Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-11-2020, 07:55 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
This might help with identifying more of the Palace Youth team from 1969 - this group went on tour at the end of the 68/69 season.

Remember a few from that team.Ross Jenkins played a few first team games and ended up having a decent career at Watford. At the time I thought he was an absolute giant, but in reality was only an inch or two over the six foot mark. Scored his only two goals for the club against Everton when we beat them at Selhurst. Steve Tomkins had a brother Len.(were they twins?) Phil Hoadley was a player who had a good career who I thought we should have kept. Mick Brown is familiar. My memory tells me he was a Scot. Was he the captain? Did he play for the Scottish youth team? He was red haired and I might be getting him mixed up with Tommy Craig who was playing for Sheff Wed around the same time. They look very alike. Did Mick Brown end up having a career in the game? He was talked up a lot at the time but it's only the team photo that brought his memory back.
Old 21-11-2020, 09:43 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockleywood View Post
Have got three photos of Ron Harland wearing the Palace kit from seasons
1966/67, 1967/68, 1968/69. If he want scans of them, just let me know.

Nice one Ockley, I donít get to see Ron much, but will ask. He had an older brother, Mick, that also played for Palace Juniors in the mid 60s.

Ron made it right to the edge of the first team squad in the 69/70 season after Palace were promoted, but told me he got on the wrong side of the coach, George Petchey and that was that for his career, he spent a couple of seasons playing in Australia for Melbourne Knights but I think those years in the Palace juniors were the best.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:19 AM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You might want to check out early editions of the I-Spy Football book. Several Palace youth players feature circa 1969.