Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-03-2019, 05:12 AM

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
New album confirmed. I'm guessing they will play it on their "special night". Still would love to come to the London show.
New track is a bit meh.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
It's yet to happen! This Sat coming. 9th March!

been having a look at his last few gigs. He plays about 30 tracks, with a mix of Sugar & Husker Du ones.

have a good one!
Old 06-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
On my way to see Synthwave superstars The Midnight at the Scala with a sell out crowd. I will be the oldest chap there,'in my work suit, Im sure

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 07-03-2019, 06:09 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Wow that was one of the best I have been to. The atmosphere was brilliant, sound excellent, they are back in November at the roundhouse. I already have my tickets

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 07-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
On my way to see Synthwave superstars The Midnight at the Scala with a sell out crowd. I will be the oldest chap there,'in my work suit, Im sure
Synth-tastic. I'll take a listen to them on Spotify. Cheers! BBS-er JJ will probs like them too.

Last edited by Olympian2; 07-03-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went to see a French rapper called Lomepal at the Electric at Brixton last Friday. He was great, played a bloody long set and the crowd were well up for it, circle pits even. I'm too old for all that shit these days, so stood at the back, but it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Synth-tastic. I'll take a listen to them on Spotify. Cheers! BBS-er JJ will probs like them too.
They were amazing. The sax player just went mad but brilliantly mad how he did what he did, in tune no jazz twiddles here, was astounding. The crowd knew all the words, so at times it was like being in the middle of the homesdale. Complete mix of audience but everyone grinning and getting on. One of the best I have been to, and I’ve had quite a few years to go to gigs

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 08-03-2019, 10:38 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Last week when I went to see Palace, a band called Hot Dreams supported - was really impressed with them (as I mentioned in a previous post).

Last night, I was at a new music showcasing event at Omeara called Switch (happens every month or two, 3-4 new bands for £9) & Hot Dreams happened to be headlining it. They were absolutely brilliant again. Has restored my faith in new bands coming through.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 AM

Great to hear. I think new stuff is happening all the time it’s just we are in a period of adjustment with music £ model. The current state is crap with over produced toot being peddled. But underneath this there are bands still doing what has been happening for years but now making £ from not having a label at all. This last 12 months have been the best for me since I was a teenager with being introduced to new music. I go to gigs and even if it’s just ok will always buy a cd then listen on Spotify. All to help with a few pence.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 08-03-2019, 10:56 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Foals last night was an absolute madness.

EarTH in Dalston is a very good venue.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Foals last night was an absolute madness.

EarTH in Dalston is a very good venue.
So jealous you went. Listening to their new album right now. Doesn’t disappoint. & live, they’re just insanely good.

Venue also sounds great.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going to see The Flaming Lips perform The Soft Bulletin at Brixton Academy in September: I saw them play TSB at Alexandra Palace a good few years back and had hoped they would have started playing Yoshimi... in full by now, but to be honest, any Flaming Lips is better than nothing.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
There is always interesting music coming out.You just have to be aware of it. The quality of life music has also never been better than now.

For example I saw She Drew The Gun last night at the Garage and she was amazing with her stage presence and her musicianship. If the music industry was the same as it was 20 years ago she'd be massive, IMV. I do wonder how new bands can survive financially these days and assume that many have a job by day and play at being rock stars by night.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
There is always interesting music coming out.You just have to be aware of it. The quality of life music has also never been better than now.

For example I saw She Drew The Gun last night at the Garage and she was amazing with her stage presence and her musicianship. If the music industry was the same as it was 20 years ago she'd be massive, IMV. I do wonder how new bands can survive financially these days and assume that many have a job by day and play at being rock stars by night.
I agree the richness of music these days is a wonderful thing for probably all genres.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 08-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post

I don’t disagree with you I think inventive great music is the best it’s been for ages it’s just “Pop” (youth?) music is at a bland low.

Btw thx for the heads up on she drew. V good will go and see her.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018

Last edited by Isle of Wight; 08-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
When growing up my musical taste was formed by TOTP & the Tube. later on, John Peel.
Today's generation are being informed by X Factor & The Voice, sadly.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:13 AM

Yep agree with you. It’s all over teenage/young society. All identical sports gear with caps on backwards listening to capital radio or staring at phones. I was delighted to listen to Poem by SDTG as it’s the first song I’ve heard in ages with a bit of fight in it.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 10-03-2019, 05:01 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Yep agree with you. It’s all over teenage/young society. All identical sports gear with caps on backwards listening to capital radio or staring at phones. I was delighted to listen to Poem by SDTG as it’s the first song I’ve heard in ages with a bit of fight in it.
For me , it's the identikit singing style that you find in so much recent music. Where are the personalities? It's undoubtedly a harder environment for young bands now, especially for those who don't come from affluent backgrounds. Used to be able to sign on, live in a squat or shortlife housing, find really cheap rehearsal rooms and record demos for sod all. There were also so many venues to play. Granted, it's easier to produce high quality recordings now, and put it out on the net, but it's pissing into an ocean, with everyone and their dog fancying a go. As a listener, you have to wade through so much crap to find the occasional pearl.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:42 PM

Again agree with you . I am lucky I have found a new genre and a few pearls this last year. It’s been the best for me than since I was a teenager. Someone here posted a video on Gunship which led me to the synthwave scene and 3 band gems and some great single tracks from others. An odd supportband that happened to play on the IOW in a local hall led to another with Black Heart Orchestra. A link to Pete Bardens (ex camel and died a few years ago) led me to his back catalogue with some brilliant stuff mixed with some meh. I also caught up with Alison Moyet who has done some truly underrated stuff recently that I have loved. And finally just from this thread She drew the gun!! Love at first listen

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 11-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have tickets to see Slow Readers Club in Stockholm next month and bought a ticket to se we were promised jetpacks in London at the end of the year

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984