Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Is Luka still skipper?
Yes 62 26.84%
No 147 63.64%
Moo(livojević) 22 9.52%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Will Vieira keep Luka as captain?

I feel if Gallagher was able to feature in our first match that Luka may not start. Doesn't mean Luka can't still be captain though.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
This will be a good thread. I'm personally in favour of handing the armband to Jimmy Mac. It might even do Luka a favour and allow him to concentrate on his game.

Someone who watched Neil Warnock in his QPR days will be along in a minute to explain why Wilf should be given the armband.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:19 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Give it to Rak Sakyi

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:21 AM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andersen became captain very quickly with Fulham. Wonder if the same happens here
Old 05-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
This will be a good thread. I'm personally in favour of handing the armband to Jimmy Mac. It might even do Luka a favour and allow him to concentrate on his game.

Someone who watched Neil Warnock in his QPR days will be along in a minute to explain why Wilf should be given the armband.
Macca is a good call. Always advising Mitchell and other youngsters & he won't let the ref get away with anything.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:26 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Macca is a good call. Always advising Mitchell and other youngsters & he won't let the ref get away with anything.
He seems more of an introvert to me, keeps to himself. Like Scott Dann, who wasnt a good captain. He will have strong one on one connections with players but less in a group situation I would guess.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
- Intelligent bloke, can handle refs no problem.

- Vocal on the pitch, as you say, and someone younger players will undoubtedly look up to.

- Work ethic is there for all to see - he's probably a great trainer too.

- Never hides in a game, even when he's not playing well or we're being spanked.

- Great temperament - never lets red mist affect his performance.

- Honest player - listen to him talking after a loss and he'll always accept reality.

- Obviously knows the club inside out and popular with coaching staff and especially managers (except ostrich-interferers, obviously).

I think he sets the standard in the way he carries himself. You'd want all your players to have a bit of Jimmy Mac in them.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:29 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leaders will lead regardless of an arm band, doesn't really matter.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
New era calls for a new captain IMO, especially as Luka isn't a guaranteed starter and has been in questionable form for some time.

Would happily see it given to Macca but considering he's never had it before (from memory) he may not want it.

Andersen is the logical choice given his experience and the fact he was made captain at Fulham despite not even being owned by the club. He's also signed a long-term deal so could be the skipper for the next five plus years.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
For me, Luka is not a great leader. He should be first in to protect our players when they are getting grief from the likes of Ward-Prowse. He should be first in when a teammate is getting crap treatment from the ref, trying to diffuse the situation. Too often he's been awol from those situations.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:44 AM

Palace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace43 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
He seems more of an introvert to me, keeps to himself. Like Scott Dann, who wasnt a good captain. He will have strong one on one connections with players but less in a group situation I would guess.
If you believe Macca is an introvert on the pitch then you clearly didnít watch Palace during lockdown without the fan noise on.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:50 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
How would we know?

If Vieira can get Luka back to what he was like in his first season for us, then he can have the armband no questions. If we're going to see more of the same performances we have done for the last couple of seasons, then there are plenty of better candidates, including Andersen, Tomkins, McArthur, Wilf, Ward.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:54 AM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
For me, Luka is not a great leader. He should be first in to protect our players when they are getting grief from the likes of Ward-Prowse. He should be first in when a teammate is getting crap treatment from the ref, trying to diffuse the situation. Too often he's been awol from those situations.
Totally agree.

The only time Luka is first in is to grab the ball to take a freekick...
Old 05-08-2021, 11:54 AM

Selhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelhurst Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Joachim Andersen does also have experience of being captain at Fulham
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Andersen, whose impact at Craven Cottage was so immediate that Parker quickly named him as skipper after injuries robbed him of club captain Tom Cairney and Aleksandar Mitrovic, has forged an impressive partnership with fellow summer signing Tosin Adarabioyo at the heart of a new-look, miserly Fulham defence.

“It’s not so often that a loan player is the captain of a club. Of course, it’s a huge honour and something I didn’t expect. It’s not something I’m unfamiliar with because in the youth teams for Denmark I was always the captain. I’m quite vocal and feel I have some good ideas on the pitch.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:57 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
I don't think Luka is a particularly good captain but, if age matters at all, he is the best choice. Andersen came off like a leader from his interviews but is still young and I feel Vieira will likely want Luka to keep the armband for some consistency amid all the change going on.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:18 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
MacArthur would have been ideal two to three years ago. I'm not convinced he's going to be an automatic pick now though, in which case it might not now be a good choice.

I might get shot down but Joel Ward wouldn't be a bad choice for me, assuming he is earmarked as our first choice right back as things stand.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:25 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
- Intelligent bloke, can handle refs no problem.

- Vocal on the pitch, as you say, and someone younger players will undoubtedly look up to.

- Work ethic is there for all to see - he's probably a great trainer too.

- Never hides in a game, even when he's not playing well or we're being spanked.

- Great temperament - never lets red mist affect his performance.

- Honest player - listen to him talking after a loss and he'll always accept reality.

- Obviously knows the club inside out and popular with coaching staff and especially managers (except ostrich-interferers, obviously).

I think he sets the standard in the way he carries himself. You'd want all your players to have a bit of Jimmy Mac in them.
Yeah, Jimmy would be my choice too.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:35 PM

Son of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Ron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree with the points about Jimmy Mac, but it would be a right kick in the slats for Luka and might see his performances dip further.

I am guessing from the kit launch, with it featuring a couple of the new signings in Guehi and Olise along with Luka, that he'll be keeping the armband - at least as club captain if not always on matchday.

As people have said, its important to have leaders all over the pitch and the senior pros, Guiata, Ward, Tomkins, Luka, McArthur, Benteke etc etc. all have a responsibility to set an example and guide the younger lads. Zaha also has a big role to play as the figure-head of the club in some ways, our biggest talent, but also one of our most frustrating and petulant whiners. Needs to cut that out and inspire the lads coming through.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Macca for me is the best bet and you can already see him organising the rest to the patterns PV is after. I just think he sums up a lot of what you look for in a leader really but as others have said, you will get that from the natural leaders like Macca whoever the Captain is. I don't understand why he has never been given the armband before though (as far as I know). The Captain's role seems to mean a lot more to the fans than it has in terms of meaningful impact. As being suggested elsewhere I wouldn't make Wilf captain because when he loses it, there needs to be someone stepping in between him and the Ref. Hopefully Vieira can get inside Wilf's head and get him to turn more of that anger into positives but I still wouldn't make him Captain. TBH I can't imagine he would want to be sorting out the player pool, dos and ticket allocations that tend to go with that role. Not sure how WIlf would see the role. I would imagine he would have been delighted to have captained the team as he has but can't quite imagine being Captain ongoing is a big ambition for him.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:33 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Give it to Wilf