Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Shamed for what exactly?
Blocking regeneration works that would create hundreds of jobs and lift the local community for what? They know we won't pay the amount they want so why do it??? Ask for a reasonable price, even a greatly inflated value... Not hundreds if not thousands of times the value.

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 21-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Probationary User

HodgsonOut is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
They're 100% taking the pee .
And we know this how? Embarrassing.
Old 21-11-2020, 10:58 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Just pay up £5million for a slip of land worth thousands?

**** me, I hope you don't run any businesses!
Is this what they want or guesswork?
Old 21-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It was speculation yesterday, but things have moved on, as they do. It is now utter and profound certainty.
Old 21-11-2020, 11:34 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
It is possible that building the new stand with 13k capacity would allow the closure of the AW for redevelopment without losing too much if any of the current capacity of the stadium.
That is true and its a good point but at the current rate its no way near. Not only that but the whole deal with the Americans was based around ground development and £100m was ring-fenced, and yet it seems all that money is being allocated to the main stand.

I'll rephrase my question in case anyone wants to try and answer it. Will the AW be redeveloped within the next 20 years? If so wheres the money coming from?
Old 21-11-2020, 11:42 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Then when all the build is complete, make the front 15 rows of the Arthur Wait cheaper - 20 quid instead of 40, they will sell out.
Yeah good point and likely what will happen. Not sure how financially viable it will be but I agree cheaper tickets are the only way to resolve it.
Old 22-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Then when all the build is complete, make the front 15 rows of the Arthur Wait cheaper - 20 quid instead of 40, they will sell out.
Most of those seats in V and W are sold out to ST holders already, why would they reduce the prices?
Old 22-11-2020, 08:47 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Blocking regeneration works that would create hundreds of jobs and lift the local community for what? They know we won't pay the amount they want so why do it??? Ask for a reasonable price, even a greatly inflated value... Not hundreds if not thousands of times the value.
But it is worth what it is worth because it will unlock the development.

On ransom strips the starting point is 30% of the value it will unlock, so the more the club will make the more it is worth - that is not inflated, that is its actual value. If the club asked the Council to go down the Compulsory Purchase route then there would be an end to the question of what it is worth because it would be decided by an independent value .

I cannot get too indignant on this - if the club want to screw over its most loyal supporters on season tickets during a pandemic it is quite hard to get too excited if Sainsburys decides to do the same to the club. Very rich people bickering over land values isn't going to get me manning the barricades.

And as for it only being a sliver. I've looked at the title deeds and can see who owns what - it is difficult to see precisely but it is a reasonable amount of land that is needed. It isn't just accesss - virtually all of the new stand that projects beyond the current one would have to be built on the land belonging to Sainsburys.

There is a plan here showing the footprint of the proposed stand:-

To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you draw a horizontal line across it by continuing the boundary fence with Wooderson Close, all of the land below the line curently belongs to Sainsburys. The club would need to buy that together with enough land for the foundations and probably pedestrian access around the stand. I personally would not call that a sliver. It isn't massive but it is significant.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 22-11-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:58 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here

I have uploaded the Land Registry plan showing the land Sainsburys own which shows how close it goes to the existing stand for anyone who is interested. Sainsbburys land is coloured green. You can just see the outline of the current main stand through the pink shading. Then compare it to the plan above for the proposed stand and you can see what is being talked about.

Last edited by sw16girl; 22-11-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:09 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do the local community actually want a bigger Selhurst? Suspect more would prefer a larger Sainsbury.

We all want this badly because we are fans, never got the impression that the locals are that bothered.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:11 AM
A Fish without a Bike

the above plans may be the best way of comparing the existing footprint with the new proposed footprint. As said - all of the extra footprint is on Sainsburys land.

Old 22-11-2020, 09:34 AM

rp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayrp02100 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
I am surprised we cannot offer them part of the new stand for their use on non match days instead of a premium sum.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:35 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Out of interest where does the £5 mill price come from?.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:38 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It was speculation yesterday, but things have moved on, as they do. It is now utter and profound certainty.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:45 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:

Well you obviously don't, if by spending the cash allows a profit of even 5 million extra per season then year two your laughing.
I've bought overpriced products for my own company that are overpriced purely because the supplier knows what is can add to your business and profit or staff savings....
If you don't pay you don't earn the extra income... simple.
BTW I've only ever see 3 million as the price of that land .. that used to be the price Parish quoted to media.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Pay up Parish!
Old 22-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Out of interest where does the £5 mill price come from?.
I mentioned it yesterday as I'm sure someone mentioned that figure before. No idea if its true.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:51 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I mentioned it yesterday as I'm sure someone mentioned that figure before. No idea if its true.
That may have been me, thought I read it on here, obviously not!
Old 22-11-2020, 09:51 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Shamed for what exactly?
You realise they have form for this? They shafted Bristol Rovers on their ground 'deal' too.

Bastards, time to mobilise
Old 22-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post

I have uploaded the Land Registry plan showing the land Sainsburys own which shows how close it goes to the existing stand for anyone who is interested. Sainsbburys land is coloured green. You can just see the outline of the current main stand through the pink shading. Then compare it to the plan above for the proposed stand and you can see what is being talked about.
Wait, Sainsbury own that whole green area? That's the entire CPFC car park and Fan Zone from through the gates. That can't be right?