Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-03-2019, 12:40 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Little bit of legal advice needed - car issue

Having been driven crackers by the missus and other members of my family pointing out where i've gone wrong. I'm now turning to the BBS for my next bit of advice, mainly because i haven't got time in the week to explore different courses of action.
I want to go down the legal route of reclaiming my money back after being stitched up by a warranty company (and possibly to some degree by the car dealer) but i've no real clue where to start. Whether it is straight to a solicitor, Small claims dispute, citizens advice etc.
The car is eventually back on the road and now fume free, but despite the slippery warranty company claiming the issue of a knackered turbo wasn't covered, i believe that they have been negligent and completely uninterested in deeming it had a fault. Their appointed company passed it twice before it was eventually condemned as damaged by a second opinion from another independent company. Resulting in a re-build and the standard labour costs for stripping down and re-fitting the turbo to the tume of about 920
For pretty much the last two months i have been going around in circles with first the warranty company, then the dealer who managed to involve the warranty company's area manager. The dealer is now the only contact after the area manager has gone to ground without a word of explanation as to why they are not prepared to pass the claim, other than an offer of 200 The dealer has offered to raise this to 500 for some reason (possibly as he made a fair bit on my part exchange), possibly through guilt. But has also told me i'm welcome to go the legal route if i so wished.
The wife reckons for my own sanity it might be worth taking it and writing off the 400 as experience but having juggled work and doing my level best to sort everything amicably, i feel i'm being shit all over and 500 is an insult. Just wouldn't mind being guided in the right direction for the next course of action.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:13 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Having been driven crackers by the missus and other members of my family pointing out where i've gone wrong. I'm now turning to the BBS for my next bit of advice, mainly because i haven't got time in the week to explore different courses of action.
I want to go down the legal route of reclaiming my money back after being stitched up by a warranty company (and possibly to some degree by the car dealer) but i've no real clue where to start. Whether it is straight to a solicitor, Small claims dispute, citizens advice etc.
The car is eventually back on the road and now fume free, but despite the slippery warranty company claiming the issue of a knackered turbo wasn't covered, i believe that they have been negligent and completely uninterested in deeming it had a fault. Their appointed company passed it twice before it was eventually condemned as damaged by a second opinion from another independent company. Resulting in a re-build and the standard labour costs for stripping down and re-fitting the turbo to the tume of about 920
For pretty much the last two months i have been going around in circles with first the warranty company, then the dealer who managed to involve the warranty company's area manager. The dealer is now the only contact after the area manager has gone to ground without a word of explanation as to why they are not prepared to pass the claim, other than an offer of 200 The dealer has offered to raise this to 500 for some reason (possibly as he made a fair bit on my part exchange), possibly through guilt. But has also told me i'm welcome to go the legal route if i so wished.
The wife reckons for my own sanity it might be worth taking it and writing off the 400 as experience but having juggled work and doing my level best to sort everything amicably, i feel i'm being shit all over and 500 is an insult. Just wouldn't mind being guided in the right direction for the next course of action.
I'm with your wife on this, sometimes you just have to draw a line under things and keep the cost down and move on.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Take the money offered! ...... Wait 12 months then throw the knackered turbo through the dealer's window at midnight.
Wear gloves don't take your phone!
Old 10-03-2019, 03:40 PM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Take the money offered! ...... Wait 12 months then throw the knackered turbo through the dealer's window at midnight.
Wear gloves don't take your phone!
This