Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 27-10-2004, 01:52 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
don't knock dougie he's got plenty of bouncebackability his career is full of successful comebacks and beaten full backs
Old 27-10-2004, 01:58 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I suppose it depends what positions we strengthen. Dowie was certainly looking for a new left back before the transfer window closed. Who would that spell the end for - Granville or Borrowdale?

Powell (a shame), Derry, Black, Shipperley, Freedman must all be crossing their fingers.
Old 27-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
Surely, departures are not dependant on the transfer window, as none of the players we are likley to want to sell will go to a premiership side. Only reason I suppose might be that as a Coca Cola side sells a "crown jewel" in the window they will look to replace with somebody we might sell.
Also probably as we don't wish to decrease our squad before we can replace those leaving
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:16 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
31 players is about right - our current squad as:

Kiraly
Speroni
Cronin
Boyce
Butterfield
Hall
Popovic
Hudson
Sorondo (loan)
Powell
Leigterwood
Granville
Borrowdale
Routledge
Lakis
Black
Watson
Riihilarti
Kolkka
Hughes
Danze
Kaviedes (loan)
Derry
Soares
Johnson
Freedman
Torghelle
Ventola (loan)
Andrews
Shipperley

I'm guessing that Powell, Derry, Black and Shipperley are all potentially on their way out of the club, leaving us with around 23 fulltime players, and 3 loanees. In many ways, Dowie's easy work has been done - the squad has been built up. Now he will need to make hard choices about who needs replacing within the squad to make the team better, to ensure that we continue to move forward without overloading our wage bill.

Personally I would rather work with what we've got, and replace judicously and carefully, rather than go and add 5 new players in January.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 02-11-2004, 10:31 AM
My Sox are on fire

dj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adoreddj3071 wants to be adored
I don't think you can include Cronin, Soares, Borrowdale or Andrews because they are all still learning their trade and are unlikely to have any sort of run in the First team. I would imagine cover for Kolkka should be the priority. Same old names come to bare Ships, Powell, Black, must be on the danger list. Which is a shame because none of them have had a decent run in the first team. Not that I am complaining because we must play our best players when ever they are available.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:37 AM

lordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaroni
Cover for Granville to remember....
Old 02-11-2004, 11:36 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dj3071
I don't think you can include Cronin, Soares, Borrowdale or Andrews because they are all still learning their trade and are unlikely to have any sort of run in the First team. I would imagine cover for Kolkka should be the priority. Same old names come to bare Ships, Powell, Black, must be on the danger list. Which is a shame because none of them have had a decent run in the first team. Not that I am complaining because we must play our best players when ever they are available. [/QUOTE

Thought Borrowdale v Chortleton in the Cup at the Valley showed he isn't
too far off Premier League standard.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:33 PM

Spender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpender : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We need a left back as a priority in January.

Doug suprised me with his brilliant performance at Charton but he , Derry, Shipps , Black and Powell look to be under threat.

Personally I rate Powell more highly than Hudson.

Loan move and regular 1st team football should be a priority to develop Borrowdale.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:45 PM

Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires Sires
I also saw nothing wrong with the performances of Leigertwood so why has he suddenly been left out of the picture he did really well during the play off final
Old 06-11-2004, 12:28 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sires
I also saw nothing wrong with the performances of Leigertwood so why has he suddenly been left out of the picture he did really well during the play off final
Been said about 200 times in the last couple of weeks that he's been out injured since pre season, and only just coming back.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:54 PM

etu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
And played most of the match today - seems to indicate he's going nowhere.

Last edited by etu; 06-11-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:01 PM

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by etu
And played most of the match today - seems to indicate he's going nowhere.
Would like to see liegertwood play left back instead of Granvile to be honest.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4
Old 06-11-2004, 09:24 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by BLUE BOY
Would like to see liegertwood play left back instead of Granvile to be honest.
Totally agrere with this as I said the same thing myself. I thought he played a blinder today and, apart from Wayne, Granville was our weak link as he gives the ball away far too much.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by nomad
Totally agrere with this as I said the same thing myself. I thought he played a blinder today and, apart from Wayne, Granville was our weak link as he gives the ball away far too much.
Dowie has played him there for the reserves hasn't he ? I think in Jan we need a top quality left back, decent cover for Kolka and now that we are playing 3 central midfielders I would think we need at least 1 attacking and 1 defensive midfielder as well. If Routledge goes we will need cover on the right as well.

Hopefully most of the players unlikely to get a run at the moment we can send on loan so they get some good experience and we don't have to pay their wages. I would think Powell, Black, Derry, Soares, Togwell fall into this category and possibly Andrews and Shipps if Dowie feels they won't get a sniff this season and maybe Borrowdale if we do bring in a quality left back.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:44 AM
i love a wind up

SE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Being realistic Routledge is leaving in January, so i think 2 wind men will be on the shopping list for I Dowie as Kolkka hasn't really lived up to expectations
Old 07-11-2004, 09:53 AM

Luke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverLuke Harwood is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Quote:
Originally posted by SE25Eagle
Kolkka hasn't really lived up to expectations
You're right. He's only made the loss of Gray a distant memory, provided many attacking opportunities, is two footed and tracks back to make sure Danny G isn't overwhelmed.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:12 AM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Being realistic Routledge is leaving in January, so i think 2 wind men will be on the shopping list for I Dowie as Kolkka hasn't really lived up to expectations
I thought that Wayne going would be a massive blow but Lakis played far better than Wayne when he came on. I have been very dispapointed with Wayne this season and I think his agent has convinced him that he is a better player than he is - shades of Julian Gray, possibly.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Really quite reasonable

Grunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGrunt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Kolkka hasn't really lived up to expectations
Disagree. I think he's been improving all the time and was one of our best players against Arsenal.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:40 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
What did Granville do wrong yesterday against the best attacking team in the world??

Granville has played well this season. Well done Danny.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:59 AM

lordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaronilordanton is the cheese to my macaroni
Quote:
Originally posted by eagles #1
What did Granville do wrong yesterday against the best attacking team in the world??

Granville has played well this season. Well done Danny.
Can only agree with that. Made just one or two mistakes against the Champions.