Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Do you think Roy would play these young, enthusiastic players from the championship ?
Roy doesn't take risks. He'll probably guide us to a position around 12th, 13th 14th every season for the next 20 seasons. But he won't take risks
Old 16-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
Roy doesn't take risks. He'll probably guide us to a position around 12th, 13th 14th every season for the next 20 seasons. But he won't take risks
Are you suggesting 20 years of mid table Premier League football in a row as a negative?
Old 16-09-2019, 03:53 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Are you suggesting 20 years of mid table Premier League football in a row as a negative?
I wasn't - but now that you mention it, which would give me the most entertainment:

Scenario 1 - continuation of the last 3 seasons
Scenario 2 - Championship seasons such as those we has under Dowie or Coppell

An investor would want scenario 1. As a fan who wants to be entertained, I can see the attraction of scenario 2
Old 16-09-2019, 03:54 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Look at some of you thinking you know better than Roy

I trust the man to deliver us a comfortable finish every year. Why would we risk our status by playing a way that we aren't good enough to do over 90 minutes.
Old 16-09-2019, 03:56 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wasn't - but now that you mention it, which would give me the most entertainment:

An investor would want scenario 1. As a fan who wants to be entertained, I can see the attraction of scenario 2
What championship season under Coppell?
Old 16-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
I have lost faith in Hodgson. This is not a knee jerk reaction to Saturday as I just don't see it as the disaster that seems to be the general opinion, I just don't see that he is able to get the best out of the squad that he has.
Must admit I've had a few doubts mainly due to his stubbornness, however he's still the same manager who we finished last season superbly with.

We do have some very good players but I really don't think our squad is that great or balanced, and is generally overpaid for it's ability. Overall I think he's still doing a very good job in difficult circumstances.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:00 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Anyone expecting anything other than this for many seasons to come is kidding themselves.

New stand or not.
Arguably there has been less heartbreak and pain, than the preceeding two decades of Palace football.

Just because Sheffield Wednesday, two Administrations, four premiership relegations, Stockport away etc panned out ok in the end, doesn't mean they weren't painful.

Mid table medicority is the dream of many teams in this league, let alone those outside it. Anytime we're not relegated from the Premiership is a season we've punched above our weight.

Watching the plight of Bolton, Charlton, Leeds, Coventry etc staying up is an achievement, because the championship is a bastard of a league to get out of (in the right direction) and plenty of recently relegated premiership teams leave it in the wrong direction
Old 16-09-2019, 06:02 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Do you think Roy would play these young, enthusiastic players from the championship ?
He'd be out of a job inside a few weeks unless it paid off, with those suggesting it being the most vocal in calling for his head.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Under his style of football i'd give you all of twenty minutes before you were bitching and complaining all over these boards. You'd struggle to give Pep much leeway to be fair.
Oh shut up.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:12 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
I still just cannot get my head around not replacing AWB who brought in 50 million early in the window.
Indeed. I understand we needed to balance the books somewhat. But as fans, when you sell someone for that amount, you rightly expect 15 or 20 million of that to be reinvested in the team.

Perhaps, they had put all their eggs in the Clyne basket.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:12 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Oh shut up.
Such irony
Old 16-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

But with those Championship seasons also came, Stockport, Sheffield Wednesday, Lloyd’s Bank march etc. Those were only good because they went in our favour. 20 years ago we were in the Championship with Bury....
Old 16-09-2019, 11:38 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
So after 5 games we are 3 points off third from bottom and 3 points off second!

Sitting in 12th position, which I’d be happy with at the end of the year!
Old 17-09-2019, 02:55 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace sit in 12th place having taken 7 points from games against Everton,Sheffield United,Manchester United, Aston Villa and Spurs.

This represents a good start to the season, in fact one of our best in the Premier League.

COYP
Old 17-09-2019, 03:01 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
I still just cannot get my head around not replacing AWB who brought in 50 million early in the window.
I also wouldn't be able to get my head round spending £20m on someone who is the same or worse than Ward is doing at the moment and moaning we got the wrong right back. I am happy Ward can deputise until the right opportunity presents itself. For once I agree with the club on this one.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-09-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
But with those Championship seasons also came, Stockport, Sheffield Wednesday, Lloyd’s Bank march etc. Those were only good because they went in our favour. 20 years ago we were in the Championship with Bury....
Stockport? Wednesday ? Fantastic, weren't they !!

We don't often comparable excitement in the Premiership.
Old 17-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

That's just not true, is it

There was nothing fantastic about Stockport, bar the elation of the goal, and 7 or 8 minutes later when we heard the other result

Crystanbul, Arsenal 3-0 and 3-2. Liverpool away twice, Man Ciry last season, Chelsea 4 times etc, even the wankers a few weeks ago

Elation at west ham to secure survival, thrashing of Hull to do the same..

Yes, we have plenty of comparable excitement
Old 17-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:

No they weren't fantastic! The whole season was poor and ultimately ended up with us HAVING to get a result on the last day. It was only after that win/draw was it fantastic. It could very easily have been us going down and not Stockport or Wednesday.

If all it takes is for a serious relegation threat for last day survival to make a season exciting, then this year could well be just that. But something tells me that it will be 8 months of doom and gloom on here and not remotely fantastic at all.

Lloyds Bank march could have been entirely different. Like I said, Bury were in the same division as us 20 years ago and now don't exist, 20 years time that could be us.

This also ignores the shit seasons we had in the Championship, Taylor, Dowie post relegation, Freedman.

Can't believe anyone of sound mind would prefer to have those seasons with all that riding on them, not knowing if they will fall in our favour, along with 3/4 relegations, just for the joy of the 3 promotions we had in 20 years. Unfathomable.
Old 17-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
That's just not true, is it

There was nothing fantastic about Stockport, bar the elation of the goal, and 7 or 8 minutes later when we heard the other result

Crystanbul, Arsenal 3-0 and 3-2. Liverpool away twice, Man Ciry last season, Chelsea 4 times etc, even the wankers a few weeks ago

Elation at west ham to secure survival, thrashing of Hull to do the same..

Yes, we have plenty of comparable excitement
Spot on. Some of the results have been Fantastic since we came up, though for some, they don't make a season fantastic. Stockport and Wednesday were not fantastic seasons in the slightest!
Old 17-09-2019, 04:57 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace sit in 12th place having taken 7 points from games against Everton,Sheffield United,Manchester United, Aston Villa and Spurs.

This represents a good start to the season, in fact one of our best in the Premier League.

COYP
If only there were league tables available to see for ourselves.