Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 25-06-2017, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Guns N Roses were brilliant last weekend (we went to the Saturday show). Longest set I have ever seen - 2hrs 50 mins with no breaks.

Certainly worth the wait and one of the best shows I've ever seen. Such variety in their songs and many greats/ classics too.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Just back from Tinderbox festival in Denmark. Very well organised festival, really friendly atmosphere. We took the whole family, so 2x10 year olds and 2x14 year olds. They loved it.

Highlights were Kings of Leon, who were impeccable. Pet Shop Boys, who were professionalism personified. Die Antwoord, who were mental and awesome fun. Lemaitre, who were drunk and silly. Lukas Graham, who is massive over there (he's Danish) and is actually very good. Sean Paul, who knows how to work a crowd. Mų, who is a local girl, massively popular, and whilst not my kind of music was also really good. And some others who I forget for now.

The Killers were a disappointment - it's not that they were awful, but it just felt like they were going through the paces and at no point really let loose. I'd be interested to see what people thought of them at Glastonbury, where they went on to after Denmark, but I was very underwhelmed.
Old 26-06-2017, 06:28 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
The Killers were a disappointment - it's not that they were awful, but it just felt like they were going through the paces and at no point really let loose. I'd be interested to see what people thought of them at Glastonbury, where they went on to after Denmark, but I was very underwhelmed.
Interesting, only watched them on TV at Glastonbury, and don't usually like them much, but was blown away. My son was there and also thought they were brilliant. Have a look on iplayer.

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority
Old 26-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Interesting, only watched them on TV at Glastonbury, and don't usually like them much, but was blown away. My son was there and also thought they were brilliant. Have a look on iplayer.
Yeah, I'll watch them on iPlayer. Really did feel like a warm up for them and they didn't give it their all. By contrast, saw Suede warm up for Glasto at Bexhill last year and they were excellent.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:26 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't attend the final Maccabees shows on Friday - will let them go for less than face value if anyone wants them. PM if it's cool.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 27-06-2017, 09:40 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle View Post
Can't attend the final Maccabees shows on Friday - will let them go for less than face value if anyone wants them. PM if it's cool.
I'm already going. How many do you have? I might have a keen mate or two.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Lovely

Sounds like this review agreed with me re The Killers - at least based on Google Translate:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR5 Eagle View Post
I'm already going. How many do you have? I might have a keen mate or two.

2 tickets pal. Just want to get rid at this stage £60 for the pair.

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 28-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Elvana in Brighton on Friday.
Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute.
Amazing, one of the best gigs I've been to for yonks.

They're playing at Camp Bestival too, but I doubt it'll be as good. Needs to be in a small sweaty room.
Old 28-06-2017, 01:53 PM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Flaming Lips last night - an excellent show.
Old 28-06-2017, 02:05 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones_eagle View Post
2 tickets pal. Just want to get rid at this stage £60 for the pair.
Sorry just seen this have whatsapped them...

Will let you know this evening.
Old 28-06-2017, 04:17 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
Elvana in Brighton on Friday.
Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute.
Amazing, one of the best gigs I've been to for yonks.

They're playing at Camp Bestival too, but I doubt it'll be as good. Needs to be in a small sweaty room.
who plays Dave Grohl? A Michael Jackson impersonator?

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority
Old 29-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR5 Eagle View Post
Sorry just seen this have whatsapped them...

Will let you know this evening.

Any luck mate?

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 29-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Afraid not - sorry for messing you around...
Old 30-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhyteleafeeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seeing Ashcroft in Brixton 2morw night, haven't been to BRixton in a few years, any good pubs near the venue? Pls don't say the spoons

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 30-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Crown & Anchor on Brixton Road 5-10 minutes walk from the Academy. Plent of beer selection and decent food.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Going to a gig at Oslo in Hackney on Thursday night (the Legendary Shack Shakers), not been there before, what is it like as a venue? Worth getting there early for a bite to eat and a few beers or go somewhere else nearby and get to the venue in time for the gig?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:45 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Going to a gig at Oslo in Hackney on Thursday night (the Legendary Shack Shakers), not been there before, what is it like as a venue? Worth getting there early for a bite to eat and a few beers or go somewhere else nearby and get to the venue in time for the gig?
It's a nice place to drink (downstairs) before the gig. Not sure about the food!

The Cock Tavern just a few mins walk away has good beers on tap as well.

Cool venue though!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:28 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
It's a nice place to drink (downstairs) before the gig. Not sure about the food!

The Cock Tavern just a few mins walk away has good beers on tap as well.

Cool venue though!
Cheers, The Cock was where I was planning to go pre-gig, went there before Spurs game last season (or possibly season before), good pub.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Just got back from seeing Radiohead at rock Werchter, where I saw them for the first time 14 years ago. I'm still overcome with emotion having seen them there again after delivering my favorite gig ever all those years ago. Part of me thinks I should have left that memory alone, and the other part of me enjoyed some of the songs yesterday almost as much as I did back then. It's hard watching your favourite band age and hear Thom screech through some of the songs. Glastonbury which I only saw on the tele started off like that but got stronger as it progressed whereas Werchter was more of a mixed bag of some well sung songs and some not. Anyway the energy was still there and Radiohead are not hanging up their boots just yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 02-07-2017 at 03:31 AM.