Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-03-2019, 02:15 AM

LiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
'The things they carried' - Tim O'Brien

Tremendous read thus far, much better than 'The autobiography of Alice. B Toklas' by Gertrude Stein which just finished.

EDIT: Just finished the O’Brien, a must for anyone interested in Vietnam. Brilliant writing.

Last edited by LiamelEagle; 14-03-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 14-03-2019, 12:24 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Not sure how old you are Chelmsford, but the third one is very good mainly because I am old enough to remember a lot of what happened. Cold war Kennedy Kruschev. Very good read
I am a surprisingly immature 43. Too young for all but the very end The Cold War. I remember the wall coming down but had little concept of the significance.
Old 15-03-2019, 09:13 AM

lofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty3rgj View Post
Going to start The Deceiver by Fred Forsyth, tonight.
I'm about a quarter of the way through.
So far, impressed, a lot of background to the story and the character's.
It's a great slow build, but again the details to the story keep you hooked.
As RazorsEdge said "his research is what makes the read good" totally agree with this...
Old 16-03-2019, 04:33 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
I just started 'The Fox' by Fred Forsyth.
Old 21-03-2019, 06:04 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
3rd of the way through The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba. Read the way other people have to live. Liking it. Not easy though, real life in Malawi.
Just finished this. Wonderfully uplifting book. Recommend it to the thinking community. Now to read some crap as a palate cleanser.