Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-02-2020, 12:02 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I was referring to the Smith ‘handball’.
That was handball as well.
Old 23-02-2020, 01:05 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Wow, I watched the Bournemouth incidents about 5 times, (being a saddo that I am and having recorded MOTD)

The Billing handball I couldn't see clearly 100 percent beyond doubt where the ball hit him, but my best guess was shoulder (as Dyche said) not the part of the arm that is separated from the torso.

The other 'handball' is weird, his arm is definitely away from his body from the front it looks like it's hit the very very top of his bicep so is arguable arm not shoulder, but from behind it looks like shoulder.

There is NO way that the first one should have been called, it is most likely shoulder attached to torso and therefore not handball. Let alone clear and obvious handball.

The 2nd one is arguable forever as different camera angles give different answers. The one thing for sure though is it is not clear and obvious.

And I can't stand Bournemouth and Eddie Howe, I hope they go down, so I have no bias. But this could send them down, the very thing VAR was meant to get rid off.

VAR is ruining the game. That wasn't football as I know and want to see it. Let refs ref, have VAR for clear and obvious error only, bring in a margin of error for offside (or pick a body part to measure it from say the front part of the foot)

This is killing the game, and VAR decisions are not consistent
Old 23-02-2020, 01:39 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Wow, I watched the Bournemouth incidents about 5 times, (being a saddo that I am and having recorded MOTD)

The Billing handball I couldn't see clearly 100 percent beyond doubt where the ball hit him, but my best guess was shoulder (as Dyche said) not the part of the arm that is separated from the torso.

The other 'handball' is weird, his arm is definitely away from his body from the front it looks like it's hit the very very top of his bicep so is arguable arm not shoulder, but from behind it looks like shoulder.

There is NO way that the first one should have been called, it is most likely shoulder attached to torso and therefore not handball. Let alone clear and obvious handball.

The 2nd one is arguable forever as different camera angles give different answers. The one thing for sure though is it is not clear and obvious.

And I can't stand Bournemouth and Eddie Howe, I hope they go down, so I have no bias. But this could send them down, the very thing VAR was meant to get rid off.

VAR is ruining the game. That wasn't football as I know and want to see it. Let refs ref, have VAR for clear and obvious error only, bring in a margin of error for offside (or pick a body part to measure it from say the front part of the foot)

This is killing the game, and VAR decisions are not consistent
Fingers crossed, eh? The cynical side of me thinks that Bournemouth's previously snide fouling/holding at set pieces has had to stop & they are suffering accordingly.
Old 23-02-2020, 01:40 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I watched the Clowns v Luton game on Sky this morning where there was not VAR in operation and there were two awful decisions , one for each side, that really were wrong.
Old 23-02-2020, 07:06 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I thought one of the most basic principles of football was that unless you're the goalkeeper and in your own penalty area you can't handle the ball.

The Billing one was technically handball but not a clear and obvious error. The other one was stonewall.
Both were not clear and its why some of us say shoulder others say lower then shoulder so its not a clear mistake i bet you if the ref saw the replays he would have stayed with his decisions. Watford had a goal VARed and it was the right call a clear handball. Bournemouth were turned over not on your life would that have happened to Liverpool.
Old 23-02-2020, 07:19 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Both were not clear and its why some of us say shoulder others say lower then shoulder so its not a clear mistake i bet you if the ref saw the replays he would have stayed with his decisions. Watford had a goal VARed and it was the right call a clear handball. Bournemouth were turned over not on your life would that have happened to Liverpool.
I think people get the system confused with the clowns that view the incidents. They have forgotten the clear and obvious and I'm sure some are swayed by who the teams are. Maguire not being sent off last week and Ings not getting a pen at Anfield. The refs should view the incidents themselves as well. The 2nd handball incident at Butnley imo was a pen. He lost flight of ball and moved his arm to it. Clearly played it with his bicep. The first may have come off arm BUT as it was very inconclusive should have been let go. Didnt Liverpool get one where the ball was played forward off the top arm and not surprisingly the goal was still given In cricket if its inconclusive they go by on field umpire.itsxwhatvthey should have done at Burnley
Old 24-02-2020, 01:41 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that spurs player who stamped on the Chelsea player even got booked.

He was booked a few minutes later for something else. So he should have been sent off anyway.

Last edited by Bungalow; 24-02-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 24-02-2020, 02:46 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
I think people get the system confused with the clowns that view the incidents. They have forgotten the clear and obvious and I'm sure some are swayed by who the teams are. Maguire not being sent off last week and Ings not getting a pen at Anfield. The refs should view the incidents themselves as well. The 2nd handball incident at Butnley imo was a pen. He lost flight of ball and moved his arm to it. Clearly played it with his bicep. The first may have come off arm BUT as it was very inconclusive should have been let go. Didnt Liverpool get one where the ball was played forward off the top arm and not surprisingly the goal was still given In cricket if its inconclusive they go by on field umpire.itsxwhatvthey should have done at Burnley
I still cant see him touching the ball with his bicep he moved his arm to it for sure but it looked to hit him on the shoulder it was def not clear. I like VAR it just needs to be clear mistakes feel sorry for Bournemouth they were shafted i hope it does not cost them their place in the premier league.