Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 23-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
So the UK can seize a vessel in Spanish waters?
I don't know how enforcement of EU sanctions works to be honest, but I don't find an EU member enforcing EU sanctions in EU waters immediately eyebrow raising. It's this kind of partnership work I don't want to leave behind.

But you have to question why the Spanish weren't enforcing EU sanctions if it was in their waters. It looks from googling that they were informed, had no issue with the enforcement of sanctions, but still want to make a point about not recognising Gibraltar
Quote:
“Spain didn’t want to interfere because the issue was compliance with European Union sanctions,” a Spanish foreign ministry spokesman said.
Surely the question is whether Iran really was trying to ship oil to Syria? If they were, then I can't see how they could have transported it around Morocco without going through EU waters in contravention of EU sanctions.
Old 24-07-2019, 12:02 AM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I don't know how enforcement of EU sanctions works to be honest, but I don't find an EU member enforcing EU sanctions in EU waters immediately eyebrow raising. It's this kind of partnership work I don't want to leave behind.

But you have to question why the Spanish weren't enforcing EU sanctions if it was in their waters. It looks from googling that they were informed, had no issue with the enforcement of sanctions, but still want to make a point about not recognising Gibraltar

Surely the question is whether Iran really was trying to ship oil to Syria? If they were, then I can't see how they could have transported it around Morocco without going through EU waters in contravention of EU sanctions.
The EU sanctions are to prevent the EU shipping oil to Syria. Spain is aware that Iran is not a member of the EU and that they do not have the right to seize their ships, even if the USA tells them to.

But then, of course, UK has a 'special relationship' and does as instructed.
Old 24-07-2019, 01:17 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
The EU sanctions are to prevent the EU shipping oil to Syria.
I had no idea so I went to the EU website

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
1. Who needs to comply with the Regulation? (Article 35 of the Regulation)
EU restrictive measures apply in situations where links exist with the European Union (“EU”). The application of the Regulation is defined in Article 35 of the Regulation. It applies:

(a) within the territory of the Union, including its airspace;
(b) on board any aircraft or any vessel under the jurisdiction of a Member State;
(c) to any person inside or outside the territory of the Union who is a national of a Member State;
(d) to any legal person, entity or body which is incorporated or constituted under the law of a Member State;
(e) to any legal person, entity or body in respect of any business done in whole or in part within the Union.
Therefore, the Regulation applies in the territory of the Union. Additionally, EU citizens in third countries, as well as entities constituted in a Member State (e.g. an organisation constituted under Member State law, its subsidiary incorporated within the EU, or its branch), need to respect EU restrictive measures. The Regulation also applies to entities or bodies that are tasked with the implementation, whether directly or indirectly, of the EU budget.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:07 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Wikipedia thinks Rockall belongs to the UK as well.
It's Irish to the core.
Rock on

Stuck in my head now