Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-10-2019, 09:35 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats74 View Post
We got away with that. It’s not a marginal/subjective call. Cahill wasn’t fouled. Top marks for the penalty being overturned. Atkinson is better than that. Can spot a dive too. Gave a second yellow to Ndidi at Leicester against us. But, in general, VAR is meant to make the game better. I don’t see that at present. Why don’t the refs use the screen by the pitch? That was the time to use it last night. Big decision to make in closing minutes. Surely you check it for yourself. There was nothing clear and obvious about that. Take the point and run! It’s bound to bite us on the bum against Brighton. Then we will really hate it!
When watching on the stream, the VAR shot they stopped on was clearly the Chambers treading on the foot of the Palace player making him go down and unable to attempt a block.

That is consistent with all the other similar situations in recent games.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
No it didn't.

The referee had blown his whistle before the goal had been scored so could not get involved in the goal.

Did they review a possible penalty?
Yes - I think that's what 917L was saying. The Wilf challenge was not reviewed as it was outside the box but the Cahill challenge was reviewed and VAR agreed with the ref that it was not a penalty.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:39 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
If it hadn't been Wilf, I reckon the penalty would have been given straight away by the ref. Any other player, no question.

In other news, The Arsenal Mania forum is a joy this morning. 'Diving cheat ', 'soft fouls', 'conspiracy '. Doing their pieces over there. 6th, after ten games, and in the middle of our hardest run of the season. Well done, Roy and Ray. I think we might stay up
Old 28-10-2019, 09:43 AM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
When watching on the stream, the VAR shot they stopped on was clearly the Chambers treading on the foot of the Palace player making him go down and unable to attempt a block.

It’s not a foul. Switch it around. We would be fuming if we were denied that goal. We would be moaning about the big clubs getting the big decisions.
Just read Clattenburke’s view on yesterday and he said Zaha dived...confirmed my view on that bloke.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
The VAR ref was a (five times ref of the year) Australian. (Arsenal fans immediately said he's a Spurs fan ).
Perhaps that's why he didn't automatically favour the "big club" - Aussies generally give a fair crack to the underdog.

Emery said he is in favour of VAR, "but it needs to be managed properly" - he probably meant "managed" by someone like Clattenburg - you have to laugh !
Old 28-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s not a foul. Switch it around. We would be fuming if we were denied that goal. We would be moaning about the big clubs getting the big decisions.
Just read Clattenburke’s view on yesterday and he said Zaha dived...confirmed my view on that bloke.
It was a foul. That's all there is to it. **** Arsenal.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If it hadn't been Wilf, I reckon the penalty would have been given straight away by the ref. Any other player, no question.

In other news, The Arsenal Mania forum is a joy this morning. 'Diving cheat ', 'soft fouls', 'conspiracy '. Doing their pieces over there. 6th, after ten games, and in the middle of our hardest run of the season. Well done, Roy and Ray. I think we might stay up
18 fouls by Arsenal, 9 by Palace (and no cards).
Old 28-10-2019, 09:51 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having watched the rugby over the weekend I'm struck by the difference between how TMO compared to how VAR has been implemented in the Premier League (but not necessarily elsewhere).

In rugby they seem to check for any infraction to disallow a score, whereas the Premier League generally appears to look for a reason to support a referee's decision and quickly move on.

Is it debatable? Agree with the referee and move on. It stops the referee's authority being undermined and players constantly asking for a second opinion as we saw at the World Cup in 2018 (although the chaos was very entertaining).

From that point of view, I'm not sure that Arsenal's goal should have been chalked off last night, although I'm happy it was.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

They said the same after the game at Selhurst last season. Then Xhaka came out & conceded it was a definite pen.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Somewhat more than that. Luka pushes someone over then there is a coming together of 3 players. No obvious foul and Sokratis scores a perfectly good goal. Of course I am very pleased but ruling that out verges on the incomprehensible and it is really silly to say anything else.
Luka's push on Chambers had no effect though as Chambers was still able to stand on Luka's foot and cause him to go down.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Incredibly harsh to rule their third out but who cares. Long live VAR (until it finally goes against us).
Old 28-10-2019, 10:20 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
In rugby they seem to check for any infraction to disallow a score, whereas the Premier League generally appears to look for a reason to support a referee's decision and quickly move on.
It all depends on what the ref says. If he says, "Can you look at a possible forward pass?" then the only thing the TMO can look for is a forward pass. If he says, "Check the grounding," ditto - the TMO checks only that. If, however, he says, "Is there any reason that I cannot award the try?" then the TMO has carte blanche. The TMO does have the right to say, "I think you should have a look for a possible knock on," which the ref can either ignore or go to the big screen to examine.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 28-10-2019, 10:21 AM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Incredibly harsh to rule their third out but who cares. Long live VAR (until it finally goes against us).

Karma for all the years and years all of the bigger clubs have been cheating or getting decisions go their way.

VAR is no way perfect at present but at least it’s levelling up the playing field.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Who the **** is saying it's going against us?
Just wait till we play the smaller teams like Brighton
Old 28-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agreed. And if that's the other way around it would be a penalty.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Arsenal fans are, on the whole, absolute bellends.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Having watched the rugby over the weekend I'm struck by the difference between how TMO compared to how VAR has been implemented in the Premier League (but not necessarily elsewhere).

Is it debatable? Agree with the referee and move on. It stops the referee's authority being undermined and players constantly asking for a second opinion as we saw at the World Cup in 2018 (although the chaos was very entertaining).

From that point of view, I'm not sure that Arsenal's goal should have been chalked off last night, although I'm happy it was.
The main difference in the between the rugby and the football is how clearly everything is explained by the TMO and the ref in the rugby, compared with the silence (other than the bare decision) in the football.

The other difference is that in rugby, that would have been a high tackle and a red card.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
No it didn't.

The referee had blown his whistle before the goal had been scored so could not get involved in the goal.

Did they review a possible penalty?
Err, yes it did, which is why I said it got involved with the foul, I never mentioned the 'goal'
Old 28-10-2019, 11:11 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Yes - I think that's what 917L was saying. The Wilf challenge was not reviewed as it was outside the box but the Cahill challenge was reviewed and VAR agreed with the ref that it was not a penalty.
Thats as i understood it too. It was Wilf's challenge that was the foul and couldn't be reviewed. Cahill does nothing so it is not a penalty and the whistle has gone so they cannot review the whole passage of play, including whether it was a dive or not, to determine a goal.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I disagree with the decision.

It is consistent with the other VAR decisions in the last 10 days of similar occasions when 1 player has trodden on another.

I feel really upset that i have to agree with Robbie Savage in that the VAR bar was set too high and now it is too low.