Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 25-06-2020, 12:20 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbo69 View Post
good on you for keeping the memories alive. fanzines were a vital part of football culture back then and a lot of great and funny articles were produced. As the editor/main contributor of/to the Dundee FC fanzine, "Eh Mind O' Gillie" , I'm of course biased, but at times some of the articles far outclassed the tabloid media. I've just recently rebooted EM OG as youtube videozine and hope to keep it going once there's some action tow rite about.
Great stuff - good to hear from you! I've been toying with a videozine idea. We already have some great podcasts by the Palace fanbase so reviving the fanzine spirit in video form is something I've been toying with. Good luck with it - I'll be sure to give this a look

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 01-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Just finished the book and it was a fine read! Highly recommended to all of us who used to read OMP as much as the younger generation of fans, who because of the internet, has no concept of what a fanzine was.

I think I still have quite a few of the old fanzines in my basement. Maybe it's time to bring the out of the box for a new reading?
Old 01-07-2020, 09:09 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great stuff - thanks Kai.

I'll say this - by re-reading the old issues I've certaibly found some stuff I'd completely forgotten about. Do you realise in 1998 we were seriously linked with Diego Maradona? I'd clean forgotten that one.

Plenty more gems and forgottens tories will appear in the second book

Old 01-07-2020, 02:37 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
forgottens tories will appear in the second book
I hope there'll be political balance.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:37 AM

Oops!

Old 02-07-2020, 10:42 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I thought that was reference to the 'kick David Mellor out of football' t-shirts!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 03-07-2020, 10:29 AM

Nice play on words and OMP history there Dorking

I'm sure those T-shirts will be getting mentioned along the line

I remember that horrific inerview he did with the Palace Trust chap on the radio that started the whole anti-Mellor thing.

Anyone remember the name of the fan he was so rude to? Would love to speak to him at some point.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:09 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I thought that was reference to the 'kick David Mellor out of football' t-shirts!

I forgot all about those T-Shirts!
I used to have one - think I brought it at the Trafalgar Square save our clubs protest. I sold it on about ten years later after he insulted another club (Brentford possibly?) and there was a post online from the fanzine editor desperate for one.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
I forgot all about those T-Shirts!
I used to have one - think I brought it at the Trafalgar Square save our clubs protest. I sold it on about ten years later after he insulted another club (Brentford possibly?) and there was a post online from the fanzine editor desperate for one.
I remember that protest. Barely 200 fans and nearly everyone who did bother was Palace, even though it was an all-club rally. There were a few Barnet as well IIRC

I'll use your story in the second book if that's OK, charltonhater