Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I live near the 02 so sometimes go over there for bowling or cinema with the kids or something. The car park is extortionate so we get the bus. I never knew that there was an upstairs to it though. I deliberately avoid it when a big event is on so I'm used to wandering by the empty restaurants and have never really given it a second thought.

And the security is pretty lax. I got in with the world's biggest knife not so long ago (to cut a birthday cake).
Old 22-05-2019, 08:56 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Always thought anything Jamie Oliver put his name to was horribly overpriced
One thing I have learned - if I go to any cafe, bar or restaurant with a famous name attached, I expect the prices to be a lot higher than normal.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:59 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
I haven't been, but I wouldn't be surprised. A big new Sainsburys near the Dome closed not long ago. In America, out of town malls go out of business quite often afaik.
Sainsbury's sold the plot to Ikea who are now in place* & built an even bigger Sainsbury's about a mile away on the larger industrial estate closer to The Valley.

(*I assumed traffic would be murders once it opened as the tunnel & the ferry can cause a nightmare, but it's okay so far & the opening seemed to go under the radar.)
Old 22-05-2019, 09:03 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Sorry you preferred the wasteland it was before? With a B&Q and a Sainsbury’s?
B&Q and IKEA now. I don't tend to include those retail stores with the wider development on the Peninsular.

I have seen it go from a relatively small development with some architectural merits around the Ecology Park to tower block after tower block. I suspect half the balconies never see the sun. Maybe when it is all finished it will all make sense.

I did prefer it when you could play football on British Gas' sports ground.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
One thing I have learned - if I go to any cafe, bar or restaurant with a famous name attached, I expect the prices to be a lot higher than normal.
I don't think it was related to the name attached to it - I personally think all chain Italian restaurants are overpriced and nowhere near authentic - Pizza Express, Zizzi's, Ask and any others I've forgotten.

The food is normally okay, but the pricing is just out of line. The pizzas cost well over £10 and have barely any toppings on them and the pasta dishes the same in terms of substance to the dish aside from the pasta.

Within a mile of our house, we have three independent Italian restaurants - all more authentic, all better food and all cheaper than the chain alternatives.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
B&Q and IKEA now. I don't tend to include those retail stores with the wider development on the Peninsular.

I have seen it go from a relatively small development with some architectural merits around the Ecology Park to tower block after tower block. I suspect half the balconies never see the sun. Maybe when it is all finished it will all make sense.

That land was totally dead and was ripe for redevelopment.
I get what youíre saying but people are happy to live in those flats and be on tbe jubilee line with good access.

Theyíve also put some hotels out there to compete with the west end, esp for conferences.

The problem is they havenít upgraded the road infrastructure. Add an IKEA to that mess and close a load of roads in Greenwich and itís only ever going to amount to one thing.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:57 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is a mall the same as a shopping centre?
Old 22-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I played cricket on the British Gas sports ground in 1977. The sports pitches were huge.

I went in that outlet centre too and it seems to be struggling. I read they were going to turn the shops into bigger units. I know that the fashion centre and new nightclub open soon so there might be more custom but parking is such a pain there for clothes shopping.

The expansion of the outlet centre at Ashford with 50 new stores, however, seems to be coming along well, although Marks has closed in the town centre and Debenhams is going to.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Stonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
M&S to close another 110 stores!

Last edited by Stonewall; 22-05-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pret buying Eat

Converting most to Veggie Pret.

Never had an EAT but assume they were not vegetarian so a bit weird
Old 22-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Pret buying Eat

I think Pret research their markets (pret)ty thoroughly. I think there's one in Soho where they try things out (?).
Old 22-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think Pret research their markets (pret)ty thoroughly. I think there's one in Soho where they try things out (?).
Not really clever enough for this sort of thing but it strikes me buying a chain of food outlets, of which there will be duff ones then converting them to your own brand just shouts of buying leaseholds at a massive premium price assuming Eat were profitable. Still got the same costs per store of renovation and branding.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:45 AM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Pret buying Eat

EAT is pretty naff and the one on Fleet Street is always dead- no surprise they closing down they really don't have a USP to play on.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
EAT is pretty naff and the one on Fleet Street is always dead- no surprise they closing down they really don't have a USP to play on.
Was trying to recall if I had looked in one and walked out but couldn't remember, might have been at London Bridge but think it might of have been a Leon takeaway I couldn't see the point of.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:57 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Is a mall the same as a shopping centre?
An Americanisation that has crept over here although I tend to think shopping centres are normally located in a town centre.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Pret buying Eat

EATs strategy was to open an EAT next to any Pret they opened, but never had the cash for the roll out.
Whilst Pret is better, its nice to have some variety on the high st.

Wonder if it's still owned by Lyceum.
Old 22-05-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Not really clever enough for this sort of thing but it strikes me buying a chain of food outlets, of which there will be duff ones then converting them to your own brand just shouts of buying leaseholds at a massive premium price assuming Eat were profitable. Still got the same costs per store of renovation and branding.
Loss-making according to this report

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-05-2019, 04:54 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
An Americanisation that has crept over here although I tend to think shopping centres are normally located in a town centre.
Ah,ok.Bollox talk then(I knew really)
Old 22-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
EATs strategy was to open an EAT next to any Pret they opened, but never had the cash for the roll out.
Whilst Pret is better, its nice to have some variety on the high st.

Wonder if it's still owned by Lyceum.
Who are they? According to this, Pret are owned by JAB Holdings

Old 22-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Who are they? According to this, Pret are owned by JAB Holdings

No, EAT weíre owned by Lyceum but that fund is in run down.
Pret were owned by Bridgepoint but I think theyíve been sold on.
I donít think veggie Pret is the way forward.