Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-06-2021, 04:02 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I've been working hard to get to under 30 minutes! With an aim of eventually getting to under 27.5.

Then again I have been carrying too much weight which has slowed me down.
Keep going, i was about 2.5 stone overweight at new year and now just a stone over my(self assessed) perfect weight. Don't know how true it is but someone told me the other day the theory that you should take 2 seconds off your mile pace for every pound you lose.
Old 17-06-2021, 08:40 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a packet of Doritos, some quality streets and a large slice of chocolate cake during the Belgium game. Got 7km in before the Dutch game kicked off. Felt good burning it as much as eating it. I have a bit of a belly but its manageable with running.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 18-06-2021, 10:24 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I bought a kettle bell at Aldi a couple of weeks ago, which I've used for doing some squats and lunges, which so far seem to have strengthened my hamstrings a bit. My arches don't seem to be quite as sore either, so hopefully this is the road to recovery of getting back to doing longer runs with confidence and make an effort to get back to sub 20 minute park runs (though I think that's a while off yet).
Old 18-06-2021, 10:50 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I bought a kettle bell at Aldi a couple of weeks ago, which I've used for doing some squats and lunges, which so far seem to have strengthened my hamstrings a bit. My arches don't seem to be quite as sore either, so hopefully this is the road to recovery of getting back to doing longer runs with confidence and make an effort to get back to sub 20 minute park runs (though I think that's a while off yet).

It's important to build from a strong base.

I've done the home based weights option as well. Bought 25kg vinyl barbell from Muscle squad about 5 weeks ago, and been doing Romanian Deadlifts, Squats, lunges, and presses periodically. I had already done some lighter weights, so it wasn't too much of a big jump. Hopefully it's been helpful during a period of little running. Can certainly see some definition in my arms - but more importantly hope the glutes, and Hammy's have been strengthened.
Old 18-06-2021, 12:39 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Single leg deadlifts and split squats with weights will really benefit the vast majority of runners. 2-3 times a week on running days, leave your rest days as full rest days. If only I could motivate myself to do them more.
Old 18-06-2021, 01:16 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I always wondered what a split squat was, but realise now it's squatting in a lunge position. That'll burn with 25kg.
Old 18-06-2021, 03:35 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I always wondered what a split squat was, but realise now it's squatting in a lunge position. That'll burn with 25kg.
Lunge is forward motion where as split squat you're going up and down. The "Bulgarian" variation is where you have your rear leg elevated and makes it much harder even without weight. 2 good videos on Bulgarian Split Squat - To view the link you have to Register or Login - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've been working hard to get to under 30 minutes! With an aim of eventually getting to under 27.5.

Then again I have been carrying too much weight which has slowed me down.
After a few weeks of not doing my usual run, a couple of weeks I was refereeing games everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 in a day) at Selhurst for the clubs 'play on the pitch' events and a week off to recover...

5. 01km in 28.37
Old 19-06-2021, 11:18 AM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
After a few weeks of not doing my usual run, a couple of weeks I was refereeing games everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 in a day) at Selhurst for the clubs 'play on the pitch' events and a week off to recover...

5. 01km in 28.37
well done
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Well done Ships.

Had a very sharp pain at the top of my hamstring yesterday. Did a short run with no pain, but despite feeling my running was improving again, I did the sensible thing today and have rested it, and instead done some strength work.