Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 22-08-2021, 02:09 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Probably a little earner idea that him and Tel boy came up with, when they were drinking together in Scribes one night.
Wow - how have I never heard about this before? What did it say in the programme?

Christ, even Lee Sinnott (55) played more games than George Graham!!

I know Jim Cannon had a testimonial in the early 80s versus a Black XI - what year was that? 1980? 1981?
Old 22-08-2021, 02:16 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
Not to mention the 44,701 spectators making it 9th in the Top Ten Attendances at Selhurst Park and could be counted as Wimbledon's biggest home attendance seeing it was not a designated neutral ground for this replay.
I always read it as 45,701. Have also seen it as 45,071. Maybe it's one of those Burnleyesque attendances.
Old 22-08-2021, 03:19 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login, there's a Palace question. I suspect most on here would not struggle to answer it.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 22-08-2021, 11:19 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Wow - how have I never heard about this before? What did it say in the programme?

Christ, even Lee Sinnott (55) played more games than George Graham!!

I know Jim Cannon had a testimonial in the early 80s versus a Black XI - what year was that? 1980? 1981?
I don't think that I bought a programme, though it was over forty years ago. I seem to remember that as well as Palace vs Chelsea there was a celebrity match before hand, possibly 15 minutes each way.

There's a programme from the game for sale on eBay if you want to find out: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-08-2021, 06:23 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Probably a little earner idea that him and Tel boy came up with, when they were drinking together in Scribes one night.
Indeed, and over a few drinks Tel prepared him for management and they discussed brown envelopes?
Old 22-08-2021, 09:22 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Indeed, and over a few drinks Tel prepared him for management and they discussed brown envelopes?
Do you remember this game JC? It was a midweek evening game at the end of April. I know this because as I mentioned previously the SAS Iranian Embassy siege happened while the match was on.

At the age I was at the time I could only go to games that my mate's dad took him to as my parents weren't in a position to take me and I was too young to go on my own. Little did they realise that although my mate's dad did literally take us to the game, he was there as an on duty copper inside the ground. He used to sneak us in well before kick off then we wouldn't see him again until an hour or so after the final whistle. This time he came and found us so we could follow what was unfolding elsewhere in London that evening via whatever communication the police used back then.
Old 23-08-2021, 06:36 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Do you remember this game JC? It was a midweek evening game at the end of April. I know this because as I mentioned previously the SAS Iranian Embassy siege happened while the match was on.

At the age I was at the time I could only go to games that my mate's dad took him to as my parents weren't in a position to take me and I was too young to go on my own. Little did they realise that although my mate's dad did literally take us to the game, he was there as an on duty copper inside the ground. He used to sneak us in well before kick off then we wouldn't see him again until an hour or so after the final whistle. This time he came and found us so we could follow what was unfolding elsewhere in London that evening via whatever communication the police used back then.
Never knew you had a family friend who was a bent copper
Definitely went to it, and had a programme too, but cant remember anything about the game sadly.
Old 23-08-2021, 12:48 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Never knew you had a family friend who was a bent copper
Definitely went to it, and had a programme too, but cant remember anything about the game sadly.
I didn't pay to get into a game for the first two years of going to Selhurst, think I have made up for it over the subsequent forty years though.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Question that I don't know what the answer is.

What AWAY games have we ever won specifically on Sky Monday Night Football in the Premier League?

Shamefully, I can only think of one - surely there's more than that
Old 09-09-2021, 02:48 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

What AWAY games have we ever won specifically on Sky Monday Night Football in the Premier League?

Spurs away? Shipps?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:52 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
More specifically, 24 November 1997, Spurs 0 Palace 1, Shipperley (57)
Old 09-09-2021, 03:15 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
A home game not away, but our first win back in the Premier League in 2013, was on a Monday.

Palace 3 Sunderland 1

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 09-09-2021, 04:11 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
A home game not away, but our first win back in the Premier League in 2013, was on a Monday.

Palace 3 Sunderland 1
You sure about that Bubbs? My clear recollection is that the game was played in daylight and I enjoyed watching the extended highlights on the Sky match choice thing that evening. I might be misrememberereing though.

What night of the week was our 3-0 win against Arsenal in 2017? Definitely an evening game and live on Sky.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
You sure about that Bubbs? My clear recollection is that the game was played in daylight and I enjoyed watching the extended highlights on the Sky match choice thing that evening. I might be misrememberereing though.

What night of the week was our 3-0 win against Arsenal in 2017? Definitely an evening game and live on Sky.
Pretty sure it was a Saturday teatime k.o.

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:55 PM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The 1-3 defeat at Brighton (3 years back??) was certainly a midweek evening. Was that on a Monday?

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:57 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gardiner View Post
Pretty sure it was a Saturday teatime k.o.
Yep you and Bipe are correct. Saturday 5:30pm K.O. Memory’s failing me.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 09-09-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yep you and Bipe are correct. Saturday 5:30pm K.O. Memory’s failing me.
It was Monday April 10 2017.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Eh, Brighton away - Benteke in injury time…a mere 6 months ago?
Old 21-09-2021, 04:55 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beat Fulham on a Monday in 2004/2005 as I remember running around the pub in Reading like a nutter before going out until 2am in the morning celebrating completely ignoring the fact I had a full day of Uni Lectures the following day. I wish I was 20 again
Pretty sure that was at Selhurst though?
Old 22-09-2021, 11:52 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Beat Fulham on a Monday in 2004/2005 as I remember running around the pub in Reading like a nutter before going out until 2am in the morning celebrating completely ignoring the fact I had a full day of Uni Lectures the following day. I wish I was 20 again
Pretty sure that was at Selhurst though?
That Fulham win was a home game though