Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 29-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Looking forward to CroCroLand To view the link you have to Register or Login Anyone recommend any of the bands playing?
Till they're knocking on the door of your homes
Old 29-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
see you there. I think we went 10 years ago with Tomo?
defo saw them with Asobi Seksu supporting.
My main memory is being excited about them supporting as I hadn't realised they were, and dropping my phone as I hurried to the front, breaking the screen
Old 29-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Looking forward to CroCroLand To view the link you have to Register or Login Anyone recommend any of the bands playing?
very interesting i wonder if this might be the beginning of getting some new and well established bands into Croydon on a regular basis. Maybe O2 could be persuaded to sponsor a venue though the glorious Brixton Academy is that far away i suppose.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 31-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is here
Techno at its finest, difficult to really appreciate without being there totally immersed in the live beats but gives you a fair idea. Cant wait for All Points East.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 31-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Love this kind of stuff but often wonder when they play live are they really playing or pressing carridge return and then pretending to dial a few knobs? I no it’s really difficult to creat the music in the first place but to play it......??

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 01-04-2019, 09:52 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
see you there. I think we went 10 years ago with Tomo?
Quite possibly.

I think I've sorted out a freebie this gig btw so should see you there.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Love this kind of stuff but often wonder when they play live are they really playing or pressing carridge return and then pretending to dial a few knobs? I no it’s really difficult to creat the music in the first place but to play it......??
I've seen him create music from scratch which was a sight to behold however in this instance it's more enhancement for want for a better word.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
I've seen him create music from scratch which was a sight to behold however in this instance it's more enhancement for want for a better word.
Many people think it’s easy to produce but it is just as difficult as any other “instrument” in the hand of musicians it’s brillain in the hands of some one like me you end up with a horror fest of sound.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 01-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Pills wont help you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Many people think it’s easy to produce but it is just as difficult as any other “instrument” in the hand of musicians it’s brillain in the hands of some one like me you end up with a horror fest of sound.
How i wish i could! Many successful electronic artists are accomplished musicians as well.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I saw today that Public Service Broadcasting are playing the Natural History Museum (!) in May. They're playing under the blue whale skeleton - going to play the whole of 'Race for Space' as a 50th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11. Managed to get tix & it's now, unsurprisingly, sold out. I now just need to break it to my wife as I'm supposed to be going to see The Tiger Lillies with her that night........

Which means my gig list for this year is updated as follows;

CHVRCHES - Feb

James - Mar
Teleman - Apr
Suede - Apr
Nick Mason - May
Public Service Broadcasting - May
Foals - Jun
I'm now also seeing Slow Readers Club in Bedford this Thurs & then Half Man Half Biscuit in Cambridge on Friday
Old 03-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just booked to see The Twilight Sad (again) at the Forum in November, their biggest headlining UK show to date (I think).
Old 04-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sadly I can't make CroCroLand but both She Drew the Gun & Lovely Eggs are great live bands worth seeing.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm now also seeing Slow Readers Club in Bedford this Thurs & then Half Man Half Biscuit in Cambridge on Friday
Damn you! Would love to see both gigs but can't make either.

You'll hAve a great time, especially HMHB who I last saw at the Junction some 10 years ago. Thinking of going to the Teleman show there in a few weeks.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:28 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
I received an email advising that the HMHB Cambridge gig might be cancelled due to illness in the band, probably worth checking with the venue tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I received an email advising that the HMHB Cambridge gig might be cancelled due to illness in the band, probably worth checking with the venue tomorrow.
Cheers. I just got a mail from the Junction confirming that HMHB is OFF tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Damn you! Would love to see both gigs but can't make either.

You'll hAve a great time, especially HMHB who I last saw at the Junction some 10 years ago. Thinking of going to the Teleman show there in a few weeks.
Yeah, I think I might be at the Teleman gig at the Junction too - Apr 23rd. The only problem is that I've booked a hospitality box at the Oval that day as part of my 50th birthday celebrations. I may end up at the gig, I may simply end up in a gutter.

I do have Teleman tix for the following day at EartH (bought them before I knew they were playing Cambridge) but am trying to offload them.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:50 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do have Teleman tix
I still miss Pete & The Pirates
Old 08-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
CroCroLand was fantastic. How they managed that for £25 is beyond me. Drinks reasonably priced too. Only disappointment was the Lovely Eggs who looked bored and like they didn't want to be there.
Till they're knocking on the door of your homes
Old 08-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
CroCroLand was fantastic. How they managed that for £25 is beyond me. Drinks reasonably priced too. Only disappointment was the Lovely Eggs who looked bored and like they didn't want to be there.
This from Twitter would probably explain any mardiness. They're also a husband and wife setup, so no doubt both blamed each other when it happened

"Our amp blew up a minute before we went on stage at @crocroland on Sat."
Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Pills wont help you now

Saw Lady Bird and Guru in Camden on Friday both original fresh brilliant punk bands, just had permanent smile was like going back 40 years. Slow Readers last night, pretty tame by comparison, good tunes just felt like they were a indie come back from 10/15 years ago.