Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-10-2019, 02:20 AM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Nice to see the first instance of a Wilf "dive" being exposed as total crap again!
Interesting comment by Ian Wright on MOTD about how keen the ref was to caution Zaha. He almost seemed to assume it was a dive. Did think we got away with on on the disalllowed Arsenal goal but I'l take it. going forward I thunk that current premier league refs shouldnt be manning the VAR system. Its creating issues since they are watchin their backs and those of their colleagues all the time.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:32 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I don't think Jarred Gillett is a Premier League ref, but your point is taken... the ref's seem reluctant to question the VAR ref from what I've seen.
Old 28-10-2019, 03:42 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post
What a ridiculous decision to book Wilf, and that is what VAR is meant to correct.
I'm baffled that Chambers wasn't booked. He was standing on his right foot and as Wilf cuts past him he throws it out, intentionally taking him down. Also, how Guendouzi wasn't shown a red with accompanying suspension is criminal.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 28-10-2019, 05:42 AM

Madden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for youMadden is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
And the FA Cup in 1990 via the replay when Gray was slashed down in the box only for the Sussex shit Gunn to move the foul outside the box. Fergie sacked, no wanker glory
It was Geoff Thomas who was fouled in the box!
Old 28-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Geoff Thomas yes
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 28-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I don't think Jarred Gillett is a Premier League ref, but your point is taken... the ref's seem reluctant to question the VAR ref from what I've seen.
Jarred Gillet is the Australian ref who transferred to the efl this year from the A league. Apparently a very good ref and appears to be well liked in Aussie. Saw a bit of his last game last season. At least he won't be tainted by battenberks shite.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 28-10-2019, 07:07 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
I donít really get this talk of ďvar going against us ď. All itís doing in making sure the correct decisions are given.

Itís a massive benefit to smaller clubs like ourselves.
Old 28-10-2019, 07:28 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Todayís VAR

To view the link you have to Register or Login
They don't normally have the VAR chitchat over the tannoy, do they? That must've been a cock-up.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:03 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
The big debate is why the refs are not using the pitch-side TVs.

The VAR studio can analyse from various angles and the ref can say from my angle I saw it differently. Then it should be a simple matter of the ref going over to the TV screen and looking at the VAR evidence.

It won’t be needed in every case like offsides or where the ref is not 100% sure but at least we will all know that the ref has made a final decision.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 28-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:05 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
I donít really get this talk of ďvar going against us ď. All itís doing in making sure the correct decisions are given.

Itís a massive benefit to smaller clubs like ourselves.
Who the **** is saying it's going against us?
Old 28-10-2019, 09:09 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
The important thing here, in none of these cases was VAR actually wrong - Often those decisions would have traditionally favoured 'bigger clubs'. The Arsenal 3rd goal, without VAR that stands - its a soft foul but a foul none the less.

A lot of the complaints are from people playing the game it was played, and what would normally have been accepted as reasonable error

Been a benefit for the game in my opinion. A soft penalty is still a penalty, just because a ref could never have been sure before, doesn't make it any less of a penalty.

Players like Zaha will definately benefit from VAR (as we saw yesterday - to the ref it looked like a dive, on examination it was a clear foul).
Old 28-10-2019, 09:17 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post
What a ridiculous decision to book Wilf, and that is what VAR is meant to correct. Much more marginal was the disallowed goal - a lot happening in the box from both sides, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. We were lucky to get that one.
Somewhat more than that. Luka pushes someone over then there is a coming together of 3 players. No obvious foul and Sokratis scores a perfectly good goal. Of course I am very pleased but ruling that out verges on the incomprehensible and it is really silly to say anything else.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:21 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
The important thing here, in none of these cases was VAR actually wrong - Often those decisions would have traditionally favoured 'bigger clubs'. The Arsenal 3rd goal, without VAR that stands - its a soft foul but a foul none the less.

).
Chambers was a debatable challenge unlike Lukas push just before. So either a pen or a good goal.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Who the **** is saying it's going against us?
Everyone who is moaning about it. They simply dont like the outcome.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:24 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
VAR is good that it creates more of a level playing field between all the clubs in the league.

In the past the big clubs have always historically been favoured with the decisions especially when at home.

Personally not a massive fan of it as it just takes away the spontaneity of the goal celebration.

Also more suited to the TV Audience than the Fans in the ground who don't really know what is going on with what is being reviewed at times.

Also the additional sound effects with the Heartbeat added while the decision is ongoing. Maybe they can run some commercials as well to raise some funds while the decision is being made with Hot Dog Sellers running up the aisles during the break?!
Old 28-10-2019, 09:25 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
VAR reviewed the 'foul' and agreed with the ref it was a dive, so it had involvement
No it didn't.

The referee had blown his whistle before the goal had been scored so could not get involved in the goal.

Did they review a possible penalty?
Old 28-10-2019, 09:28 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
After Arsenals third goal being disallowed do you really think so ?
I disagreed with Burnley's disallowed goal at Leicester, I disagreed with Brighton's penalty and no i don't think it was a foul yesterday. However teh decision by VAR was consistent across all of those. They are now viewing a tread on the foot of an opponent is a foul and they gave the decisions accordingly in all 3 cases.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
We are owed VAR by the gods. If it had been around in 1980 at Highfield Road, Clive Allen's goal would have stood and the 80s would have been ours
FA Cup replay we would have had the penalty too!
Old 28-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We got away with that. It’s not a marginal/subjective call. Cahill wasn’t fouled. Top marks for the penalty being overturned. Atkinson is better than that. Can spot a dive too. Gave a second yellow to Ndidi at Leicester against us. But, in general, VAR is meant to make the game better. I don’t see that at present. Why don’t the refs use the screen by the pitch? That was the time to use it last night. Big decision to make in closing minutes. Surely you check it for yourself. There was nothing clear and obvious about that. Take the point and run! It’s bound to bite us on the bum against Brighton. Then we will really hate it!
Old 28-10-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Chambers was a debatable challenge unlike Lukas push just before. So either a pen or a good goal.
Their second goal should be disallowed for pushing too then.