avoiding the simple fact that Brexit and its enablers in the Tories and other right wing parties has encouraged the previously defeated and marginalised racists?
Huge spike around the EU referendum leave campaign, and big increases year by year ever since.

Old 24-12-2019, 12:54 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I personally think it's to do with the issue of reporting it rather than it all of a sudden happening.... It's co-incidental, as that chart shows the start of the decrease in 'homophobic' chants at Selhurst too, from memory-wise.

I see the increases all proportionally as well. Brexit and disability abuse....?
Old 24-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I personally think it's to do with the issue of reporting it rather than it all of a sudden happening.... It's co-incidental, as that chart shows the start of the decrease in 'homophobic' chants at Selhurst too, from memory-wise.

I see the increases all proportionally as well. Brexit and disability abuse....?
It’s not all Brexit, the government plays a part too, and their treatment of the disabled has been abhorrent. Even the UN criticised them for it iirc. I’d also assume that racists are more likely to be anti disabled, anti-Semitic/islamophobic etc than a non racist is, for fairly obvious reasons that shouldn’t need to be explained. So emboldening and giving a racist confidence would make them more likely to dish out other hate crimes too.

I think you’d have to bury your head in the sand to think that a big increase in racist hate crime happening at the same time as a huge political campaign full of xenophobia is pure coincidence. This doesn’t mean all brexiteers are racist, or all reasons for leaving the EU are racist, but Farage, Tommy Robinson, the tabloids all used racism and xenophobia to push the leave cause. The fact that leave won further legitimises the bigotry.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 24-12-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 24-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Huge spike around the EU referendum leave campaign, and big increases year by year ever since.

Does this include antisemitism.....?
Old 24-12-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Does this include antisemitism.....?
Yes and the spike is mainly down to Corbyn secretly tooling up at night and going North to Hendon to commit GBH on any passing Jew.
Old 24-12-2019, 09:44 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I suspect (simply on the basis of the relative sizes of the results) it's in the race category, though it could be lumped into religious.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 24-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Ironically the only arrest so far was for a Chelsea fan towards Son.

Chelsea trying to take the moral high ground on racism was hilarious
I sat in the Matthew Harding fo4 the palace game last season it was like going back to the 80’s
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 26-12-2019, 06:21 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
On a train down to Three Bridges to work a night shift, the train was held at Gatwick. The driver announced that this was due to anti Semitic chanting on board the train. I wonder which particular team’s fans might be heading down to the Sussex coast after a disappointing defeat at Spurs?
Old 26-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
On a train down to Three Bridges to work a night shift, the train was held at Gatwick. The driver announced that this was due to anti Semitic chanting on board the train. I wonder which particular team’s fans might be heading down to the Sussex coast after a disappointing defeat at Spurs?

Labour?

*sorry
Old 26-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Racism in football

Some weird guy behind me kept shouting the same joke over and over. When a black player fouled another black player, he’d call the ref a racist. If a white player fouled a black player he’d shout something along the lines of “it’s because he’s white, ref” or something like that. The same guy normally shouts shit like “snap his legs” or “two foot him” etc.

What a cock.
Old 26-12-2019, 07:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Yes and the spike is mainly down to Corbyn secretly tooling up at night and going North to Hendon to commit GBH on any passing Jew.
It doesn’t matter now. He didn’t win. No need for more reporting.