Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-02-2024, 05:26 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
You do realise you have contradicted yourself in those two sentences?
I've never watched it live, as in Saturday Night Live, but I have seen bits on news/entertainment shows or the like where they might show a celebrity or person of fame doing a sketch... which I didn't find funny or entertaining - more cringe-worthy than anything.

Maybe I've not given it a chance, I'll admit that. But don't see the point at this stage.
Old 11-02-2024, 11:02 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
... Why post COVID restaurants are really struggling (at least out here) to get staff. Everywhere I look there are "Help Wanted" notices in the window.

Last Thursday, we dropped in our local favorite Bar and Grill and they had two wait staff, one being the barman who was doing double duty, working their socks off.

They have upped the minimum wage out here to no avail. People seem to be back eating out, but service is struggling.

Really not understanding why. It was always a place for local students to earn an income while at college, but they don't seem to have come back... it's like a whole generation has been lost to this tradition.
Old 11-02-2024, 11:57 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Really not understanding why. It was always a place for local students to earn an income while at college, but they don't seem to have come back... it's like a whole generation has been lost to this tradition.

From my limited understanding, the main driver for the latter Gen Zs and the emerging Alphas about money, is for only for the minimum they need rather than anything to do with aspiration. I could be wrong, but they seem to prefer life experience to anything material.

We have the same situation here with workers in hospitality venues, and wages for Australian hospitality workers are among if not the highest in the world.
Old 19-02-2024, 12:16 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Why do brickies stop work at the slightest hint of rain?
Old 19-02-2024, 12:20 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Guess it because the wet effects the cement?
Old 19-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
Guess it because the wet effects the cement?
But they haven't put a cover over the cement mixer.....

Edit: Anyway, the light shower has passed and the shower are back from the sanctuary of the van.

Last edited by davech; 19-02-2024 at 12:38 PM.