Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 31-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
I went to APE on Friday.
From my recollections I enjoyed it. Sadly I have a massive memory blank from the end of Roisin Murphy to then walking home at the end of the Chemical Bros.
Which kinda sucks.
Old age?
Old 31-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
misjudged tolerance to overindulgence
Old 31-05-2019, 10:30 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
I think they're dreadful (weren't Queen bad enough the first time round?), but I was asked on a guardian soulmates date to this with an incredibly pretty woman who has a spare ticket. So I'll be concentrating on the (apparently brilliant) pyrotechnics display they do and sticking my fingers in my ears when she's not looking.
Don't forget to post a post-gig update on the 'Tinder & similar' thread...
Old 31-05-2019, 10:35 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
The rather wonderful & Breeders-esque Pip Blom at the Portland Arms in Cambridge on Friday night. Lovely small gig with the band enjoying themselves just as much as the audience.

One of my best gigs of the year so far.
Old 31-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
misjudged tolerance to overindulgence
I had similar on Saturday.

Let’s just say I woke up closer to your home than I did my own.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:45 PM

hilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Don't forget to post a post-gig update on the 'Tinder & similar' thread...
I had fun.

Muse were awful.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:34 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Going to see the Legendary Shack Shakers at the Borderline tonight. They come over about once a year and have never seen one of their gigs that have been anything less than great, they have one of the best front men I have seen.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Saw Billy Joel at Madison Square Gardens on Sunday night. Whatever your opinion on him he is a phenomenal showman and given his age it is quite something to behold. Had the lead singer of Def Leppard guesting with a cover of pour some sugar on me which was an added bonus. After three hours which seemed more like 2 due to just how good he was, I drifted away humming his hits of which you forget how many he had till you hear them being rolled out one after the other. 9/10. One of those people that I'll be glad I got the chance to see live before it was too late.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:55 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seen him a couple of times down here and would agree,does a brilliant show. Not sure why people dislike his music so much.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nick Lowe last night. That's some band he has with him.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Was it the Straitjackets?
Old 06-06-2019, 09:14 AM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Liam Gallagher in a church hall last night. Epic.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:56 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
at the Borderline tonight.
Very saddened to hear it is closing down
Old 06-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going to see Primal Scream (again) at the Forum in November, I know its not quite the same without the likes of Throb, Mani or Little Barrie playing but I had such a good time seeing them at the Scala and All Points East the other week, it just had to be done.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:23 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Very saddened to hear it is closing down
Shame, think that was my last gig there, unless I can get my hands on tickets for the Bedouin Sound Clash gig.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:21 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Was it the Straitjackets?
Los Straightjackets are supporting him on this tour. They played the whole gig wearing Mexican wrestling masks.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:07 PM

Chems now playing O2 on Sat Nov 30. Tix on sale 14=June.

Would like to see them again but not sure I fancy O2.....
Old 10-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Chems now playing O2 on Sat Nov 30. Tix on sale 14=June.

Would like to see them again but not sure I fancy O2.....

Yep. I think I’ve given up with big stadium tours. What’s the point?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Yep. I think I’ve given up with big stadium tours. What’s the point?
Well, I think the point is to go & have a loud, drunken chat with your mates & maybe spend an hour or so holding a phone up to film the gig, thereby obscuring the view & spoiling the enjoyment of anyone who might have gone to actually watch & listen to the gig....
Old 10-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well, I think the point is to go & have a loud, drunken chat with your mates & maybe spend an hour or so holding a phone up to film the gig, thereby obscuring the view & spoiling the enjoyment of anyone who might have gone to actually watch & listen to the gig....

You’ll need a bloody good zoom on your camera to pick out the lead singer