Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59
Strange, in my head it is called Parisian Girls. Used to have the single once upon a time.

Young Parisians? Different track, same band, same era. Can't find it on youtube though.

Last edited by Smoz; 01-02-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Black Uhuru - There is Fire

Sorry for the repost. Here's Prince Buster & The Skatalites instead with Al Capone

Last edited by mik59; 01-02-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz
Young Parisians? Different track, same band, same era. Can't find it on youtube though.
That's the chappie. They're so French!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Adam & the Ants - Never Trust A Man (With Egg On His Face)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59
That's the chappie. They're so French!
They like Patti Smith.

While on the subject of early Adam & the Ants, Dirk Wears White Sox is a very underated album (just how much did the young members of Blur listen that album?).

Old 01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Wagon Painter

Big Youth - Some Like It Dread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Adam & The Ants - Zerox

Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

The Adverts - Gary Gilmore's Eyes

Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

The Dukes of Stratosphear

A few from XTC's mid-eighties psychedelic alter egos. I was looking for Vanishing Girl but couldn't find it on the tube (I use an mp3 of it as my ring tone)

You're a good man Albert Brown

Mole From The Ministry

What in the world

Bike Ride To the Moon

Last edited by Smoz; 02-02-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
JJ72 - Snow

seems topical

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
x ray spex-world turned dayglo

Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz
They like Patti Smith.

While on the subject of early Adam & the Ants, Dirk Wears White Sox is a very underated album (just how much did the young members of Blur listen that album?).
It's one of the first albums I can remember buying !

Seriously underated - good work Smoz
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BB King - Sweet Sixteen

The bloke rules. I remember bunking into the Fairfield Halls to see him in 1985.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight

Say what !!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Slits=so tough

Old 02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Muddy Waters - Crawlin' King Snake

After Bo and BB it has to be Muddy

Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Big Mama Thornton & Buddy Guy - Hound Dog

Old 02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

As soon as I posted BB I knew someone would also include Muddy Waters.

Outstanding work Smoz.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Wanda Jackson - Hard Headed Woman

The Queen of Rockabilly (and possibly the earliest footage of a twin necked guitar?).

Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama

Still rocking fifty plus years on